Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

14 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What would your immigration policy be?

Have declared my island as an independent state. Willing to take anyone with skills. Plan on annexing a local roundabout and a bus shelter in the next 12 months. Together we can be stronger. 

IMG_4171.jpeg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Hard to feel any sympathy when he used the pandemic to feather his and his friends nests, to have parties whilst others were fined heavily for simply meeting, and lying consistently and eagerly.

Your sympathy should not be reserved for that particular toxic blowhard.

I agree.  However, this "rigorous" lol inquiry is clearing steering towards (a) blame Boris and (b) lockdown sooner.  It's a farce.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I agree.  However, this "rigorous" enquiry is clearing steering towards (a) blame Boris and (b) lockdown sooner.  It's a farce.

Because a) he shouldn’t be blamed and b) we shouldn’t have?

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It's not as simple as that.  

If this is all the inquiry achieves and similar happens again and lockdown occurs earlier, but with similar outcomes, we blame someone else?  It's more complicated than that and this inquiry is not currently exploring alternatives with enough rigor.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Question b is what the enquiry should be trying to work out.  Given a choice of two question, (1) is a former PM incompetent and/or dishonest, and (2) what should we have done and what should we do if it happens again, I would have thought the second question is the more important.  Are they making a serious effort to answer the second question?  Are they going to come with conclusions on whether with hindsight it was right to close the schools, whether with hindsight it was right to keep the supermarkets open, whether with hindsight we should have locked down longer and harder, whether with hindsight we should have locked down again at Christmas 2021 when "the science" said we should?  Those are far more important questions than "who can we blame".

18 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Have declared my island as an independent state. Willing to take anyone with skills. Plan on annexing a local roundabout and a bus shelter in the next 12 months. Together we can be stronger. 

IMG_4171.jpeg

You will be regretting this in five-six generations time, when the people of the impoverished roundabout seek to find a better life in the island that once conquered them. Meanwhile, the layby will do nothing to stop the "billions" of small shopping trolleys headed your way, whilst all the time the Bus Stop is campaigning for another referendum on independence.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

You will be regretting this in five-six generations time, when the people of the impoverished roundabout seek to find a better life in the island that once conquered them. Meanwhile, the layby will do nothing to stop the "billions" of small shopping trolleys headed your way, whilst all the time the Bus Stop is campaigning for another referendum on independence.

I’ll be alive in 5-6 generations time? 

Result. 

Bring on the war. 

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

No one is allowed on unless they bring a box of  chocolate HobNobs. 

Is this why there were no Aldi Chocolate Hobnobs in Lutterworth when I went there yesterday? You've seized the Whittle roundabout and declared it sovereign? You'll never get that trade deal with Magna Park you know.

10 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I can scarcely believe that a British citizen can’t marry whomever they choose and bring them to live in the uk, subject to a check that it isn’t a scam. I must be a bit naive.

When we are in the EU it was much easier and cheaper for a non-British EU citizen to do this than for say me and my wife.  We had the opportunity to make this a lot fairer, and like everything else this Government have ****ed it.

The sad fact is they can do this because it is easier than solving actual problem immigration via the boats and fake students etc.

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

Is this why there were no Aldi Chocolate Hobnobs in Lutterworth when I went there yesterday? You've seized the Whittle roundabout and declared it sovereign? You'll never get that trade deal with Magna Park you know.

local corner shops will have to accept my cut price offer on bread!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

When we are in the EU it was much easier and cheaper for a non-British EU citizen to do this than for say me and my wife. 

Kind of true, it’s more dependent on if you just lived in another EU country together when moving rather than your citizenship. 

If you are an EU citizen and live with your non-EU spouse and you use your freedom of movement rights to move from one EU country to another, then your non-EU partner can just move with you under EU law without needing to go through immigration. It still works if you are moving back to your home country from another EU country too. So I if you were a UK citizen moving back to the UK and you were, say, living in France or Ireland with your Australian partner for example, you could just bring them back to the UK under EU freedom of movement law.

I saw an article on the BBC last year that a lot of British-EU couples moved to Ireland after Brexit, as Brits still have freedom of movement to Ireland and Ireland is still part of the EU. So after living together in Ireland for 6 months, they can just move back to their partner’s EU country without needing to go through immigration.

Edited by Sampson