Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Just now, Dunge said:

I’m not saying Putin would take him seriously. Only that he might decide Trump is best used as an opportunity to get a deal that suits his strategic goals, and that all he needs to do for that is to tell Trump how smart he is.

No one will take him seriously. He will never be a credible mediator and he can’t be imposed on a situation in that role. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Sorry. Can we just give our heads a bit of a wobble. People are seriously suggesting anyone - ANYONE - would take Trump seriously in the role of a peace mediator?

I wouldn’t take him seriously as a fvcking toilet cleaner. 

And nor did anyone else the last time he bumbled about the world stage, trousering his Russian money and pissing on the ‘models’.

IMG_4766.jpeg

Are you the daggers that used to talk about cricket on local radio or someone else?

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

Well, there is something of a precedent. Just depends whether Putin feels patient enough for a break. I doubt he’ll mind Trump being painted as a great American statesman knowing that Europe can’t stand him and that it potentially moves them and America further apart, weakening NATO.

Ignoring predictions, they are easy. What should the White House, the EU and the UK be doing right now to end this in your opinion?

15 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Ignoring predictions, they are easy. What should the White House, the EU and the UK be doing right now to end this in your opinion?

Just keep on doing what they have been doing and - in the case of the EU - look to increase military spending in case they can’t rely on the USA any longer. It’s tough because Putin’s known for his patience, but just keep facing him down. Try to bore him out of it. If that doesn’t work, just stick with it until he dies, even if that takes 20 years.

There is no good answer or easy way to end it. The war ends when Putin or his successor decides it ends. If Russia says it ends tomorrow, it would end tomorrow.

What would you do?

Edited by Dunge

Trump is all about making deals. The slippery bugger.  If he got elected he’d probably get Russia to leave Ukraine but the U.S will likely end up making Russia their no.1 trade partner  and will try again in 4 years time to get Ukraine but from a stronger position and with nice new shiny equipment..

The whole Biden is senile thing is just lazy tbh, throwaway stuff which is simply easier than making calculated assessments of his record. You wouldn't last a week in that job if you were physically or mentally unwell. Lots of the stuff you see is selectively edited by outlets pushing that particular agenda.

You notice the people pushing it seem to ignore stuff like this from someone who is not much younger and comes out with this shite pretty consistently.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The whole Biden is senile thing is just lazy tbh, throwaway stuff which is simply easier than making calculated assessments of his record. You wouldn't last a week in that job if you were physically or mentally unwell. Lots of the stuff you see is selectively edited by outlets pushing that particular agenda.

You notice the people pushing it seem to ignore stuff like this from someone who is not much younger and comes out with this shite pretty consistently.

I do agree with you in some parts but he really does come accross as a forgetful bumbling old man at times in interviews.. 

29 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Just keep on doing what they have been doing and - in the case of the EU - look to increase military spending in case they can’t rely on the USA any longer. It’s tough because Putin’s known for his patience, but just keep facing him down. Try to bore him out of it. If that doesn’t work, just stick with it until he dies, even if that takes 20 years.

There is no good answer or easy way to end it. The war ends when Putin or his successor decides it ends. If Russia says it ends tomorrow, it would end tomorrow.

What would you do?

"If" it were up to me the last 30 years of western expansion into the ex Soviet states would of been much less aggressive and focused entirely on what was good for the individual nation state and peoples rather than geo p pawns.

Similarly "if" it were up to me, Crimea being invaded would have been met militarily via sea and air. That was the test and we failed.

"If" however I was parachuted into this shit show now to try and solve the situation my immediate thought based entirely on one strong coffee is to press for international agreement on regional voting, let the people decide, what type of representation and what political persuasion.

If that doesn't work, either no one can agree to the process or terms are broken then I would have no problem with full scale push back as long as whoever "my" partners are were as committed. Any shying away / disunited front and your're then forced to drawing lines on a map.

I agree the policy seems to be to drag it out, it's a common approach amongst elected officials serving limited terms. 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Joey Barton is a **** but never had him down as a race baiter. 

His brother put an axe through someone's head because he was black, the apple clearly doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I'm just staggered that De Santis is now backing Trump after opposing him. 

Why didn't he swing behind Nikki Haley?

He’s completely spineless, he might have run against him, but I don’t remember him directly criticising Trump. He’s probably hoping he gets a job off him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Ted Cruz did the same in 2016. Trump called Ted Cruz' wife ugly and he  accused his dad of participating in the JFK assassination. And Cruz still endorsed Trump. Spineless people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

There’ll need to be a Republican candidate in 2028. He doesn’t want to burn his bridges. 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

In a nutshell, please could someone explain the Yeman situation?

Yeman Houthis are sympathetic with Hamas and Palestine and are being funded and armed by Iran. They are claiming that they are targeting Israeli linked ships with missiles going through the narrow strip of water by them (which happens to be one of the most important shipping lanes in the world) but it seems they're just attacking any Western ships (even firing at a russian oil tanker!) So perhaps a degree of ineptitude too!...

The goods we buy from the far East and Asia have had to be travelling around South Africa instead, instead of cutting though the Red Sea, making it more expensive for Europe to buy goods as it's a longer fuel sapping journey. 

US and UK told them to stop firing at the ships numerous times or else. They haven't and have since targeted American ships.

US and UK bombed their capabilities to fire missiles the other week. 

Houthis getting more angry and not backing down so they are being attacked again tonight. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Yeman Houthis are sympathetic with Hamas and Palestine and are being funded and armed by Iran. They are claiming that they are targeting Israeli linked ships with missiles going through the narrow strip of water by them (which happens to be one of the most important shipping lanes in the world) but it seems they're just attacking any Western ships (even firing at a russian oil tanker!) So perhaps a degree of ineptitude too!...

The goods we buy from the far East and Asia have had to be travelling around South Africa instead, instead of cutting though the Red Sea, making it more expensive for Europe to buy goods as it's a longer fuel sapping journey. 

US and UK told them to stop firing at the ships numerous times or else. They haven't and have since targeted American ships.

US and UK bombed their capabilities to fire missiles the other week. 

Houthis getting more angry and not backing down so they are being attacked again tonight. 

They've also had the shit bombed out of them by UAE and the Saudi's for 8 years so us slinging a few missiles there way will do absolutely F.A in making them go away. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

There’ll need to be a Republican candidate in 2028. He doesn’t want to burn his bridges. 

DeSantis comes across to me as a wet wipe. So much for being the bright young thing of the Republican Party.

6 hours ago, David Hankey said:

No one wants to back the loser.  What would be the point?  He is moving on to winning in 4 years.  Thank goodness for the 8 years maximum term is all I can say.

58 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

They've also had the shit bombed out of them by UAE and the Saudi's for 8 years so us slinging a few missiles there way will do absolutely F.A in making them go away. 

They also get the credit for being the ones taking the fight to the US and the UK!  Heroes of the revolution etc.  We cannot be seen to be doing nothing though.  It all started as they were firing missiles towards Israel and the US shot them down.  The problem being they have very cheap missiles & drones and the US/UK are shooting them down with missiles which cost $1M each.  Not sustainable, hence bombing them instead, much cheaper.