Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

This is something I don't understand.

Surely there would be an electronic "fingerprint" showing the timing that keystrokes/clicks were made in an attempt to reverse the anomaly. Which would then reveal the doubling of the loss figure?

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Highly likely. But, no one is going to look for that if you're covering up for your 'robust' software. PO/Fujitsu just denied there were issues, they didn't investigate anything like that.

The computers were remotely accessed but were accessed using the Postmasters own unique log in details so it looked like they were doing the alterations

2 hours ago, katieakita said:

The computers were remotely accessed but were accessed using the Postmasters own unique log in details so it looked like they were doing the alterations

I think Para was referring to the transactions that the Post master's were actually doing themselves when reconciling their accounts, trying to post adjustment transactions and the deficit kept doubling. Which, it was explained at the inquest today, was due to an error in the software code. 

At the time the postmasters were reporting it to the helpline, who didn't help and no one investigated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/01/2024 at 08:15, Daggers said:

@ozleicester I thought we’d agreed that you’d be posting through this account now - but no one is going to swallow this shit. I mean, no one is going to believe that you or Jon wrote this bollocks. Only one of the raging loonies on my block list would attempt to harangue Obama.  It’s just not believable. 

Haha.  I liked Obama a lot, but he made a number of mistakes on the international stage particularly in Syria which we are still dealing with the repercussions of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Haha.  I liked Obama a lot, but he made a number of mistakes on the international stage particularly in Syria which we are still dealing with the repercussions of.

In other JtH news 

Bob Geldof did a great job feeding starving Africans but should have done more to support higher rate taxpayers 

Nelson Mandela was for the most part ok but should have kept his cell on Robben Island tidier than he did 

Captain Tom was in on the whole swimming pool plot but if you’ve earnt the money having a leisure complex in your garden is a right not a luxury 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I think Para was referring to the transactions that the Post master's were actually doing themselves when reconciling their accounts, trying to post adjustment transactions and the deficit kept doubling. Which, it was explained at the inquest today, was due to an error in the software code. 

At the time the postmasters were reporting it to the helpline, who didn't help and no one investigated. 

Yes that was a bit of an eye opener, hopefully with the media attention it will continue the momentum. Will certainly get interesting when 2nd sight get to appear before the inquiry and can speak gagging order free to talk about their findings suspense acc ect. The Post Office and BEIS have about 190 million reasons for this to be delayed. The over sight by Government needs to be looked at as well the Government do not even know how many Post Offices are open at the moment such is the lack of governence

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

It's interesting what his own family and people who knew him before office say about him.

Very interesting.

6 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

It's interesting what his own family and people who knew him before office say about him.

Very interesting.

I've heard a whole load of things said about Obama the person, and his past. Both good and bad. Ultimately the only thing of any real importance is what you make of his period in office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68025677.amp

DPD error caused chatbot to swear at customer

DPD has disabled part of its online support chatbot after it swore at a customer.

The parcel delivery firm uses artificial intelligence (AI) in its online chat to answer queries, in addition to human operators.

But a new update caused it to behave unexpectedly, including swearing and criticising the company.

DPD said it had disabled the part of the chatbot that was responsible, and it was updating its system as a result.

"We have operated an AI element within the chat successfully for a number of years," the firm said in a statement.

"An error occurred after a system update yesterday. The AI element was immediately disabled and is currently being updated."

Before the change could be made, however, word of the mix-up spread across social media after being spotted by a customer.

One particular post was viewed 800,000 times in 24 hours, as people gleefully shared the latest botched attempt by a company to incorporate AI into its business.

"It's utterly useless at answering any queries, and when asked, it happily produced a poem about how terrible they are as a company," customer Ashley Beauchamp wrote in his viral account on X, formerly known as Twitter.

He added: "It also swore at me."

You know AI has truly become sentient when it realises its employer is useless. 

:crylaugh:

53 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/21/ron-desantis-drops-out-presidential-race

They going to bother contesting the rest of the Primaries? Formality now (it already was) for Trump. 

personally hope that if enough of the center right vote for Haley it will at least make them realize they need their vote to win and will reign in Trump a bit..… but I suppose hoping trump will consider anyone but himself is a tall order

1 hour ago, MPH said:

personally hope that if enough of the center right vote for Haley it will at least make them realize they need their vote to win and will reign in Trump a bit..… but I suppose hoping trump will consider anyone but himself is a tall order

Even if it reined Trump in before the election it wouldn’t afterwards.

• Sad 1

Racist Trump is going to be the next president, cant see biden winning this time. 

Biden has low numbers amongst some dems and i suspect they might just not show up at the vote to hand it to trump. I have less faith in republicans going against their nominee and not voting (or voting for biden).

Both shouldn't be candidates IMO.

oh and typical racist trump and people lick it up (his ring that is). How the fuk does that tw@t faced desantis rim trump and vivek accept a white dude with clearly racist and xenophobic tendencies. Basically attacking a fellow brown person along racial lines. Same ish he did with "pocahontas" comments etc. America is doomed. They can fuk right off if they vote that dick in.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/01/20/trump-mocks-nikki-haleys-first-name-why/72297706007/

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 20:19, ajthefox said:

I wonder if we get that £1B back? 🤔

Why would we?  The replacement of blast furnaces with electric arc furnaces (which is the reason for the job losses) is exactly the plan and is required to continue long term steelmaking in the UK, which is a strategically important capability.  "Unions fighting for every job" is therefore exactly counter the environmental goal no? 

27 minutes ago, Collymore said:

If Trump gets in again I can honestly see it being the event that causes the start of WW3. Russia will try and take over Eastern Europe after USA pulls out of NATO. 

Even without the US Russia is completely incapable of taking over Eastern Europe.  They way Poland are upping their game they could probably beat them on their own.  Whether the shift of power in Eastern Europe is a good thing is another question.  NATO countries have had time to invest and most of them failed to do so.  Trump only said out loud what the US have thought for a long time about Europe taking them for granted.

8 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Racist Trump is going to be the next president, cant see biden winning this time. 

Biden has low numbers amongst some dems and i suspect they might just not show up at the vote to hand it to trump. I have less faith in republicans going against their nominee and not voting (or voting for biden).

Both shouldn't be candidates IMO.

oh and typical racist trump and people lick it up (his ring that is). How the fuk does that tw@t faced desantis rim trump and vivek accept a white dude with clearly racist and xenophobic tendencies. Basically attacking a fellow brown person along racial lines. Same ish he did with "pocahontas" comments etc. America is doomed. They can fuk right off if they vote that dick in.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/01/20/trump-mocks-nikki-haleys-first-name-why/72297706007/

Dude. You suffer from TDS. Seek help.

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

If Trump gets in again I can honestly see it being the event that causes the start of WW3. Russia will try and take over Eastern Europe after USA pulls out of NATO. 

Ww3 is already happening. It started about three years ago. 

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Even without the US Russia is completely incapable of taking over Eastern Europe.  They way Poland are upping their game they could probably beat them on their own.  Whether the shift of power in Eastern Europe is a good thing is another question.  NATO countries have had time to invest and most of them failed to do so.  Trump only said out loud what the US have thought for a long time about Europe taking them for granted.

This is accurate.