Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

8 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Looks like Argentina have elected another absolute nutter. This one thinks he talks to the ghost of his dog. Expect more grandstanding about the Falklands, soon. 

That’s what happens when you have an economic system which runs at 140% inflation for over a year. 

He also said Thatcher was his political hero last week so I don’t think the Falklands are on in his mind. 

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Side note… the moment that Hamas or anyone for that matter admits that Hamas have in any way used the hospital as a base, it loses its status of protection and all gloves will

be off as far as Israel are concerned…

There are still almost 300 seriously ill patients in there 

they can’t all be evacuated at this time - if the situation in n Gaza becomes stable under Israeli control then they may well try and move out the rest of the patients to Egypt via Israel.  they won’t be able to explore beneath ground as much as they’d like for fear that booby trap explosives could be significant and potentially collapse some of the buildings 

I’m intrigued as to when they got hold of those hospital cctv images. You’d have expected the hospital authorities would have deleted them pretty quickly after the 7th.  Is it Co incidence that they were shown once full search of the site was complete ?  Have they had these for some time but didn’t want Hamas to be aware that they knew some hostages could be on site ref a rescue attempt ??

15 minutes ago, Lionator said:

That’s what happens when you have an economic system which runs at 140% inflation for over a year. 

He also said Thatcher was his political hero last week so I don’t think the Falklands are on in his mind. 

He also wants to ban abortion, loosen gun laws, scrap their currency and take on the Dollar. 
I read yesterday that 40% of Argentinians are in poverty 🙁

40 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yeah. The Falklands are what they bang on about when an election is due and they need some clout, not once they've already won. 

He's a fiscal libertarian economist that ran against the old minister of the economy in a nation with more financial problems than Everton. 

Highly doubt the first thing he's gonna do is posture over some irrelevant islands.

(He'll save that for next year when he's not made anything better and everyone's angry.) 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Fun washing works though, eh. Everyone who goes on it ends up somehow gaining in popularity no matter how dark the void at the centre of their souls. The man is a fascist - not sure that's ideal material for prime time ITV unless it involves a bunker and a gun or a lamppost.

You need to have a very distorted viewpoint of what fascism is, to think Farage is one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Fun washing works though, eh. Everyone who goes on it ends up somehow gaining in popularity no matter how dark the void at the centre of their souls. The man is a fascist - not sure that's ideal material for prime time ITV unless it involves a bunker and a gun or a lamppost.

I don’t think it does. I kind of get it if he was going on Blankety Blank but I’m A Celeb is different. Particularly for politicians. He won’t benefit from this, particularly because his matey common-man-of-the-pub-people persona will be shown up as he ends up arguing while the likes of Josie Gibson (I predict) are just friendly and nice to people.

Look at the likes of Nadine Dorries in the jungle or George Galloway in the Big Brother house. All it did was give people ammunition to ridicule them with.

Besides, the great con of the jungle is that it can be great for unknowns but it can be a trap for the big names. Farage is undoubtedly a massive name. I contend that if you detest Nigel Farage then going into the jungle is probably the thing you most want.

I appreciate however that if this was Tommy Robinson or Hatie Kopkins we were talking about then that would be a step too far. I don’t believe Farage has been prosecuted for inciting racial hatred, but if he has then I take the above back.

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There are still almost 300 seriously ill patients in there 

they can’t all be evacuated at this time - if the situation in n Gaza becomes stable under Israeli control then they may well try and move out the rest of the patients to Egypt via Israel.  they won’t be able to explore beneath ground as much as they’d like for fear that booby trap explosives could be significant and potentially collapse some of the buildings 

I’m intrigued as to when they got hold of those hospital cctv images. You’d have expected the hospital authorities would have deleted them pretty quickly after the 7th.  Is it Co incidence that they were shown once full search of the site was complete ?  Have they had these for some time but didn’t want Hamas to be aware that they knew some hostages could be on site ref a rescue attempt ??

I suspect they found them on some sort of hard drive when searching the building..

Then again, if Turkey can hack into the Saudi embassy, I’m sure Israel can gain  surveillance  access to the hospital.. so who knows!

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Vallance is doing a great job of deflecting blame elsewhere this afternoon.

I think Vallance role in decision making was.....zero. 

Meanwhile Sunak and Boris actively said they wanted people to die. 

But yeah, Vallance, the bloody deflecting git.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

You need to have a very distorted viewpoint of what fascism is, to think Farage is one. 

I don't think he is.

But I think he's probably closer than a lot of Brexit voters like to admit. He's expressed admiration for Putin, said he'd be worried if a Romanian moved next door to him (and put out an advert explaining why iirc) and apparently was seen as something of a neo-fascist at school. 

So maybe not a proper fascist. But a deeply unpleasant individual and somebody who's done more damage to this country than most. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bovril said:

I don't think he is.

But I think he's probably closer than a lot of Brexit voters like to admit. He's expressed admiration for Putin, said he'd be worried if a Romanian moved next door to him (and put out an advert explaining why iirc) and apparently was seen as something of a neo-fascist at school. 

So maybe not a proper fascist. But a deeply unpleasant individual and somebody who's done more damage to this country than most. 

He's a real geeza our Nige 

Screenshot_20231120_185603_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

I don't think he is.

His teachers and fellow pupils have apparently confirmed his allegiance to the National Front and that his hero was Oswald Mosley at that time. 
I’ve no idea why anyone would give him any air time at all. 
Then again, I’ve never seen even 10 seconds of I’m a Celebrity. 

• Like 2