Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

9 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Fujitsu have now decided not to bid for any more Government contracts whilst the Post Office Inquiry is ongoing.

Now, why is that when they said up until recently there was nothing wrong with the Horizon IT system?

Twinged of conscience maybe or the fact they are now realising the devastation they have caused.

Great shame the decision wasn't made by the Government years ago.

Watching their employees performance before the inquiry over the last couple of days no one would touch them anyway. This Manager at the moment Fvcking hell

Pakistan have now launched missiles into Iran Killing several people. They claim it was against terrorist targets but this of course comes two days after The unprecedented event of Iran striking targets within Pakistan.

It's not a development i expected to see and certainly not one the region needs at the moment..

5 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I watched this in real time.  The level of incompetence at the top (or previous top) as she is/was is staggering.  Mind you, this comes off the back of PMQs where Sunak didn't even answer a single question and kept bleating on about going back to square one with the opposition.  Yes please, I'd take that as an improvement right now tbh.  It's gone beyond making fun of their mistakes, it's actually embarrassing  and makes me angry.  What must the world think of our current govt?

• Like 2

On 17/01/2024 at 18:09, Wymsey said:

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

More train strikes over pay are announced for February.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68017576

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

@Wymsey has become the dementor of FT lol

• Haha 1

On 18/01/2024 at 00:07, Jon the Hat said:

Or possibly the complete opposite, nobody ****ing knows, and that scares the shit out of the opposition.  Especially vs Obama who could be guaranteed to do completely the wrong thing at every opportunity. 

@ozleicester I thought we’d agreed that you’d be posting through this account now - but no one is going to swallow this shit. I mean, no one is going to believe that you or Jon wrote this bollocks. Only one of the raging loonies on my block list would attempt to harangue Obama.  It’s just not believable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is “Person finds frozen egg during a cold snap” actually news?

I mean, I think most people recognise that the BBC has completely given up on proper news coverage under its Tory masters, but WTAF. 

IMG_4691.png

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Interesting to hear at the Post Office Inquiry this morning that 'BED's, bugs, errors and defects were known about by Fujitsu in 2000!!

I doubt very much that any computer software has ever been implemented that didn't have any. However, as software testing was once my job, the process was that we reported all said faults and bugs. Each one was then given a priority for fixing, dependent on the impact. Anything severe would mean the software not being released. I was also in financial services and anything which impacted financial data would definitely not have been released.

Fujitsu and the PO accepted the release of software which had very serious financial deficiencies.

"In one surprising instance, inquiry counsel Jason Beer KC points to issues that arose when a sub-postmaster would attempt to correct a transaction.

Rather than minus the amount no longer needed, a bug in Horizon would "double up" the sum the sub-postmaster was trying to reverse out - referred to as "remming out".

According to Beer, this was down to a Fujitsu employee coding this element entering the wrong mathematical symbol - a plus rather than a minus.

In one incident, a sub-postmaster reported the amount they attempted to remove doubling to more than £27,800".

Every time I don't think I can be more shocked by this debacle, I read something like the above. And it went on for 20 years!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I, too, appreciate that computer systems have problems but to attempt to hide these issue for over 20 years is absolutely deplorable.

And on top of this the former disgraced Post Office CEO, Vennells continued to state there were no problems and the Horizon IT system was "robust". What a bloody liar!!

13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I, too, appreciate that computer systems have problems but to attempt to hide these issue for over 20 years is absolutely deplorable.

And on top of this the former disgraced Post Office CEO, Vennells continued to state there were no problems and the Horizon IT system was "robust". What a bloody liar!!

It's the sheer scale of the cover-up, lying and continuing with prosecutions when they knew there were software issues that I just can't get my head around. Knowing how things of that nature worked in a bank, software issues and how shortfalls etc were investigated, I just can't make it make sense.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Is “Person finds frozen egg during a cold snap” actually news?

I mean, I think most people recognize that the BBC has completely given up on proper news coverage under its Tory masters, but WTAF. 

IMG_4691.png

Well yes when yesterdays lead headline was Husband visits wife in hospital.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

It's the sheer scale of the cover-up, lying and continuing with prosecutions when they knew there were software issues that I just can't get my head around. Knowing how things of that nature worked in a bank, software issues and how shortfalls etc were investigated, I just can't make it make sense.

Well, the fact of the matter is they treated every sub-postmaster/mistress as a thief.

They were not willing to accept any bugs/defects in their precious system and these miscreants had to be taught a lesson whether they were innocent or not.

It really is a modern day 'David & Goliath' story.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well, the fact of the matter is they treated every sub-postmaster/mistress as a thief.

They were not willing to accept any bugs/defects in their precious system and these miscreants had to be taught a lesson whether they were innocent or not.

It really is a modern day 'David & Goliath' story.

Tip of the Iceberg and stuff soon coming out about the NT program and thats linkd to the scandal and Tim Parker being head of HMCTS at the time of the trial. I supose it is how much Joe Public is upto date with this. As someone who spoke out about this i probably know more than 99% of the publicyrt everyday it seems more comes out that shocks and disgusts me

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I doubt very much that any computer software has ever been implemented that didn't have any. However, as software testing was once my job, the process was that we reported all said faults and bugs. Each one was then given a priority for fixing, dependent on the impact. Anything severe would mean the software not being released. I was also in financial services and anything which impacted financial data would definitely not have been released.

Fujitsu and the PO accepted the release of software which had very serious financial deficiencies.

"In one surprising instance, inquiry counsel Jason Beer KC points to issues that arose when a sub-postmaster would attempt to correct a transaction.

Rather than minus the amount no longer needed, a bug in Horizon would "double up" the sum the sub-postmaster was trying to reverse out - referred to as "remming out".

According to Beer, this was down to a Fujitsu employee coding this element entering the wrong mathematical symbol - a plus rather than a minus.

In one incident, a sub-postmaster reported the amount they attempted to remove doubling to more than £27,800".

Every time I don't think I can be more shocked by this debacle, I read something like the above. And it went on for 20 years!

This is something I don't understand.

Surely there would be an electronic "fingerprint" showing the timing that keystrokes/clicks were made in an attempt to reverse the anomaly. Which would then reveal the doubling of the loss figure?

20 minutes ago, Parafox said:

This is something I don't understand.

Surely there would be an electronic "fingerprint" showing the timing that keystrokes/clicks were made in an attempt to reverse the anomaly. Which would then reveal the doubling of the loss figure?

Highly likely. But, no one is going to look for that if you're covering up for your 'robust' software. PO/Fujitsu just denied there were issues, they didn't investigate anything like that.

• Thanks 1