Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

11 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Cat jokes galore in the comments.

This kind of thing is annoying. On top of their outrageous wages, clubs doing stuff like this. Surely he can afford to pay himself.

Similar thing with Luis Diaz recently. When his father was released Liverpool flew his family over here. He didn't. Would have been much nicer to know your son had paid to fly you over, especially as he can easily afford it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Worrying time for us Sikhs, the Modi/Hindutva agenda is taking course.  As a Sikh, I dont think i trust Sunakh's government to protect me as a British citizen

https://time.com/6342873/india-sikhs-persecution/

Great article and summary of the injustices and genocide Sikhs have suffered and why so many Sikhs want there own homeland.

It really does show the double standards of the world. Surely the targeting of civilians in THEIR country by another state should lead to worldwide condemnation and boycotts. India just staged the cricket World Cup - not a peep. 

I am no where near an expert on the Khalistan issue. However, with the state of affairs (which are gradually getting worse) for moderate Hindus, Silkhs and Muslims under the brutal and extremist Hindutva regime led by Modi, I can completely understand the want and need for a seperate Sikh homeland. And that need increasing in years to come. 

Well done on drawing that line Mountbatten. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

In the midst of all this cutting immigration Rwanda [deleted], the Home Office have increased the income requirements for spouse visas to nearly GBP38k, in line with working visas.  So you have to earn in the 73rd percentile to be able to have your foreign spouse join you in the UK.  Outrageous.  

On the coat of living thread there are complaints about house and rental prices rising, and on this thread there are complaints about restrictions on the million+ immigrants arriving each year.  The two are connected.  Allowing vast numbers of immigrants, about three quarters of them with no paid employment at least at first, is going to increase the cost of living.  Bound to.  There has to be compromise between how many people can come in, and how much we are willing for the cost of living to rise.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

On the coat of living thread there are complaints about house and rental prices rising, and on this thread there are complaints about restrictions on the million+ immigrants arriving each year.  The two are connected.  Allowing vast numbers of immigrants, about three quarters of them with no paid employment at least at first, is going to increase the cost of living.  Bound to.  There has to be compromise between how many people can come in, and how much we are willing for the cost of living to rise.  

The whole point of the spousal visa though is one person is being supported and “sponsored” by their partner while they first come and look for work and that they live with their partner- they aren’t looking for new housing, they’re simply joining an existing household, you need to show your partner already rents/owns somewhere to live as part of the application. You don’t need £38,000 a year for that, even if it takes them a year to find work which is probably won’t for most anyway given you also need to prove you have a decent level of English to get a partner visa. These aren’t working visas, students or asylum seekers who need more housing to accommodate them. I really don’t see how working people who already have housing bringing their partners over to live with them increases the cost of living for all of us. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The whole point of the spousal visa though is one person is being supported and “sponsored” by their partner while they first come and look for work and that they live with their partner- they aren’t looking for new housing, they’re simply joining an existing household, you need to show your partner already rents/owns somewhere to live as part of the application. You don’t need £38,000 a year for that, even if it takes them a year to find work which is probably won’t for most anyway given you also need to prove you have a decent level of English to get a partner visa. These aren’t working visas, students or asylum seekers who need more housing to accommodate them. I really don’t see how working people who already have housing bringing their partners over to live with them increases the cost of living for all of us. 

The current figure is £20,000 salary needed to get a family visa, I believe.  I'm pretty sure that if someone is living off £20k per year, they will be collecting working family credits and their actual tax payments will not be enough to pay for the cost of that tax credit plus the cost of educating the children and the cost of health treatment for all and all the other expenses that the government pays.

Also a single person earning £20k may not be living at present in a house big enough for a family.  He may be living in a rented room or bedsit or shared house or small flat.  Again as per the cost of living thread, most people on £20k per year with no savings and a family to support would need financial help to buy a house.

• Haha 1

the news is saying any asylum seeker sent to Rwanda who gets jailed over there could be sent back to the U.K.  if ever there are asylum seekers sent to Rwanda they will all try and get jailed over there so they can come back?. The whole Rwanda thing has been a farce from the beginning and already cost the taxpayer millions even before anyone has been sent there.  honestly the whole Rwanda thing is a massive S"£t show and not one person has gone yet.

10 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

In the midst of all this cutting immigration Rwanda bullshit, the Home Office have increased the income requirements for spouse visas to nearly GBP38k, in line with working visas.  So you have to earn in the 73rd percentile to be able to have your foreign spouse join you in the UK.  Outrageous.  

It’s been confirmed that it will be retrospectively applied to everyone currently here, in a relationship, and facing a visa renewal. 

Yet again, it’s a brand new low from the party that has eschewed every single form of decency and honour. This is the most unBritish group of bastards.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It’s been confirmed that it will be retrospectively applied to everyone currently here, in a relationship, and facing a visa renewal. 

Yet again, it’s a brand new low from the party that has eschewed every single form of decency and honour. This is the most unBritish group of bastards.

LAWS

Just when you thought it was safe to enter the country...

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

The current figure is £20,000 salary needed to get a family visa, I believe.  I'm pretty sure that if someone is living off £20k per year, they will be collecting working family credits and their actual tax payments will not be enough to pay for the cost of that tax credit plus the cost of educating the children and the cost of health treatment for all and all the other expenses that the government pays.

Also a single person earning £20k may not be living at present in a house big enough for a family.  He may be living in a rented room or bedsit or shared house or small flat.  Again as per the cost of living thread, most people on £20k per year with no savings and a family to support would need financial help to buy a house.

The base is for people to move here, people's lives and incomes change, this is not the level they'll be at forever. This is why people are originally granted temporary spousal visas which they have to renew. They aren’t given permanent residency on moving here. 

Again, your argument is simply on the assumption that the partner never works or earns money on their own, which is not going to be the case for most people once they're here. Couples generally earn a lot more as a combined household than a single person does.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure you already do have to prove you live in an apartment of a certain size and have to send off the details of where you live on your application.

Thirdly, what do home ownership have to do with anything? Can't couples live decent lives in rental apartments? Many may choose not to buy if they have moved countries a few time as it gives them less flexibility.

Fourthly, whether they have children or start a family is also kind of irrelevant if one parent is already a Brit, as they'd be a child of a British citizen anyway, so if they wanted to start a family the children would have the right to a British passport anyway, even if they were born abroad. So those children already have the right to live in the UK regardless, growing up with only one parent though as their other parent can't move to the UK is surely going to cause much more financial pressure and emotional hardship on the family than if a British citizen can bring their spouse over and their spouse is also able live with them and to work in the UK?

Fifthly, we have a massively ageing population where the elderly who are the ones who most of the state purse goes on paying for health care and pension is becoming more and more out of whack with the number of tax payers as our birth rate is way below the 2.4 children per mother replacement rate needed to keep a demographically stable population: Regardless of what you think of other forms of migration for work or studies or asylum, why the hell should we as a country try to *discourage* British citizens from starting families having children in the UK? Partners of British citizens being allowed to move and allowing British people the chance to have settled relationships and/or starting families is one form of immigration I thought everyone would be for encouraging. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

In the midst of all this cutting immigration Rwanda bullshit, the Home Office have increased the income requirements for spouse visas to nearly GBP38k, in line with working visas.  So you have to earn in the 73rd percentile to be able to have your foreign spouse join you in the UK.  Outrageous.  

The problem with this 38k is the typical London-centricism of practically every UK government. 38k in London isn't much of a stretch, but up north you'd be lord of the Manor (I'm using hyperbole for comedy and effect, but my point is valid.) Could potentially scupper needed immigration in Scotland and N. Ireland?

So should they perhaps they be asked where in the UK they plan on staying?

Would this mean vetting northerners who plan on moving south?

Just driving that wedge between rich and poor in even deeper.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

This has done me right up. Not sure me and my foreign partner will be able to live in the UK once her current visa runs out. She has a shiny new PhD though so the salary isn't completely unachievable. For many though, that would represent very significant pay bump needed.

Edited by MustardTiger
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, MustardTiger said:

This has done me right up. Not sure me and my foreign partner will be able to live in the UK once her current via runs out. She has a shiny new PhD though so the salary isn't completely unachievable. For many though, that would represent very significant pay bump needed.

This is awful, and totally immoral.  I feel for anyone impacted by this.

52 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I can scarcely believe that a poor British citizen can’t marry whomever they choose and bring them to live in the uk, subject to a check that it isn’t a scam. I must be a bit naive.

Fixed :thumbup:

Wealthy people wouldn't dream of scamming anyone!

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MustardTiger said:

This has done me right up. Not sure me and my foreign partner will be able to live in the UK once her current visa runs out. She has a shiny new PhD though so the salary isn't completely unachievable. For many though, that would represent very significant pay bump needed.

Really feel for you and those others affected by this. It’s going to break up families or force hard working Brits to have to emigrate to their partner’s country or a find another third country they can both live just to be with the person they love. It’s nonsensical.

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Fixed :thumbup:

Wealthy people wouldn't dream of scamming anyone!

It’s not even poor really. £38,000 a year for one person, not even their joint earnings, is something even a lot of a middle class families outside of the south east couldn’t afford. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s not even poor really. £38,000 a year for one person, not even their joint earnings, is something even a lot of a middle class families outside of the south east couldn’t afford. 

Indeed, my wife and I don't earn that much combined, but we own our own house, have a car and by no means are struggling. It's perfectly possible to survive on less than 38k a year without putting a burden on the state.

We're definitely not middle-class though lol

19 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Indeed, my wife and I don't earn that much combined, but we own our own house, have a car and by no means are struggling. It's perfectly possible to survive on less than 38k a year without putting a burden on the state.

We're definitely not middle-class though lol

Spoken like a true chav