Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

53 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't understand why more wasn't done when contact couldn't be made on 2nd Jan? Why did it take another week before they were found? 

What a sad society we live in these days 

Why weren't the rest of the family and the Mother in contact or attempting contact? Or concerned, they last saw him before Christmas and knew the Father had an existing heart problem.

"A social worker visited their home on 2 January, after contacting the father on 27 December. But she received no reply and, after making inquiries at other addresses where the child might be".

Surely that's other family and the Mother. If a social worker said they couldn't contact the Father, and you were another member of the family or Mother, wouldn't you be calling or visiting?

I don’t understand why some think there would be less war with Trump as President. The man is a known coward. He’d just have America run away and leave the rest of the world to it.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Why weren't the rest of the family and the Mother in contact or attempting contact? Or concerned, they last saw him before Christmas and knew the Father had an existing heart problem.

"A social worker visited their home on 2 January, after contacting the father on 27 December. But she received no reply and, after making inquiries at other addresses where the child might be".

Surely that's other family and the Mother. If a social worker said they couldn't contact the Father, and you were another member of the family or Mother, wouldn't you be calling or visiting?

Maybe the mother isn't around any longer,  maybe there isn't any extended family, who knows. There are lots of reasons nobody else raised the alarm sooner, most of them alien to your average family. 

The family were already known to social services which implies they needed additional help, and were known to be vulnerable.

Such a tragedy, and an awful sign of the times we live in unfortunately 

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Maybe the mother isn't around any longer,  maybe there isn't any extended family, who knows. There are lots of reasons nobody else raised the alarm sooner, most of them alien to your average family. 

The family were already known to social services which implies they needed additional help, and were known to be vulnerable.

Such a tragedy, and an awful sign of the times we live in unfortunately 

The article said the Mother saw him just before Christmas and an older Sister was also quoted. The boy’s sister Melanie Battersby paid tribute to him on Facebook: “Beautiful little boy deserved so much better than this life. We love you Bronson, forever a part of us, and forever my baby brother.”

The family dynamic was clearly a bit dysfunctional and they obviously needed support. It just came across as though they were apportioning all the blame on the social worker, when there were a lot of other people who should or could have acted. Sad and tragic, irrespective.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/jan/17/bronson-battersby-two-year-old-boy-died-of-starvation-curled-up-next-to-dead-father

One of the saddest things I've read about in a long time.  Many horrors in the world currently, but having a child of similar age makes it more relatable and impactful.  Awful.

Wish I never clicked the link. Harrowing. Can't even imagine what the boy was going through. 

Plenty of questions and opinions about what should've been done. Couldn't live with myself if I was involved. Imagine being a neighbour too. 

23 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Wish I never clicked the link. Harrowing. Can't even imagine what the boy was going through. 

Plenty of questions and opinions about what should've been done. Couldn't live with myself if I was involved. Imagine being a neighbour too. 

I agree. Guided my wife away from watching the news tonight. No doubt there will be evidence of severe pressure on Social Services. I would imagine there will be people saying if only I had checked earlier or called the Police to gain entry

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't understand why more wasn't done when contact couldn't be made on 2nd Jan? Why did it take another week before they were found? 

What a sad society we live in these days 

I'm also surprised. I would have thought that a report to the police by a social worker raising concerns for safety, would have been a priority response. 

Why a review is needed before being too judgemental on the case workers.  If the social workers remit was "just check in on them to see if they need help" and there was no response, you could see that potentially the worker thought they were just out.  If the mandate was "make sure they're ok" and it was a prearranged appointment then clearly the process has failed with the most appalling consequences.

5 hours ago, Dunge said:

I don’t understand why some think there would be less war with Trump as President. The man is a known coward. He’d just have America run away and leave the rest of the world to it.

Or possibly the complete opposite, nobody ****ing knows, and that scares the shit out of the opposition.  Especially vs Obama who could be guaranteed to do completely the wrong thing at every opportunity. 

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Why a review is needed before being too judgemental on the case workers.  If the social workers remit was "just check in on them to see if they need help" and there was no response, you could see that potentially the worker thought they were just out.  If the mandate was "make sure they're ok" and it was a prearranged appointment then clearly the process has failed with the most appalling consequences.

Its tragic that a kid can be reliant for their survival on whether one overworked person in a hurry to make their next appointment thinks "something is up here, I am going to call the police" and hangs around for an hour or more.

Where the hell are the family, friends, Neighbours?  

Guest David Oldfields Gate
12 hours ago, Dunge said:

There WAS less war. So that's a good basis to go on 

His foreign policy was astonishing for a complete outsider.

Guess it helps when you don't march to the beat of the MIC.

Seems like every day the situation in and around the middle east is escalating. It's been bubbling for a while and it wouldn't have taken much to start a chain reaction. But this is where someone needs to be the adult in the room. 

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Seems like every day the situation in and around the middle east is escalating. It's been bubbling for a while and it wouldn't have taken much to start a chain reaction. But this is where someone needs to be the adult in the room. 

Who do we back if Iran and Pakistan start a war?  My head hurts!

Seriously though, Iran seems to think it can act with impunity, so perhaps they should be the adult and stop it.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Who do we back if Iran and Pakistan start a war?  My head hurts!

Seriously though, Iran seems to think it can act with impunity, so perhaps they should be the adult and stop it.

It does seem they have fingers in pies across the area. But I think it's bigger than Iran. Who would be there main sponsor? Yup, I would take a guess at a country starting with R.

What a world at the moment 

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

It does seem they have fingers in pies across the area. But I think it's bigger than Iran. Who would be there main sponsor? Yup, I would take a guess at a country starting with R.

You leave Romania out of this!

Yeah it is pretty crazy. 

15 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Rwanda? And we know where they are getting there money from :protest::protest::protest::ph34r:

Guest David Oldfields Gate
4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

USA have probably given as much cash to Iran as Russia in the last three years to be fair.

Fujitsu have now decided not to bid for any more Government contracts whilst the Post Office Inquiry is ongoing.

Now, why is that when they said up until recently there was nothing wrong with the Horizon IT system?

Twinged of conscience maybe or the fact they are now realising the devastation they have caused.

Great shame the decision wasn't made by the Government years ago.

• Like 1