Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

46 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Wouldn't mind the appointment of Cameron if it involved bring someone to the role with expertise and a history of good international diplomacy, particularly given the outlook of the world. I don't think Cameron fits that at all. 

Actually I’d argue that’s the positive about the appointment - that he’s more diplomat than firebrand, with a lot of inside knowledge and experience at tumultuous times. You’d imagine people would listen when he was in the room, whether they wanted to or not.

The downsides are the accusations of dodgy dealings coupled with potential for exposure on the international stage and the fact someone who isn’t an elected MP is getting a major brief.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Firstly - I wouldn't thank a current conservative MP. These are dreadful vultures of avarice who are actively ruining the country.

Secondly - that's the biggest example of moral failing that they can find in him? Not rampant corruption, sexism, or racism? He could do a job for the current government I reckon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sunak comes out fighting 

he’ll just legislate to make the courts accept that the policy isn’t illegal 

I would have thought the simple adjustment to the policy is for any asylum request lodged in Rwanda which is rejected is then heard in the U.K. as an appeal. if successful then either Rwanda accepts the refugee(s) or we do. payments to Rwanda under the policy would be linked to this so there’s no incentive for them to simply reject requests.  

53 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Firstly - I wouldn't thank a current conservative MP. These are dreadful vultures of avarice who are actively ruining the country.

Secondly - that's the biggest example of moral failing that they can find in him? Not rampant corruption, sexism, or racism? He could do a job for the current government I reckon.

Especially an MP who has thus far helped to cover up a fellow Tory's sexual offences against little boys and used the offender's flat while he was being investigated.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Anyone know if the ERG are still the seeming kingmakers within the Tory party? Assume Braverman going did not also spell their doom

They cried so hard for a Brexit that has so obviously and visibly destroyed this country that I doubt anything they say now will ever hold any weight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

They cried so hard for a Brexit that has so obviously and visibly destroyed this country that I doubt anything they say now will ever hold any weight.

Yet they still had the stamina to give us Braverman, so never say never

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The mother was released a while ago I think

Yes, a few years' ago - which is ridiculous to say the least, given the part-responsibility of the deaths of 6 children.

Remember the events well; particularly the interview where they feigned being upset.

It'll be very more concerning if the last one gets released early, given his reported past...

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

The Labour Party just need to do an agree to disagree thing with this ceasefire amendment and move on like adults. They’re a bigger fish to fry at a domestic level. 

I get the principle involved but wonder if some of these MPs actually want to get into power or permanently just want to be in effect a protest group 

9 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I get the principle involved but wonder if some of these MPs actually want to get into power or permanently just want to be in effect a protest group 

I'd imagine the former but there's some who want to stand by their own communities, it is incredibly difficult and I do think a free vote is fine. In some examples, it's ok to have a broadchurch of opinions in a party especially when it would have next to no consequences, which is the daft thing about all of this. It is purely performative.

• Like 2

I wonder if the government realise that if they manage to stop the small boats there will then be a glut of poorly cobbled together light aircraft crash landing over (and possibly into) the white cliffs of Dover.

3 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Believe it or not there are still a huge number of idiots who still think Brexit was the best option for the UK!!... don't forget,  we took back control you know!!!!

• Like 1