Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Hypothetically then, if I am earning £35k, my wife, who is a citizen of India has a baby and would like to be a full time mother. Her visa comes up for renewal, she would have to leave the country? 

Exactly. Even if you were living in a relatively cheap part of the uk up north or in Scotland/N. Ireland and could afford all your bills on that £35k it doesn’t matter.

Edited by Sampson

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Hypothetically then, if I am earning £35k, my wife, who is a citizen of India has a baby and would like to be a full time mother. Her visa comes up for renewal, she would have to leave the country? 

Yes. And if she left you with the child you’d probably go on to benefits so you could look after it full-time as you’d not be able to pay for child care and continue to work.

Another genius Tory plan that will cost the country far more than the problem it purports to solve.

43 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

When is this 38k thing coming in? I can seriously see it being challenged.

My guess is it will have little effect for 2 years. Many come here to study then apply for graduate positions, they get a 2 year student visa which has few restrictions though they can't bring a spouse to the UK.

At the end of 2 years our grads then need a work visa and be earning £27k. This jump will start to bite in an couple of years once the current crop of graduates have 18 months experience but won't get paid enough for businesses to want to keep them on.

18 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Yes. And if she left you with the child you’d probably go on to benefits so you could look after it full-time as you’d not be able to pay for child care and continue to work.

Another genius Tory plan that will cost the country far more than the problem it purports to solve.

Seems like another sure fire route to a windrush type scandal. And utterly inhumane and evil.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kenny said:

My guess is it will have little effect for 2 years. Many come here to study then apply for graduate positions, they get a 2 year student visa which has few restrictions though they can't bring a spouse to the UK.

At the end of 2 years our grads then need a work visa and be earning £27k. This jump will start to bite in a couple of years once the current crop of graduates have 18 months experience but won't get paid enough for businesses to want to keep them on.

Spousal visas are for permanent British residents, British or Irish citizens or EU citizens with pre/settled status. They have nothing to do with what you’re talking about, you have to have worked in the UK on a work visa for 5 years to get permanent residency for workers, student visa don’t count towards permanent residency. It has nothing to do with people on student visas bringing their partners over, it may affect foreign students who started a relationship with a Brit while studying in the UK staying with their British partner though.

What you are describing is for work visas, it has nothing to do with spousal visas. 

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Spousal visas are for permanent British residents, British or Irish citizens or EU citizens with pre/settled status. They have nothing to do with what you’re talking about, you have to have worked in the UK on a work visa for 5 years to get permanent residency for workers, student visa don’t count towards permanent residency. It has nothing to do with people on student visas bringing their partners over, it may affect foreign students who started a relationship with a Brit while studying in the UK though.

What you are describing is for work visas, it has nothing to do with spousal visas. 

Apologies, I assumed that the government was raising the minimum salary for work visas to £38k from its current level of £27k?

I truly do despair of politicians. All of them. on the right you have immoral feinds who thinking they know how to lead,  on the left you have principled individuals who couldn't lead the way down a one way street.  Maybe i should put this in the unpopular opinions thread.

Give me my private island!

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

I truly do despair of politicians. All of them. on the right you have immoral feinds who thinking they know how to lead,  on the left you have principled individuals who couldn't lead the way down a one way street.  Maybe i should put this in the unpopular opinions thread.

Give me my private island!

Gruinard Island is nice and private.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Apparently jenrick has resigned because the new Rwanda legislation doesn’t go far enough 

breaking the ECHR rules apparently isn’t strong wnough !

sunak is in big trouble although cannot see how they could change leader again ! 

Also hilarious that Sunak was quoted as saying they won't leave ECHR in this legislation as the Rwandan's said that's immoral and they'd pull out of the deal. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Fewer people are reading papers ?   Surely that will make a difference ???

social media will soon be more important than newspapers! 

They still reach their target audience, online or in print - after all, the swing required to vastly alter a result under FPTP is not all that great. Even though many don't read the output, it still seems to seep into the general consciousness of the population - which is rather scary, as how many of us are willing to consider the possibility that we're being manipulated and made to accept hyper-normalisation?

7 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Apparently you can lose your entire whatsapp history when whatsapp goes ''down'' according to Bozza. How can he say all this with a stright face and expect people to actually believe him. 

The problem is nobody ever challenges his obvious and total lies.

Why didn't anyone at the enquiry actually ****ing challenge that obvious and clear lie properly.

'No - that's not how it works and you're telling a lie.' That's all you need to say. If he continues to lie get someone from the ****ing company to challenge him on it. It could be a matter of proving criminal negligence. If nobody challenges it then it's a tacit admission of acceptance.

Edited by foxile5

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Apparently you can lose your entire whatsapp history when whatsapp goes ''down'' according to Bozza. How can he say all this with a stright face and expect people to actually believe him. 

People believed him when he convinced everyone that "the science" was being followed.

I actually feel sorry for the bloke today.  A clear liar he is, this has always been the case, and now the level of blame is squarely set at his door.  He's the fall guy.  Ultimately I don't think he's fully to blame, those pulling the strings in the background offering "science" are equally to blame, if not more so, for the course of action taken he was pushed into making, but they will get off scott free of course.