Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I think I mentioned this could happen…

Israel Gaza: Angst grows among young voters over Biden's policy https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67808808

The election is a long way off - the war will be months over by then 

if Biden makes it to the ballot then they’ll mostly be back to stop the republicans 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The election is a long way off - the war will be months over by then 

if Biden makes it to the ballot then they’ll mostly be back to stop the republicans 

Netanyahu has explained that this war will be going on " for a very long time". He has also said " for months".

There's some talk of once they have completed their ( repulsive) mission* in the Gaza Strip, they will then focus fully on Hezbollah and then maybe even the Houthis.

A Cynic would say that for the sake of his own political career, its in Netanyahu's Best interest to keep this war going for as long as possible.

* Got no problem with him targeting Hamas or Hezbollah, but i HATE the way civilians have been affected.

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

Netanyahu has explained that this war will be going on " for a very long time". He has also said " for months".

There's some talk of once they have completed their ( repulsive) mission* in the Gaza Strip, they will then focus fully on Hezbollah and then maybe even the Houthis.

A Cynic would say that for the sake of his own political career, its in Netanyahu's Best interest to keep this war going for as long as possible.

* Got no problem with him targeting Hamas or Hezbollah, but i HATE the way civilians have been affected.

The public will grow weary 

the Americans will not maintain the support that they have

the war cabinet will fracture and there will be some kind of confidence vote that he will lose

steel magnolias will win the 6:30 at kempton park tomorrow 😄

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The public will grow weary 

the Americans will not maintain the support that they have

the war cabinet will fracture and there will be some kind of confidence vote that he will lose

steel magnolias will win the 6:30 at kempton park tomorrow 😄

I was starting to respect you....

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Because "atrocious conditions" like this happen for about half of winter and if we didn't leave the house because a gale is blowing, we wouldn't be able to go to work?

It was more than "a gale blowing". I was thinking more of the snow and blizzard conditions.

Would you really get into your car and attempt to make a journey in those circumstances?

11 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

It was more than "a gale blowing". I was thinking more of the snow and blizzard conditions.

Would you really get into your car and attempt to make a journey in those circumstances?

If you need to travel to work to pay your bills then yes. 

If just going out for a jolly to the Next sales probably not. 

1 minute ago, Otis said:

If you need to travel to work to pay your bills then yes. 

If just going out for a jolly to the Next sales probably not. 

Being stuck for up to 6 hours in your vehicle is madness. Not only putting yourself at unnecessary risk but those of the emergency services as well.

And what work would you be able to do after losing that amount of time? By the time you got there it would be time to make the return journey home!!

Common sense and reasoning seems to have gone out of the window.

Just now, David Hankey said:

Being stuck for up to 6 hours in your vehicle is madness. Not only putting yourself at unnecessary risk but those of the emergency services as well.

And what work would you be able to do after losing that amount of time? By the time you got there it would be time to make the return journey home!!

True but when they set off they obviously didn't know they were going to be stranded for 6 hrs.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I remember a few years ago after an heavy fall of snow, Radio Leicester were interviewing people sledging in Bradgate Park.

One guy who had traveled from Syston, said he took the day off work because of the dangerous road conditions.

The reporter couldn't resist asking him how he got to the park.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

No snow in Burnley.  Have you had a lot in Leicester?  Or were you referring to a story from a different part of the world that I missed?

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

No snow in Burnley.  Have you had a lot in Leicester?  Or were you referring to a story from a different part of the world that I missed?

You might be surprised to learn the world doesn't revolve around Burnley.

Try further north and Scotland and the damage storm 'Gerrit' wreaked, gorrit?

13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

You might be surprised to learn the world doesn't revolve around Burnley.

Try further north and Scotland and the damage storm 'Gerrit' wreaked, gorrit?

OK, got you.  I didn't get the hidden subtext that you weren't talking about local weather.