Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

What's happened to Al Jazeera on Freeview? Has it been pulled, because of its biassed reporting, just as RT News was? Although Al Jazeera and i24, the satellite channel on Hotbird, having been covering the same story since Oct 7, the difference in perspectives is amazing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

What's happened to Al Jazeera on Freeview? Has it been pulled, because of its biassed reporting, just as RT News was? Although Al Jazeera and i24, the satellite channel on Hotbird, having been covering the same story since Oct 7, the difference in perspectives is amazing. 

It's still on mine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

An asylum seeker has died on the Bibby Stockholm, apparent suicide. At the end of the day it is someone's life and people's lives should not be a political football for everyone to kick around!.

As a balance to this, individuals will take their own lives for a variety of reasons. 

I accept that the refugee ships aren't really acceptable in terms of the apparent conditions, as described in the press but neither are the many hotels and camps full of asylum seekers and there are no figures or reports (that I am aware of) for suicides in these places.

No-one knows the true background or the facts surrounding this incident.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, String fellow said:

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Strangely, this morning that channel was a completely blank screen on my telly, but now it's back on as normal without rescanning. Apologies for the false alarm.

Maybe whatever you were watching on Hotbird has infected your device :cool:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The Rwanda law has passed. I think this will be start of the Tory comeback sadly. 

Rwanda will only be able to take a few hundred(maybe) at best and there are more than a few hundred every week crossing the channel so unless they are able to do deals with other countries at a cost of millions to the taxpayer, which I can't see what exactly was the whole point! It is an absolute hollow victory for the government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

The Rwanda law has passed. I think this will be start of the Tory comeback sadly. 

It’s passed this particular stage, there’s a long way to go before it becomes law. This was the relatively easy part for them to get it through, plenty of opportunities for the squabbling to trash it (and the party) still to come. 

28 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Bit harsh on your good self. 

Honestly, if you’ve seen his films, it really isn’t. 

Basically a grown man cry wanking over a picture of Alan Sheeran in various different clothes. To my knowledge Thracian is the only person to have ever bought a film. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

An asylum seeker has died on the Bibby Stockholm, apparent suicide. At the end of the day it is someone's life and people's lives should not be a political football for everyone to kick around!.

You have to feel for the story these people are sold by the people traffickers.  No doubt the Biby Stockholm is a disappointment.

To be fair to the process, people also take their own lives working far from home and living in similar site accommodation.  It can be tough I think whatever the reasons for being there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

As a balance to this, individuals will take their own lives for a variety of reasons. 

I accept that the refugee ships aren't really acceptable in terms of the apparent conditions, as described in the press but neither are the many hotels and camps full of asylum seekers and there are no figures or reports (that I am aware of) for suicides in these places.

No-one knows the true background or the facts surrounding this incident.

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

You have to feel for the story these people are sold by the people traffickers.  No doubt the Biby Stockholm is a disappointment.

To be fair to the process, people also take their own lives working far from home and living in similar site accommodation.  It can be tough I think whatever the reasons for being there.

As I said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Passed stage one. Two more readings before it becomes law. It could still go tits up for the Gov.

Rwanda are bagging millions of our pounds before even one asylum seeker gets on a plane.

They know how desperate and stupid our government is.

24 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Passed stage one. Two more readings before it becomes law. It could still go tits up for the Gov.

Rwanda are bagging millions of our pounds before even one asylum seeker gets on a plane.

They know how desperate and stupid our government is.

Good for Rwanda I say.  No doubt the government will find some way to take it out of the international development funding.,

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

Interesting article on the BBC and to be expected.. and to be fair several of us have mentioned this I’m sure.. it’s been said in here that if Israel do indeed wipe out Hamas, there will be another generation of them just a few years away..

Support for Hamas grows among Palestinians in West Bank https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67695861

Which then becomes a reason to further kill Palestinians which further entrenches feelings of injustice and hatred. This is why I so quickly used the word genocide. Israel knows killing people in Palestine isn't going to make young Palestinians less likely to become extremists. For me the escalation of this looks less about destroying Hamas (and worth noting Hamas isn't the only militant organisation in Gaza anyway) and more about destroying Palestine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bmt said:

Which then becomes a reason to further kill Palestinians which further entrenches feelings of injustice and hatred. This is why I so quickly used the word genocide. Israel knows killing people in Palestine isn't going to make young Palestinians less likely to become extremists. For me the escalation of this looks less about destroying Hamas (and worth noting Hamas isn't the only militant organisation in Gaza anyway) and more about destroying Palestine.

I actually said very early on that i wonder if they were going to use this all as an excuse to land grab a bit of northern Palestine to try and create a bigger buffer for protection from Missile attacks. Or at least, that would be the excuse..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

Interesting article on the BBC and to be expected.. and to be fair several of us have mentioned this I’m sure.. it’s been said in here that if Israel do indeed wipe out Hamas, there will be another generation of them just a few years away..

Support for Hamas grows among Palestinians in West Bank https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67695861

They will never wipe out Hamas as it is also an ideology as well as a terrorist organisation.they will limit( don't know how long) the groups ability to launch another major attack for which Israel is still smarting how the intelligence failed so spectacularly. They need to disrupt the supply line from Iran to Hamas via tunnels from Egypt and other smuggling routes. There is also what to do after they've supposedly limited Hamas ability to carry out attacks. How will the reconstruction of Gaza go after the major army initiatives have ended and who will be responsible for the reconstruction. The Israelis after the war want to terminate whatever responsibility they have over the Gaza strip and only want to be responsible for Israels security over the border with it!. The Hamas ideology is deep in Gaza where young Palestinians are indoctrinated from very early ages to hate Israelis and are taught it is their duty to resist occupation and their will always be other generations that are brought up to hate and sacrifice there lives to kill Israelis. The Israelis can win militarily but after the current conflict there needs to be some sort of peace initiative with whatever ends up ruling Gaza after or if Hamas are sufficiently destroyed. The Israelis can either keep destroying Gaza or help build a future for the innocent civilians of Gaza so that they don't just know an ever cycle of death and destruction but can choose another way where the people of Gaza can build and thrive without the need for death and destruction. A tall order.