Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

If Trump gets in again I can honestly see it being the event that causes the start of WW3. Russia will try and take over Eastern Europe after USA pulls out of NATO. 

Russia first invaded Ukraine when Obama was President, and launched the full invasion when Biden was President.  Hamas attacked Israel when Biden was President, most of Iran's proxy attacks have been when Biden was President.  Biden is not a recipe for peace, unfortunately.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Why would we?  The replacement of blast furnaces with electric arc furnaces (which is the reason for the job losses) is exactly the plan and is required to continue long term steelmaking in the UK, which is a strategically important capability.  "Unions fighting for every job" is therefore exactly counter the environmental goal no? 

The problem is that you can't make high quality steel with an electric furnace.  We will still use high quality steel, but will have to import it.  The point of this move is that the emissions from producing the steel won't count against the UK's CO2 emissions, they will count against another country's emissions (presumably China).  No help at all with global warming or global emissions, but a useful way (at a cost of thousands of jobs) of appearing to get the UK figures down.

56 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Russia first invaded Ukraine when Obama was President, and launched the full invasion when Biden was President.  Hamas attacked Israel when Biden was President, most of Iran's proxy attacks have been when Biden was President.  Biden is not a recipe for peace, unfortunately.

The inconvenient truth.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

332 million people and you end up with Biden vs Trump twice 

This is what I  can't get me head around. If the Dems really want to win then why put an 81 year old with early dementia as your candidate. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Otis said:

This is what I  can't get me head around. If the Dems really want to win then why put an 81 year old with early dementia as your candidate. 

Same could be said for Republicans picking a candidate who's lost the popular vote twice.

The benefit of Trump’s rampant narcissism is that he’ll be want to be known as the person who fixed global conflicts (provided they don’t involve Muslims, then he’ll let them rot). I could imagine a peace summit soon with Putin.

46 minutes ago, Otis said:

It's mindboggling, isn't it? My Democrat-supporting friends in the US are in despair about it - they think they're about to hand Trump the keys to the White House again.

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's mindboggling, isn't it? My Democrat-supporting friends in the US are in despair about it - they think they're about to hand Trump the keys to the White House again.

Incredible that the Democrats don't have a serious candidate who is least 15 years younger than Biden yet with experience and gravitas to carry the vote

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Same could be said for Republicans picking a candidate who's lost the popular vote twice.

I know, it's crazy that it's a choice between these 2 plonkers.

28 minutes ago, Otis said:

I know, it's crazy that it's a choice between these 2 plonkers.

Yeah can't say I envy the choice. 

Thought we'd peaked between Corbyn and Boris but this is even worse. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate

There is democrat infighting. I say democrat but really it is factions of power loosely based around a party. It is only the Biden loyalists, who aren't many as he was Obama's third term guy, who thinks he should continue.

The Pelosi faction would want to sweep Newsom in, a few months out from election on a sunny day after Joe has had a "fall".

You have the Clinton faction who would go again either in person or proxy, again after a "fall".

Lord knows what Schumer is scheming.

There is the CCP faction, be honest here, they are balls deep in the democrats, what is their influence? Who is their guy? More of the same?

The Kamala circus is dead then you have the genuine types who want to see it all done properly, but don't have the ear of the loyalist media to send the story and the momentum one way or another.

Is it even relevant though? Will they even allow a Trump second term? They would be brazen to send in a second excuse for mass mail-in ballots, will the same apparatus have the guts to do it again? 

If all the ridiculous spurious legal lawfare fails, will they just make sure DJT is "clinton'd"? Is there enough in the shadows to pull that off? Trump is loved overwhelmingly by law enforcement, this was proven in 2020 with nigh on all endorsing him. Stands to reason that even high up in the secret service there is the same level of support, getting a scheme through would be risky and clearly stink to high heaven.

This is the democrats problem, which way to get rid of him, warring factions, no momentum. No twitter machine industrial sensorship this time. CNN under new management and Zuckerberg with bigger problems. Newspapers pissed off about having to bury the hunter laptop story and New York/California in an absolute state, where a lot of the people the dems want on side to drive the "machine" are having their everyday lives impacted.

The darker Washington games get, the more Maga thrives and with it comes the next Trump. The only thing that can calm America down is the cleanest of cleanest elections, given that it ranks around 60th globally in election integrity its hardly likely to happen soon, especially given the players.

Oh well back to the office, lunch over! 🤣

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

The benefit of Trump’s rampant narcissism is that he’ll be want to be known as the person who fixed global conflicts (provided they don’t involve Muslims, then he’ll let them rot). I could imagine a peace summit soon with Putin.

The problem is what does a peace summit look like? Is that "look, you lost. Accept it and we'll go back to trading with you" or is it "well, you might as well keep the land you invaded, just promise not to go any further ok thanks"?

12 hours ago, Collymore said:

If Trump gets in again I can honestly see it being the event that causes the start of WW3. Russia will try and take over Eastern Europe after USA pulls out of NATO. 

To be fair it could be argued that there has already been several evets happen  recently that can be counted as the start of WW3...

Trump isn't interested in war - he's interested in money and cheeseburgers. War doesn't get him more money or cheeseburgers.

Russia doesn't have the resources, China doesn't have the inclination - who is going to take part in this WWIII? Maybe it'd be best to run it as a knock-out tournament rather than the traditional format.

• Haha 4

I could see Trump and Putin making a deal.

Putin gets time to restructure the Russian economy;

Europe is just glad they don’t have to think about it anymore;

Trump says what a great statesman and deal-maker he is.

Ukraine gets sold down the river completely of course, isolated in any objection and forced to accept a land grab diplomatically. Discussions start taking place for what remains of Ukraine to join NATO but it never happens.

A few years down the line, probably but not certainly with Trump having left office, a few false flag operations take place and Putin launches his forces once again.

At best, Putin finds Trump enigmatic and is uncertain how he would respond at any given point. At worst he sees him as an ally. Most likely he sees him as a useful idiot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Why would we?  The replacement of blast furnaces with electric arc furnaces (which is the reason for the job losses) is exactly the plan and is required to continue long term steelmaking in the UK, which is a strategically important capability.  "Unions fighting for every job" is therefore exactly counter the environmental goal no? 

Fair enough, I didn't actually bother to read beyond the headline. Mea culpa.

Clearly the second tweet was misleading, and it was always likely that there were going to be thousands of job losses, but this wasn't highlighted by Rishi. They will no doubt have argued Tata could've fvcked off completely and lost even more jobs. Whether they've done a good job negotiating or not, who knows.

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

The problem is what does a peace summit look like? Is that "look, you lost. Accept it and we'll go back to trading with you" or is it "well, you might as well keep the land you invaded, just promise not to go any further ok thanks"?

The latter being North Cyprus. Amazing how the world turns a blind eye when natural resources aren't involved.

49 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I could see Trump and Putin making a deal.

Putin gets time to restructure the Russian economy;

Europe is just glad they don’t have to think about it anymore;

Trump says what a great statesman and deal-maker he is.

Ukraine gets sold down the river completely of course, isolated in any objection and forced to accept a land grab diplomatically. Discussions start taking place for what remains of Ukraine to join NATO but it never happens.

A few years down the line, probably but not certainly with Trump having left office, a few false flag operations take place and Putin launches his forces once again.

At best, Putin finds Trump enigmatic and is uncertain how he would respond at any given point. At worst he sees him as an ally. Most likely he sees him as a useful idiot.

You mean like exactly what happend after Crimea?

2 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

You mean like exactly what happend after Crimea?

Well, there is something of a precedent. Just depends whether Putin feels patient enough for a break. I doubt he’ll mind Trump being painted as a great American statesman knowing that Europe can’t stand him and that it potentially moves them and America further apart, weakening NATO.

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

Well, there is something of a precedent. Just depends whether Putin feels patient enough for a break. I doubt he’ll mind Trump being painted as a great American statesman knowing that Europe can’t stand him and that it potentially moves them and America further apart, weakening NATO.

Putin has actually made a point on numerous occasions about Trump being worse for Russian foreign policy as he bombed the crap out of Assadists, like Trump will be good for Russia out of the Middle East, but will be truly disastrous for the Middle East. 

1 hour ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

The latter being North Cyprus. Amazing how the world turns a blind eye when natural resources aren't involved.

Having lived there and known families in the south, there's actually quite a strong sentiment from Northern Cypriots that they see themselves as Cypriot Turks and don't actually WANT Turkey.

Simon Reeve did a great bit on it a while ago. If you can find the episode of his Mediterranean series, it's well worth watching

Sorry. Can we just give our heads a bit of a wobble. People are seriously suggesting anyone - ANYONE - would take Trump seriously in the role of a peace mediator?

I wouldn’t take him seriously as a fvcking toilet cleaner. 

And nor did anyone else the last time he bumbled about the world stage, trousering his Russian money and pissing on the ‘models’.

IMG_4766.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Sorry. Can we just give our heads a bit of a wobble. People are seriously suggesting anyone - ANYONE - would take Trump seriously in the role of a peace mediator?

I wouldn’t take him seriously as a fvcking toilet cleaner. 

And nor did anyone else the last time he bumbled about the world stage, trousering his Russian money and pissing on the ‘models’.

IMG_4766.jpeg

I’m not saying Putin would take him seriously. Only that he might decide Trump is best used as an opportunity to get a deal that suits his strategic goals, and that all he needs to do for that is to tell Trump how smart he is.