Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Some scary numbers in the polls. Admittedly some of these polls were last done in October and a lot can change in the space of a few months, but i believe this is an independant- non partisan website and they have Biden leading in only 11 out of the 36 state-wide polls they have on record.. Nationaly they do have Trump ahead atm.

https://www.270towin.com/2024-presidential-election-polls/

Dumping Biden now would leave him as a lame duck president for the rest of his term. Is it likely that instead there’ll be an attempt later on in 2024? I seem to remember a “Dump Carter” move late in his tenure (unsuccessful).

If so, who have they got? I take it Michelle Obama isn’t interested.

3 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

20231225_141830.jpg

I bet that photo isn’t Bethlehem…….

and if you dig around the reports they all quote the same Al Jazeera piece and the Al Jazeera report refers to ‘areas around Bethlehem’

but it’s a good headline for Xmas 

on a more serious note, I read that Hamas are coming under pressure from countries such as Saudi, Egypt,  Qatar and uae to think about laying down their arms to try and negotiate a full ceasefire 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I bet that photo isn’t Bethlehem…….

and if you dig around the reports they all quote the same Al Jazeera piece and the Al Jazeera report refers to ‘areas around Bethlehem’

but it’s a good headline for Xmas 

on a more serious note, I read that Hamas are coming under pressure from countries such as Saudi, Egypt,  Qatar and uae to think about laying down their arms to try and negotiate a full ceasefire 

Hamas listen to Iran and only Iran

54 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

I could go on since the Israeli govt has been open in it's plans to cleanse Gaza of Palestinians

Philippe lazarrini the Comissioner General of  UN has said it Appears  Israel want to do that due to their evacuation orders and military operation, but I haven’t seen anywhere the Israeli government have said it.

5 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

The Israeli govt has a few ‘extremist’ politicians in it - I’m afraid that can happen in a democracy where PR is used.  I use the word extremist in the context of a democracy rather than an area where actual terrorists are running the show and literally string up opponents in the street. 

there will be an election within the next 12/18 months  in Israel and those extremists will lose their cabinet positions, their voices will lose any authority/credence that their current status gives them,  and just because they say stuff, it really doesn’t mean it’s likely to happen. they are appealing to their base. nothing else. I’m not sure that the more nutty individuals are even in the war cabinet. 

netenyahu has to keep them onside because without their support he’s imminently toast.  What he says and what he does is also not necessarily the same for these reasons.  He has to worry about his liberty once he’s no longer PM. The region needs him gone almost as much as it needs Hamas gone.  but in a democracy that will happen …..sadly in Gaza there is no democracy for 15 years+ 

Just now, st albans fox said:

The Israeli govt has a few ‘extremist’ politicians in it - I’m afraid that can happen in a democracy where PR is used.  I...

Do you actually believe that our government doesn't contain any "extremist" politicians, then? :mellow:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

Proper real insane stuff in the news that isn’t related to religious twats killing innocent people: https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/24908424/couple-face-homeless-lost-legal-battle-bins-neighbour/

I've got friends who live in Devon and they're no strangers to this sort of stuff, and it ALWAYS involves people that have moved in from other parts of the country.

My theory is that people want to start a new life as they hated their old one but the real problem was themselves all along and when they realise this they just go potty 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

how can the Israeli government  be open  about wanting to rid Gaza of Palestinians when this very article states its settler wishes and the government hasn’t approved anything? Yet you seem to be quoting it as evidence?

also it’s worth noting the evacuation orders can’t be used as evidence either because they’ve been evacuated to…. Other parts of Gaza, no where else.

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've got friends who live in Devon and they're no strangers to this sort of stuff, and it ALWAYS involves people that have moved in from other parts of the country.

My theory is that people want to start a new life as they hated their old one but the real problem was themselves all along and when they realise this they just go potty 

It takes a weapons-grade level of numbnuttery to take your personal battle over bin placement to the level where you lose your house while your wife is battling g cancer. 

I imagine everyone who ever lived near him is cheering. 

Also, full props to the farmer for relocating his bins after the ruling 😂

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The Israeli govt has a few ‘extremist’ politicians in it - I’m afraid that can happen in a democracy where PR is used.  I use the word extremist in the context of a democracy rather than an area where actual terrorists are running the show and literally string up opponents in the street. 

there will be an election within the next 12/18 months  in Israel and those extremists will lose their cabinet positions, their voices will lose any authority/credence that their current status gives them,  and just because they say stuff, it really doesn’t mean it’s likely to happen. they are appealing to their base. nothing else. I’m not sure that the more nutty individuals are even in the war cabinet. 

netenyahu has to keep them onside because without their support he’s imminently toast.  What he says and what he does is also not necessarily the same for these reasons.  He has to worry about his liberty once he’s no longer PM. The region needs him gone almost as much as it needs Hamas gone.  but in a democracy that will happen …..sadly in Gaza there is no democracy for 15 years+ 

1. Israel have an actual convicted terrorist within that group in a quite a senior position. He, amongst other things has been handing out Govt issued guns to settlers to shoot the man’s up. He is one of the group which makes up the majority of the govt. .

2. Nethanyahu “keeping them happy” is half the story. Ben’s comments and actions have extreme elements to it. Strong supporter of Hamas not that long ago was our Ben.

3. I really hope you’re right that they do lose their voice but given Nethanyahu’s tenure, I’d suspect members of Likud (whose initial policy was for non-recognition of a Palestinian state perhaps said nicer than their equivalent in Hamas which some strangely find acceptable). 

I don’t think there is any justification/explanation, downplay or anything else someone would like to call it for what is the current (collective) Israeli govt. The fact that it’s democracy that has made these guys the voice piece for one of great allies is sad and disheartening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

It takes a weapons-grade level of numbnuttery to take your personal battle over bin placement to the level where you lose your house while your wife is battling g cancer. 

I imagine everyone who ever lived near him is cheering. 

Also, full props to the farmer for relocating his bins after the ruling 😂

"Geoff, I know it's annoying but this is really getting out of hand now"

"Corinne, I'm not backing down. I'm not giving him the satisfaction. I didn't fight in two world wars - or even any less significant regional conflicts, granted - but I will not be dictated to by someone who has farmed this land for generations."

"But Mr Hollis from the solicitors says it's hopeless, Geoff, we need to settle or we might end up losing everything" .

"It's a simple matter of common sense, Corinne, anybody can see this for what it is. He's simply not being reasonable!".

"Geoff, you know Dr Perry is really worried about your he-'

"NO CORINNE! NO, NO, NO, NO!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1