Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67504272.amp

Sad day for Europe if this happens. 

Classic case of mainstream politics having absolutely no idea how to deal with far right twats. I remember in 2012 people laughing a Le Pen for only coming 3rd the French elections 1st round, as if she was defeated. 10 years later she came second in the 2nd round with double the number of votes as before and will be a massive threat in 2027. 

UKIP got 4m votes in 2015 but just 1 MP - I still cannot for the life of me understand why people were shocked that Brexit happened. And now look at the state of the Tories.

9 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Coming from where I do, it's easy to get sick of posts of the type "I'm glad I'm not prejudiced like people in Burnley".  Have you no sense of irony?

Does it make you feel any better if it was more a very specific and obvious dig at you more than your town? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What ?

3 hours ago, bmt said:

Is this common knowledge? I'm literally gobsmacked lol

He says bunker - we would say basement 

they were built as  part of the functioning hospital but Israel claims that some of them are being used for military purposes 

and

And that Hamas have built tunnels further down ( to other underground areas) and also linking these areas to other ‘bunkers’ in the area under Gaza city 

I don’t think the shifa hospital having several below ground basements should be news to either amanpour or hasan 

Edited by st albans fox

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He says bunker - we would say basement 

they were built as  part of the functioning hospital but Israel claims that some of them are being used for military purposes 

and

And that Hamas have built tunnels further down ( to other underground areas) and also linking these areas to other ‘bunkers’ in the area under Gaza city 

I don’t think the shifa hospital having several below ground basements should be news to either amanpour or hasan 

Still not seen any evidence of bunkers linked across the city or a sniff of a command centre. 

52 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Still not seen any evidence of bunkers linked across the city or a sniff of a command centre. 

from what I’ve read the Israeli’s seem to be blocking tunnel entrances rather than exploring below ground where they face a huge threat of death/injury. 

there is also the concern that hostages may be held in these networks so perhaps they aren’t keen to fight below ground for these reasons too. 

the next few days will be cat and mouse as the Israelis try to see where hostages are being brought from.  

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

from what I’ve read the Israeli’s seem to be blocking tunnel entrances rather than exploring below ground where they face a huge threat of death/injury. 

there is also the concern that hostages may be held in these networks so perhaps they aren’t keen to fight below ground for these reasons too. 

the next few days will be cat and mouse as the Israelis try to see where hostages are being brought from.  

He doesn’t seem to be talking about a basement. He seems to be talking about what everyone else is talking about. Just seems a bit crazy that this hasn’t been mentioned before. Israel: We know there’s a command centre because back in the early 2000s we built the parts that are now extended to be used as tunnels. Everyone else: Oh, ok Israel thanks for the update.

Instead we got a 3D image that looked like it was made on Microsoft 10.

Whether there are tunnels, a command centre or whatever else, my criticism here is that Israel’s PR game is shit. And has been pretty shit for a long time. 

Edit: sorry quoted the wrong message from you

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He doesn’t seem to be talking about a basement. He seems to be talking about what everyone else is talking about. Just seems a bit crazy that this hasn’t been mentioned before. Israel: We know there’s a command centre because back in the early 2000s we built the parts that are now extended to be used as tunnels. Everyone else: Oh, ok Israel thanks for the update.

Instead we got a 3D image that looked like it was made on Microsoft 10.

Whether there are tunnels, a command centre or whatever else, my criticism here is that Israel’s PR game is shit. And has been pretty shit for a long time. 

Edit: sorry quoted the wrong message from you

I thought that too. Or our own news is shit. I don't think it would have been outrageously difficult for the BBC to find out that the hospital had a quite extensive underground area built in the 80's by the Israelis. I actually think the BBC has been utterly useless on this conflict and completely unreliable. 

39 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It is crazy that net migration is 5x higher than the day of the Brexit vote. Do those people you adore Boris Johnson not feel cheated yet? 

And Braverman is going to use this figure to do some more back-stabbing:

From The Independent:

"Suella Braverman has launched another stinging attack on Rishi Sunak – claiming the prime minister is to blame for the government’s “slap in the face” failure to stop immigration from hitting record highs.

In a fresh bout of infighting, the recently sacked home secretary joined right-wing Tories condemning the “embarrassing” net migration figures and called on the PM to take urgent steps to curb the numbers.

Ms Braverman said she had “pushed” a five-point plan to bring down numbers on legal net migration while in cabinet – suggesting Mr Sunak had refused to act. Challenging the PM, she asked: “When do we say: enough is enough?”

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

And Braverman is going to use this figure to do some more back-stabbing:

From The Independent:

"Suella Braverman has launched another stinging attack on Rishi Sunak – claiming the prime minister is to blame for the government’s “slap in the face” failure to stop immigration from hitting record highs.

In a fresh bout of infighting, the recently sacked home secretary joined right-wing Tories condemning the “embarrassing” net migration figures and called on the PM to take urgent steps to curb the numbers.

Ms Braverman said she had “pushed” a five-point plan to bring down numbers on legal net migration while in cabinet – suggesting Mr Sunak had refused to act. Challenging the PM, she asked: “When do we say: enough is enough?”

If only she'd held a position such as Home Secretary...

• Like 2