Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Do we think Trump won’t try to amend this? 

I’m fully expecting this, and his supporters will put tons of pressure on the Republican Party to achieve it. Could get really nasty when the moderates refuse.

15 hours ago, ealingfox said:

The whole Biden is senile thing is just lazy tbh, throwaway stuff which is simply easier than making calculated assessments of his record. You wouldn't last a week in that job if you were physically or mentally unwell. Lots of the stuff you see is selectively edited by outlets pushing that particular agenda.

You notice the people pushing it seem to ignore stuff like this from someone who is not much younger and comes out with this shite pretty consistently.

I want to meet the people who watched that and went “Oh ima spending a $1 getting ma kids this…”

IMG_7553.jpeg

3 hours ago, Milo said:

2 hours ago, Dunge said:

I’m fully expecting this, and his supporters will put tons of pressure on the Republican Party to achieve it. Could get really nasty when the moderates refuse.

Not even trump would try and rewrite the constitution to that extent 

Edited by st albans fox

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Tory logic

That would be the same BBC that has active Tories / Tory donors in most of the Exec roles. 

And believe it or not she then went on GBeebies which employs at least 4 serving Tory MPs and praised them for their, checks notes, political balance....

This government has gone so far beyond parody now, I assume they're just having a laugh in the dying days of their hideous 14 years in power.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Milo said:

5 hours ago, Dunge said:

He won't. 

He's gone on record as saying that he will use the time to prepare his successor to take over.

It would take a constitutional amendment  to change this and that would require at least 50% of the Democratic vote ( 75% of the total house) and  this wont EVER happen

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Sure about that?

:(

Yes

An amendment may be proposed by a two-thirds vote of both Houses of Congress, or, if two-thirds of the States request one, by a convention called for that purpose. The amendment must then be ratified by three-fourths of the State legislatures, or three-fourths of conventions called in each State for ratification.

Edited by MPH

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

He won't. 

He's gone on record as saying that he will use the time to prepare his successor to take over.

It would take a constitutional amendment  to change this and that would require at least 50% of the Democratic vote ( 75% of the total house) and  this wont EVER happen

Well obviously I hope you're correct.

But we saw the chaos of him being booted out last time - why do we think it would be any different after he's had another 4 years of power? 

Re the bolded bit - isn't there a way of bypassing congress and the states vote on amendments? 

Anyway, I hope it doesn't come to pass. But there is nothing that's happened previously that fills me with any confidence that he won't spend 4 years working on ways to dismantle the process that would kick him out.   

27 minutes ago, Milo said:

Well obviously I hope you're correct.

But we saw the chaos of him being booted out last time - why do we think it would be any different after he's had another 4 years of power? 

Re the bolded bit - isn't there a way of bypassing congress and the states vote on amendments? 

Anyway, I hope it doesn't come to pass. But there is nothing that's happened previously that fills me with any confidence that he won't spend 4 years working on ways to dismantle the process that would kick him out.   

for him to change the constitution to say he could have a 3rd term, he would need the ( vote) help of 50% of the democratic party to do that.,

50% of the democratic party will not change the law to allow Trump a third term in office.

Edited by MPH

More from the Post Office Inquiry today.

After listening to the evidence and answers given by Robert Daily, another PO investigator, it would appear that they treated all sub-postmasters/mistresses as guilty prior to any investigations and, indeed, even after they could find no evidence that money had been stolen. The Post Office and their investigators would not admit nor contemplate, for a moment, that the problems lay with the faulty Horizon IT system.

35 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

More from the Post Office Inquiry today.

After listening to the evidence and answers given by Robert Daily, another PO investigator, it would appear that they treated all sub-postmasters/mistresses as guilty prior to any investigations and, indeed, even after they could find no evidence that money had been stolen. The Post Office and their investigators would not admit nor contemplate, for a moment, that the problems lay with the faulty Horizon IT system.

They would not contemplate it because to do so would potentially incur a huge financial and reputational cost. They were psychologically incapable as an institution of taking an honest view of the situation because they were terrified of the consequences of doing so - hence their willingness to destroy hundreds of people's lives with false accusations instead. It's the kind of thing that would stretch people's credulity if it were a work of fiction or a TV drama, but which actually happened in the real world.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They would not contemplate it because to do so would potentially incur a huge financial and reputational cost. They were psychologically incapable as an institution of taking an honest view of the situation because they were terrified of the consequences of doing so - hence their willingness to destroy hundreds of people's lives with false accusations instead. It's the kind of thing that would stretch people's credulity if it were a work of fiction or a TV drama, but which actually happened in the real world.

As it is they will still incur "huge financial and reputational cost". Being honest appears to count for nowt.

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
10 hours ago, Milo said:

I hEArd heS goNNA buRN thE wHOLe WOrld dOWn coS I wANt hiM tO BUrn thE  wHOLe worlD down sO I waS rIgHT AbOUt hIM buRnINg ThE worLd doWn

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

IMG_7554.png

7 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

jesus christ, they look like something out of Bo Selecta. 

Look more like twins. It's not swinging, it's incest. 

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

As it is they will still incur "huge financial and reputational cost". Being honest appears to count for nowt.

The financial cost and reputational damage is going to be far more significant now. Obviously, they expected their cover-up to work and didn't bank on Mr Bates exposing it.

• Like 1

Unless he’s unable to compete for legal reasons, trump will be the republican candidate 

his opponent is no doubt hanging on in there in the hope that the legal stuff intervenes - presumably being second would make her the nominee if he is forced out ?

ordinarily you’d expect haley to drop out based on losing in NH - if she drops out and trump can’t stand then I’d assume there would be a new vote ???

but I think pressure from the party once she’s been annihilated in the next vote or two will make her leave the contest.