Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

12 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Sadly, the 5 people onboard the Coastguard plane involved in the collision died. It is, though, remarkable there were no fatalities on the jet.

Very sad, particularly as they were rescue workers heading out to help in the Earthquake zone I believe.  Still as you say, reassuring that the people got off the big jet.

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Israeli officials now saying that the war with Hamas will last AT LEAST until the end of the year….

I am sure they would prefer it to be over much quicker with their goals met.  More of a concern is escalation now they seemingly took out Hamas number 2 in Lebanon, and the US / UK etc. are getting more hawkish regarding the Houthi rebels.  Iran doesn't seem to be getting the message to stay out of it very well either with its ships all over the place.  This could still blow up unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Anyone here affected by the floods in Loughborough and surrounding villages?  Looks particularly bad in the area I once lived (Bottleacre Lane/Belton Road/Meadow Avenue)

Seen loads of videos from my mates (lots live around Sorrel, Sileby, Quorn, Barrow etc).

The White Horse in Quorn was underwater last night

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, bmt said:

Seen loads of videos from my mates (lots live around Sorrel, Sileby, Quorn, Barrow etc).

The White Horse in Quorn was underwater last night

I imagine (unless very watertight) the beer cellar is the first thing that gets wrecked.  

Must be horrible for anyone getting flooded out of their home. Takes weeks to get a place back to normal.

2 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Anyone here affected by the floods in Loughborough and surrounding villages?  Looks particularly bad in the area I once lived (Bottleacre Lane/Belton Road/Meadow Avenue)

Mate of mine in Loughborough had his house flooded and moved into travelodge last night only to be booted out today. Nowhere to go (obvs family elsewhere). Local MP’s office phone off and nowhere to be seen. Council useless. 

Edited by Lionator

On 03/01/2024 at 17:23, SkidsFox said:

Yup live in Barrow upon soar and its been pretty bad. A few canal boats have capsized.

Quorn/Loughborough seem to have had it worse and some horses have drown too.

Never seen it this bad before.

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Yup live in Barrow upon soar and its been pretty bad. A few canal boats have capsized.

Quorn/Loughborough seem to have had it worse and some horses have drown too.

Never seen it this bad before.

Something appears to have gone very wrong when the canal overflows. A lot of houses have now been affected by flooding, as well as caravan dwellers. The clean-up will take some time. Also very bad news for any property owners who had plans to move house. Their sale value must be hit hard. 

Hope you're able to move about and access shops/services etc. 

• Like 1

Just a little side thought....

With all this going  still, again, about Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.. Doesnt it make it suspicious that her Dad Robert Maxwell Died out at sea having ' fallen off of his boat'?