Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

56 minutes ago, MPH said:

That's one of my answers to some people btw when they talk about British Culture being destroyed by People emigrating to GB... i say do you mean the British culture before the Saxon invasion the Jutes invasion, the Angles invasion or before the Norman invasion? or the Roman or Viking settlers? 

The key aspect is integration and mutual respect. You talk about the Angles and Saxons etc but some people rightly or wrongly fear alienation within their own community when changes occur over a short number of years. 

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

The key aspect is integration and mutual respect. You talk about the Angles and Saxons etc but some people rightly or wrongly fear alienation within their own community when changes occur over a short number of years. 

Britons were VERY alienated by the Angles and Saxons lol

12 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

i'd go a little further and say the main issue is that people don't like change. Period. they also feel insecure around new situations. people and even when hearing a language they don't understand which is the point i think you were making. there is also a bit of ignorance involved of course. " you're different to me and i don't like it.." which is a bit strange as this isn't a hostile integration unlike the tribal conquers of years previous so maybe those fears are unfounded? even with the hostile integration its all works out to contribute to what makes British society what it is today so we shouldn't expect anything different from non-hostile integration.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

i'd go a little further and say the main issue is that people don't like change. Period. they also feel insecure around new situations. people and even when hearing a language they don't understand which is the point i think you were making. this is also a bit of ignorance involved of course. " you're different to me and i don't like it.."

You have to take people with you not impose what to some is drastic change. Very easy for politicians that can live wherever they feel like with the best housing and infrastructure to lose touch.

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

You have to take people with you not impose what to some is drastic change. Very easy for politicians that can live wherever they feel like with the best housing and infrastructure to lose touch.

There's been no drastic change.. we have had settlers from Asia in large numbers since the 60s. It's been a very gradual process...

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

There's been no drastic change.. we have had settlers from Asia in large numbers since the 60s. It's been a very gradual process...

The Mongol Hordes l!

Oops, sorry, I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima atm.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Perhaps it seems more drastic because infrastructure is not keeping pace. On a personal note I should add I don't care where people come from if they live a respectful lawful life and contribute 

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Perhaps it seems more drastic because infrastructure is not keeping pace. On a personal note I should add I don't care where people come from if they live a respectful lawful life and contribute 

So would it be  fair to say that the issue is the government's handling of the situation rather than the people themselves?

And for what it's worth,  100% agree with you about leading a lawful and respectful life whilst contributing.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

So would it be  fair to say that the issue is the government's handling of the situation rather than the people themselves?

And for what it's worth,  100% agree with you about leading a lawful and respectful life whilst contributing.

Yes. The government in such a mess and the subsequent reporting probably increases peoples anxiety beyond where it might have been

I was quite happy with the previous arrangement in regards to UK immigration where I could go and work in Europe visa free while the government controlled the number of immigrants from RoW (population 7 billion) but they decided to completely reverse this situation which has obviously left me feeling a little peeved. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MPH said:

If you're talking about the UK I would disagree. It's increased massively in the last few years compared to the 60s. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bovril said:

If you're talking about the UK I would disagree. It's increased massively in the last few years compared to the 60s. 

No one is saying it hasn’t increased but we are not getting used to anything new. It’s not like nobody came over and then suddenly BOOM 5 million sit on our doorstep. THAT would  be drastic. 

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

No one is saying it hasn’t increased but we are not getting used to anything new. It’s not like nobody came over and then suddenly BOOM 5 million sit on our doorstep. THAT would  be drastic. 

It's been pretty boom tbf

image.thumb.png.10b0afb515a4e4ec42713c76e2f92197.png

Just now, bovril said:

but it’s all things we have experienced for many years.  The different cultures , languages, ect.. you have to have been living under  a stone to not have been ‘affected’ by these before..

33 minutes ago, bovril said:

I had no idea it was that extreme, shows how much of a joke these Tories are with their "tough on immigration" bollux.

Edited by ajthefox

Table below shows census info  - 1991 when first ethnic info recorded.

Population 1961 (England/Wales) was 46m

Population 2021 - 59.6 m (74%White British 7% white others). Asian ethnicity up nearly 2% of total at 7.5%)

image.png.902f2df2b582a3a9642ca4f00ad84080.png

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

All Brexit has done is replace European immigrants with immigrants from the rest of the world whilst making it more difficult for your average person to travel, work and trade in Europe. Not sure that this is what the people who voted for brexit thought they'd be getting.

We can also ignore the European Court of Human Rights too. We don't believe in human rights, Johnny Foreigner! Which puts us on a level playing field with Russia. Ypa!

At least we can sell wine by the pint now, huzzah!

Conservative jingoism and xenophobia will always be trumped by their desire for cheap labour.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Conservative jingoism and xenophobia will always be trumped by their desire for cheap labour.

Basically, in the current setup you have two options.

1) Pay public sector/manual workers a good wage so that people will do those jobs, then you cut immigration.

2) Pay public sector/manual workers a terrible wage, nobody does those jobs, so plug the gaps with immigrants.

The tories refuse to do 1, and pretend that they're not doing 2, all while complaining about how high immigration is. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

All Brexit has done is replace European immigrants with immigrants from the rest of the world whilst making it more difficult for your average person to travel, work and trade in Europe. Not sure that this is what the people who voted for brexit thought they'd be getting.

iirc a lot of people wanted to cut down on immigration from Europe and make it easier for people from e.g. India to come. It was a big part of the campaign. I always thought that was a bit weird considering the potential numbers involved, but it was definitely a thing. 

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

We can also ignore the European Court of Human Rights too. We don't believe in human rights, Johnny Foreigner! Which puts us on a level playing field with Russia. Ypa!

At least we can sell wine by the pint now, huzzah!

A reason why it doesn't mean a single thing showing a chart  saying non EU migrant levels have gone way up... Eu migrants are way down!