Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Do they mean ticket touts or people generally and how are they going to stop it ?

I think this is mainly aimed at players, managers, the people in charge of VAR and catering staff. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-67841156

New Year's honours. Well done to the young lad, but there's a guy called Dickon Love (no, seriously!) who is getting an MBE for services to bell ringing (no, seriously!)

He'd have to have a day off from work to go and collect his award. Which would make him a bell end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-67841645

Great news. Mind you, there will folk who moan about it.

They've had 20mph in Lancashire since 2013, and it isn't controversial at all.  The point is that main trunk roads, even through towns, are still 30 mph.  Side streets and residential streets that aren't (or shouldn't be) used as through routes, are 20 mph.  It's a crucial difference from the Wales and Scotland mess-ups.

• Like 2

My road has been 20 mph for ages and you still get folk driving like maniacs down it because for some reason they didn't put speed bumps on it when they did on most of the surrounding roads.

In other news, Boris Johnson really looks like crap doesn't he? And to even be saying that about him after all this time is quite remarkable 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2023 at 09:51, Bellend Sebastian said:

My road has been 20 mph for ages and you still get folk driving like maniacs down it because for some reason they didn't put speed bumps on it when they did on most of the surrounding roads.

In other news, Boris Johnson really looks like crap doesn't he? And to even be saying that about him after all this time is quite remarkable 

Same here. So long as they don't put speed cameras up I'm fine with it. I do find myself occasionally doing 25-30, but I rein it in when I do and I try to stick to the limits. I think these limits are put in with the thought that if it's 20, people might actually do 30, instead of maybe 40.

Having said that, people definitely drive past at 40+ occasionally.

On 30/12/2023 at 19:46, Free Falling Foxes said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-67841645

Great news. Mind you, there will folk who moan about it.

I will. They have these everywhere in London and it means that on a 1200cc motorcycle I am frequently overtaken and undertaken by these ridiculous e-scooters which should not legally be on public roads and which are almost completely ignored by law enforcement. 

Other than that, I'm all for 20mph limits in urban areas where warranted. 

6 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Same here. So long as they don't put speed cameras up I'm fine with it. I do find myself occasionally doing 25-30, but I rein it in when I do and I try to stick to the limits. I think these limits are put in with the thought that if it's 20, people might actually do 30, instead of maybe 40.

Having said that, people definitely drive past at 40+ occasionally.

If you're doing 30 on most of the proposed 20 mph roads, then you're driving dangerously.  30 mph on a residential street with cars parked both sides is too fast - regardless of the legal limit.  30 mph on a wider street with regular through traffic is OK, but hopefully that isn't what's going to be restricted.

Restricting the limit to 20 won't stop the maniacs who drive at 40, because maniacs like that think that there is no speed limit where there is no speed camera.  They don't think it possible to injure or kill anyone so they don't feel the need to obey the law if they won't get caught.

Edited by dsr-burnley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/12/2023 at 20:58, Daggers said:

It takes a weapons-grade level of numbnuttery to take your personal battle over bin placement to the level where you lose your house while your wife is battling g cancer. 

I imagine everyone who ever lived near him is cheering. 

Also, full props to the farmer for relocating his bins after the ruling 😂

Actually mental.  I mean I can imagine wanting them to be moved, but how daft do you have to be to get to this point?  If they had started by explaining why it was causing them difficulty in their old age negotiating the exit from their drive and offering to pay to make space at another farm entrance for the bins, no doubt the farmer would have done it at the start and without cost.  Just like these people who buy a house by a school and spend their days complaining about not being able to get out of their drive even though they are not going out anyway and being retired have nowhere to ****ing be anyway.

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Fair play for finally getting stuff done.

Shame it's complete bollocks though. 

I love since posted the context tab has since appeared lol

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1

I thought the plane's engine had popped on the runway or something but it seems there was a collision as they were landing. Absolute miracle nobody on board the jumbo died.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

I thought the plane's engine had popped on the runway or something but it seems there was a collision as they were landing. Absolute miracle nobody on board the jumbo died.

Sadly, the 5 people onboard the Coastguard plane involved in the collision died. It is, though, remarkable there were no fatalities on the jet.

• Like 1