Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

On 23/01/2024 at 14:23, MPH said:

He won't. 

He's gone on record as saying that he will use the time to prepare his successor to take over.

It would take a constitutional amendment  to change this and that would require at least 50% of the Democratic vote ( 75% of the total house) and  this wont EVER happen

I've taken a bit of a step back from politics in recent months, but last time around he didn't seem to stop pushing boundaries once he had the ball rolling. 

It feels somewhat wild that he's in the position to give it another crack after what appears to be at best reckless behaviour during the 2020 election. Will be interesting to see how that story plays out over time. In some respects, with him moving towards being the Republican nomination, such behaviour is at least not a disqualifying factor for being president amongst enough of the US populace at this point in time.

I don't think I'd suggest he could overcome what you have stated, although I do wonder if in the vein of 'preparing a successor', he might endorse someone like his Son or some other qualifying crony. 

Would it be possible for him to be Vice President beyond 2024? 

Edited by samlcfc

28 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

I've taken a bit of a step back from politics in recent months, but last time around he didn't seem to stop pushing boundaries once he had the ball rolling. 

It feels somewhat wild that he's in the position to give it another crack after what appears to be at best reckless behaviour during the 2020 election. Will be interesting to see how that story plays out over time. In some respects, with him moving towards being the Republican nomination, such behaviour is at least not a disqualifying factor for being president amongst enough of the US populace at this point in time.

I don't think I'd suggest he could overcome what you have stated, although I do wonder if in the vein of 'preparing a successor', he might endorse someone like his Son or some other qualifying crony. 

Would it be possible for him to be Vice President beyond 2024? 

The 12th Amendment, which was ratified in 1804, directs that no one “ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States.” The 22nd Amendment states that “[n]o person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice." it does mean a president who has served two terms couldn’t possibly be selected as a running mate.

Edited by MPH
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

The 12th Amendment, which was ratified in 1804, directs that no one “ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States.” The 22nd Amendment states that “[n]o person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice." it does mean a president who has served two terms couldn’t possibly be selected as a running mate.

Thanks!

I suppose for now, any potential influence he has beyond this election just provides an interesting discussion for most of us.

We seem positioned for a fairly lively 4 years whoever gets the office. 

Edited by samlcfc

7 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

Thanks!

I suppose for now, any potential influence he has beyond this election just provides an interesting discussion for most of us.

We seem positioned for a fairly lively 4 years whoever gets the office. 

if we can just survive the next 4 years…. :D

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaaaa

IMG_4811.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaaaa

IMG_4811.jpeg

Nadine Dorries had a talk show?  Must have started after I left.  Did she actually resign as an MP yet?

Guest David Oldfields Gate
8 hours ago, Daggers said:

Cracking cover design

IMG_4812.jpeg

20231211_205529.jpg.f925493d29dcf43fa870ef1eae55684a.jpg

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

So, she didn’t get a stiff sentence and avoided doing hard time

IMG_4816.jpeg

It begs the question as to how her colleagues became suspicious. lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

I'm not defending this obnoxious human being, but the "storms out of court" is a bit exaggerated, purposely of course.

What the court record shows is that "Mr Trump rose and left the courtroom" rather than "storming out" which suggests throwing a tantrum, kicking his chair over and slamming a few doors after shouting expletives at the prosecution.

Edited by Parafox