Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. 

In other news, I'm hoping I can get home before the ark gets built. 

We were flooded at work, had to leave. Came out of nowhere. Fire Brigade called in. You okay?

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We were flooded at work, had to leave. Came out of nowhere. Fire Brigade called in. You okay?

Just about made it from Bakewell. Not fun, especially with morons not slowing down or using lights on rural roads with much surface water. 

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

And how exactly could they make the economy any worse than Liz Truss did ffs! Tanked the economy in 2 weeks with her proposed libertarian utopia. Starmer literally can just sit there on the beach for 2 weeks and he’d have done a better job. lol

Two weeks? Together with Kwasi they managed to achieve that in a matter of a couple of hours on the 26th September 2022. 

Edited by SpacedX
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Just about made it from Bakewell. Not fun, especially with morons not slowing down or using lights on rural roads with much surface water. 

I can’t believe it, how fast and quickly it just come down. 

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Erm, you said you wanted them in.

ok, so you’re one of those people who claim they’re a “centrist” despite always taking the right wing position…

And of course they’ll do a better job ffs. Are you kidding me? lol 

Regardless of economic position, there’s no way they’d pass unethical, 17th century shit like the Rwanda plan, the nations and borders bill or the anti-protest laws. Immigrants, dual citizens, refugees, trans people and other minorities won’t get endless rhetoric and whipping up of hatred towards them and laws passed against them turning them into second class people. That’s an obvious improvement for starters. 

And how exactly could they make the economy any worse than Liz Truss did ffs! Tanked the economy in 2 weeks with her proposed libertarian utopia. Starmer literally can just sit there on the beach for 2 weeks and he’d have done a better job. lol

2ZrhmRltHUEk.gif

• Haha 1

Great night for Labour but still some massive questions to be asked

1.  Will the Tories scramble to reign back some reform votes?

2. 150 seats is massive. Can Labour get that many?

Honestly, I think Labours best chance is to attack the Tories from the ‘ other side’ Maybe distance themselves even more from the far left and ‘Corbinytes’

i feel like Labour have some deep soul-searching to do… what is more important to them? Getting the Tories out, Or embracing far left ideology. There will come a time they can do both, I just don’t think now is the time. Too much ground to make up.

decision time!

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

Honestly, I think Labours best chance is to attack the Tories from the ‘ other side’ Maybe distance themselves even more from the far left and ‘Corbinytes’

i feel like Labour have some deep soul-searching to do… what is more important to them? Getting the Tories out, Or embracing far left ideology. There will come a time they can do both, I just don’t think now is the time. Too much ground to make up.

decision time!

Starmer has no intention of embracing left wing ideology let alone far left, he's set his stall out clearly as a centrist with plenty of nods to New Labour is his conference speech.   If they go much further to the 'other side' then they'll just be a slightly more competent Tory party.  Most people voting for the Reform party will likely never vote Labour so they'll ignore them, a few may go back to the Tories but I doubt it'll be enough to win them an election.  

There's no soul searching to be done here and no real questions to be asked or answered as far as the Labour leadership are concerned.  Steady as she goes. 

All they need to do is avoid a scandal of the magnitude of something like, I don't know, Starmer is a serial killer, and they will win a majority at the next election, probably a huge one.  I expect the SNP will lose seats to Labour as well.  

One thing voters will not forget is Partygate and kamikwazi, amongst many other scandals.  The Tories are done.  Like a bad penny they'll be back, of course.  But it might take them a decade to recover after this election.  

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Starmer has no intention of embracing left wing ideology let alone far left, he's set his stall out clearly as a centrist with plenty of nods to New Labour is his conference speech.   If they go much further to the 'other side' then they'll just be a slightly more competent Tory party.  Most people voting for the Reform party will likely never vote Labour so they'll ignore them, a few may go back to the Tories but I doubt it'll be enough to win them an election.  

There's no soul searching to be done here and no real questions to be asked or answered as far as the Labour leadership are concerned.  Steady as she goes. 

All they need to do is avoid a scandal of the magnitude of something like, I don't know, Starmer is a serial killer, and they will win a majority at the next election, probably a huge one.  I expect the SNP will lose seats to Labour as well.  

One thing voters will not forget is Partygate and kamikwazi, amongst many other scandals.  The Tories are done.  Like a bad penny they'll be back, of course.  But it might take them a decade to recover after this election.  

It would be ill-thought of labour to think that the general election is already in the bag. i wouldn't suggest anyone from reform would vote labour only that reform voters could return to the Tories so  i wondered if  Labour  wouldtry and tap into the centrist right Tories vote a bit more..

Personally i could see it as definite soul searching for labour to move more central as many would see it as a betrayal to the grassroot young far  left vote that's only going to get bigger in the UK There is somewhat of an olive branch still there but make no mistake that any more to the center and there could be another mini green revival/ protest vote.maybe

Ignore the Tories at your own peril, the slippery buggers.

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

It would be ill-thought of labour to think that the general election is already in the bag. i wouldn't suggest anyone from reform would vote labour only that reform voters could return to the Tories so  i wondered if  Labour  wouldtry and tap into the centrist right Tories vote a bit more..

Personally i could see it as definite soul searching for labour to move more central as many would see it as a betrayal to the grassroot young far  left vote that's only going to get bigger in the UK There is somewhat of an olive branch still there but make no mistake that any more to the center and there could be another mini green revival/ protest vote.maybe

Ignore the Tories at your own peril, the slippery buggers.

Well they certainly are slippery but I think their own base and even much of their traditional supportive media have had enough.  

The grassroot, or more lefty elements, of Labour I think will, in the main, hold their noses and vote for Starmer as I will.  

The interesting point is about the younger vote.  They tend to poll as more left wing, more supportive of Corbyn for example and more idealistic etc but will that translate into anything meaningful over the next decade? Or anything Labour needs to account for, votes they feel they need to win? 

I'm not so sure.

I have a serious question for a change for  Tory voters.

Apart from the " Eat out for help out" scheme my cousin Rishi sanctioned.

What ONE positive  has come out of 13 years of this corrupt, lying government?

Ivd made it easy by asking for just ONE thing.

11 minutes ago, Raj said:

2.5 billion a year in QR funding pledged and delivered in 2019 and membership of Horizon Europe - although they didn't half drag their heels on that even though it was contingent on the Windsor Framework which took time. (Remember, it wasn't solely Tories that were responsible for Brexit and there was a significant pro-remain faction amongst their ranks). 

HURRIEDLY EDITS TO ADD: I am not a Tory voter. lol

Edited by SpacedX

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Cant believe people still think the Tories are an option after all the sh1t they have done.

It's actually very worrying.

You won't enjoy the watch, but the answer is here - summarised by the first comment underneath: "You can’t be racist or homophobic without being branded racist & homophobic these days. It’s a bloody disgrace…"

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

You won't enjoy the watch, but the answer is here - summarised by the first comment underneath: "You can’t be racist or homophobic without being branded racist & homophobic these days. It’s a bloody disgrace…"

Couldn't finishing it mate, its so bloody  depressing watching that.....Dont even know which of them to start on...☹☹☹

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Raj said:

Couldn't finishing it mate, its so bloody  depressing watching that.....Dont even know which of them to start on...☹☹☹

Yep, the same for me. I got as far as the waster saying about national conscription.

But it does ram home why those people do the things they do - stupidity, bigotry and selfishness. You can’t teach them, you can’t show them.

• Like 1

This Tory government is one of the most corrupt insane things I’ve witnessed. It’s almost as if it is satire. All summed up by that twat in Tamworth walking off like a spoilt child yesterday. Makes me laugh when people say things such as “there are all as bad as each other”. Obviously not, these guys are crooks and don’t have or ever had the best interests of our country at heart. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MPH said:

decision time!

There's absolutely nothing left wing about the current Labour party, not really sure if you've paying attention for the last few years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

There's absolutely nothing left wing about the current Labour party, not really sure if you've paying attention for the last few years.

I have.

I must admit I’m used to the Hyperbolic  nature of American politics  where the right wing Republicans make the Tories seem like tree huggers and where  Democrats will join anti abortion rallies after spending the morning cleaning their guns..

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

And who are these ‘far left’ I keep hearing about? Is there anyone on the far left anywhere near a government position? Even Corbyns manifesto wasn’t remotely ’far left’… I think the shift to the right has been so extreme that I would put Starmer firmly on the right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Is he REALLY your cousin?

If so, have a word with him. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

And who are these ‘far left’ I keep hearing about? Is there anyone on the far left anywhere near a government position? Even Corbyns manifesto wasn’t remotely ’far left’… I think the shift to the right has been so extreme that I would put Starmer firmly on the right.

Your quite right, we now live in a right wing country where the only way a left wing party can get into power

is to move to the right.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Is he REALLY your cousin?

If so, have a word with him. :thumbup:

F?cking wish he was my cousin just for the $$$$$£££££€€€€€$$$$$$$$$££££££🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1