Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

21 hours ago, Dunge said:

It’s interesting to me to see the mental gymnastics in this. She hasn’t seen a penny of it, she says. Which is technically true, but hardly a great moral argument because it’s all in trust. The risks were absolutely extraordinary, they say. From a business perspective, I get that, but it’s not exactly philanthropic behaviour from a peer of the realm. They’ve been investigated for years and it’s taken a toll, she says. Well maybe you should’ve declared an interest in the company like others told you to do.

There probably isn’t anything criminal here, but that isn’t the only standard by which people are going to judge you.

I've not watched it yet but that sounds very much to me like a deliberate line to lessen the impact of what they've done - some people will hear that, not really understand it, and the takeaway will be that she's not actually had the money.

I've followed her story for what feels like years now (and probably is) and it's a sad symptom of the state of the UK media that it's taken this long for the story to get any traction. The Guardian and Byline Times have been asking questions about this for ages, but as recently as this summer I was seeing puff pieces in the right wing press along the lines of *look at Baroness Mone looking glam turning up at something or other" 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

“If you’ve done nothing wrong you don’t need to lie !” 

Mrs Oxlong - numerous occasions over many, many years 

This set me thinking about the actual recorded police interviews they show in crime programmes, where a suspect just repeats 'No comment' to all the questions.

I know they are advised to do so by their solicitor but to me it implies guilt.

'Did you murder Mrs. Joan Smith?'

'No comment'

What? If I was innocent, I would scream from the rooftops that they had the wrong guy.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Amazing attack lines from the Tories.

Miliband: Looks daft while eating a bacon sandwich.

Corbyn: Hangs around with terrorists and antisemites.

Starmer:

GBnkDT1XoAABGS3?format=jpg&name=medium

Almost as if the Tory rags are trying to distract from other MPs. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/18/tory-mp-miriam-cates-investigated-standards-watchdog

"Greenberg is investigating eight MPs, with the inquiries dating back to June. Seven are Conservatives, including Eleanor Laing, the deputy speaker, and Bernard Jenkin. The eighth is the former Tory Andrew Bridgen, who now sits for Reclaim."

bUT thEy'Re alL aS BAd as EAcH othER... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Almost as if the Tory rags are trying to distract from other MPs. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/18/tory-mp-miriam-cates-investigated-standards-watchdog

"Greenberg is investigating eight MPs, with the inquiries dating back to June. Seven are Conservatives, including Eleanor Laing, the deputy speaker, and Bernard Jenkin. The eighth is the former Tory Andrew Bridgen, who now sits for Reclaim."

bUT thEy'Re alL aS BAd as EAcH othER... 

They are, depending on the context.

i am really not that bothered what goes on behind the scenes, although that is NOT to excuse some of the deplorable things the Tories have done/ are doing, im way more concerned  with " Are they genuinely concerned about representing the people, listening to the people and progressing the will of the people and leading the people. Now obviously there can be a big overlap with some things MPs can get up to and what ive just mentioned..

Its a shame about Jeremy Corbyn. Principled individual, but couldn't lead the way down a one way street.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Amazing attack lines from the Tories.

Miliband: Looks daft while eating a bacon sandwich.

Corbyn: Hangs around with terrorists and antisemites.

Starmer:

GBnkDT1XoAABGS3?format=jpg&name=medium

Well I'm outraged.

9 hours ago, MPH said:

i am really not that bothered what goes on behind the scenes, although that is NOT to excuse some of the deplorable things the Tories have done/ are doing, im way more concerned  with " Are they genuinely concerned about representing the people, listening to the people and progressing the will of the people and leading the people. Now obviously there can be a big overlap with some things MPs can get up to and what ive just mentioned..

Its a shame about Jeremy Corbyn. Principled individual, but couldn't lead the way down a one way street.

The problem with being a principled individual is that some of his principles are to say the least iffy.  

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Principled indeed, just a number of the wrong principles mixed in with the right ones.

Almost starting to grow quite fond of intergalactic level shyster Michelle Mone. Surely not far from another TV interview, this time with a mysterious stranger that looks very much like her but with a big beard and glasses confidently sticking up for her and her husband:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/how-michelle-mone-tried-to-silence-the-new-european/

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Almost starting to grow quite fond of intergalactic level shyster Michelle Mone. Surely not far from another TV interview, this time with a mysterious stranger that looks very much like her but with a big beard and glasses confidently sticking up for her and her husband:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/how-michelle-mone-tried-to-silence-the-new-european/

The red top rags referring to her as “ Baroness Bra” . Seriously ? Can’t we even be bothered to come up with better nicknames for our more reviled politicians now ? This country is done 

53 minutes ago, surrifox said:

The red top rags referring to her as “ Baroness Bra” . Seriously ? Can’t we even be bothered to come up with better nicknames for our more reviled politicians now ? This country is done 

Baroness Bust? 

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Quality bird oozing with compassion ! 

See generally 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Mone,_Baroness_Mone

With her standing to benefit by millions from the PPE fiasco this bit stood out for me 

Mone was criticised on Twitter when her first vote in the House of Lords was to vote against a motion to delay government cuts to tax credits of around £1,300 a year for three million low-income families. Mone responded to the controversy by tweeting that people should "work hard" and not "look for excuses" for their own poverty.[47] In October 2016 she said that she was wrong to support the cuts and she regretted the way she voted.[48]

Decent tits though 

16 hours ago, Daggers said:

Personally, replacing our comedian politicians with actual comedians might be a step up. 

Peter Kay would make a great prime minister

Al Murray, Foreign secretary

If Ken Dodd was still alive he'd be a shoe in for Chancellor

Alan Partridge minister for culture

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Quality bird oozing with compassion ! 

See generally 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Mone,_Baroness_Mone

With her standing to benefit by millions from the PPE fiasco this bit stood out for me 

Mone was criticised on Twitter when her first vote in the House of Lords was to vote against a motion to delay government cuts to tax credits of around £1,300 a year for three million low-income families. Mone responded to the controversy by tweeting that people should "work hard" and not "look for excuses" for their own poverty.[47] In October 2016 she said that she was wrong to support the cuts and she regretted the way she voted.[48]

Decent tits though 

I'm beginning to think we've badly misjudged her, a simple Glasgow lass who just really, really likes cash.

And making herself look like someone else for some reason

image.png.6a1688590c80d88c278714dfdd58f5df.png

11 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm beginning to think we've badly misjudged her, a simple Glasgow lass who just really, really likes cash.

And making herself look like someone else for some reason

image.png.6a1688590c80d88c278714dfdd58f5df.png

Gosh ! The plastic surgeon’s fee alone must have been …… about £60m 

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

Peter Kay would make a great prime minister

Al Murray, Foreign secretary

If Ken Dodd was still alive he'd be a shoe in for Chancellor

Alan Partridge minister for culture

He always said that he was the one who invented Self Assessment.

• Like 1