Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I'm not defending this obnoxious human being, but the "storms out of court" is a bit exaggerated, purposely of course.

What the court record shows is that "Mr Trump rose and left the courtroom" rather than "storming out" which suggests throwing a tantrum, kicking his chair over and slamming a few doors after shouting expletives at the prosecution.

The last eight years in a nutshell.

22 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The Creator of Godwin’s Law Says the Hitler Comparison Is Apt

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/12/19/godwins-law-trump-hitler-00132427

Only in the same sense of going on to a vegetarian thread and accusing vegetarians of being just like Hitler.  Using the same sort of rhetoric as Hitler, even if two of the words Trump used were also used by Hitler, is not a fair comparison of being like Hitler.  "Like Hitler" is an implication of genocide, not an implication of using two of his words.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

$83.3 to pay for someone he's "never met"!!

What a bloody clown and millions of Yanks still want him in the White House next time round.

Stitch up by Biden... Apparently. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

$83.3 to pay for someone he's "never met"!!

What a bloody clown and millions of Yanks still want him in the White House next time round.

Trump blames biden for everything, it is hilarious.

Surprised he doesnt blame biden for giving him covid or making him say "grab them by the p" or whatever he said.

I will say, at least trump is consistent in his behavior/approach.  Deny,  blame others, he is the greatest. Take a bow sir!

America requires much better than him or biden. What a waste of presidencys on both of them lol.

Insert comment from someone telling me i have TDS.

Edited by Jattdogg

I hadn’t seen the video of his deposition where he confuses E. Jean Carroll with his then wife, then has no clue who his ex-wife is before being told. Absolutely bonkers.

The judgement will only rally his cult though. They’re already spinning the political bias nonsense. It won’t matter.

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Trump blames biden for everything, it is hilarious.

Surprised he doesnt blame biden for giving him covid or making him say "grab them by the p" or whatever he said.

I will say, at least trump is consistent in his behavior/approach.  Deny,  blame others, he is the greatest. Take a bow sir!

America requires much better than him or biden. What a waste of presidencys on both of them lol.

Insert comment from someone telling me i have TDS.

TDS. Anytime mate, I'm here for you. 

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I hadn’t seen the video of his deposition where he confuses E. Jean Carroll with his then wife, then has no clue who his ex-wife is before being told. Absolutely bonkers.

The judgement will only rally his cult though. They’re already spinning the political bias nonsense. It won’t matter.

There is no cult, there is a growing international movement that has absolute frustration with the new political elite, left and right.

Can you not see the pattern with international elections the last ten years? This is not about the individual, this is about the pathway and the vehicle.

It's really not hard.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

“It’s really not hard” lol

You sound like the kind of guy who sees a flat earth Facebook post and thinks “y’know, there might be something in this”

Ok.

Might get deleted as we can't have politics, but for me it's more about changing demographics than discussing ideology. Interesting studies showing there's a growing divide between men and women regarding the political opinions of those over 30. Up until recent years men and women generally had similar political opinions on average, but this seems to be changing.

A new global gender divide is emerging (ft.com)

One of the most well-established patterns in measuring public opinion is that every generation tends to move as one in terms of its politics and general ideology. Its members share the same formative experiences, reach life’s big milestones at the same time and intermingle in the same spaces. So how should we make sense of reports that Gen Z is hyper-progressive on certain issues, but surprisingly conservative on others?

The answer, in the words of Alice Evans, a visiting fellow at Stanford University and one of the leading researchers on the topic, is that today’s under-thirties are undergoing a great gender divergence, with young women in the former camp and young men the latter. Gen Z is two generations, not one.

In countries on every continent, an ideological gap has opened up between young men and women. Tens of millions of people who occupy the same cities, workplaces, classrooms and even homes no longer see eye-to-eye.

In the US, Gallup data shows that after decades where the sexes were each spread roughly equally across liberal and conservative world views, women aged 18 to 30 are now 30 percentage points more liberal than their male contemporaries. That gap took just six years to open up.

Germany also now shows a 30-point gap between increasingly conservative young men and progressive female contemporaries, and in the UK the gap is 25 points. In Poland last year, almost half of men aged 18-21 backed the hard-right Confederation party, compared to just a sixth of young women of the same age.

Outside the west, there are even more stark divisions. In South Korea there is now a yawning chasm between young men and women, and it’s a similar situation in China. In Africa, Tunisia shows the same pattern. Notably, in every country this dramatic split is either exclusive to the younger generation or far more pronounced there than among men and women in their thirties and upwards.

The #MeToo movement was the key trigger, giving rise to fiercely feminist values among young women who felt empowered to speak out against long-running injustices. That spark found especially dry tinder in South Korea, where gender inequality remains stark, and outright misogyny is common.

In the country’s 2022 presidential election, while older men and women voted in lockstep, young men swung heavily behind the right-wing People Power party, and young women backed the liberal Democratic party in almost equal and opposite numbers.

Korea’s is an extreme situation, but it serves as a warning to other countries of what can happen when young men and women part ways. Its society is riven in two. Its marriage rate has plummeted, and birth rate has fallen precipitously, dropping to 0.78 births per woman in 2022, the lowest of any country in the world.

Seven years on from the initial #MeToo explosion, the gender divergence in attitudes has become self-sustaining. Survey data show that in many countries the ideological differences now extend beyond this issue. The clear progressive-vs-conservative divide on sexual harassment appears to have caused — or at least is part of — a broader realignment of young men and women into conservative and liberal camps respectively on other issues.

In the US, UK and Germany, young women now take far more liberal positions on immigration and racial justice than young men, while older age groups remain evenly matched. The trend in most countries has been one of women shifting left while men stand still, but there are signs that young men are actively moving to the right in Germany, where today’s under-30s are more opposed to immigration than their elders, and have shifted towards the far-right AfD in recent years.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Trump is the definition of a grandiose narcissist. He's just so obviously unsuitable for the position of President of the United States. 

There’s also plenty of evidence pointing to a significant cognitive decline.

Just thinking. Are these flash points in the middle east the start of something big? It has always been a unstable and on edge for many years and Iran seems to be happily feeding the 'rebel' groups. Is this a way to stretch the US/NATO resources/distraction for something else. The US can't be everywhere. 

North Korea playing games with South Korea, Putin traveling to Kaliningrad to name a few, seem to be more vocal.

US elections this year and our elections, I hope I'm wrong, but this could be a year that could affect all of us. 

COVID has sent the world bonkers!

Edited by fox_favourite

20 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Just thinking. Are these flash points in the middle east the start of something big? It has always been a unstable and on edge for many years and Iran seems to be happily feeding the 'rebel' groups. Is this a way to stretch the US/NATO resources/distraction for something else. The US can't be everywhere. 

North Korea playing games with South Korea, Putin traveling to Kaliningrad to name a few, seem to be more vocal.

US elections this year and our elections, I hope I'm wrong, but this could be a year that could affect all of us. 

COVID has sent the world bonkers!

Yes you have the axis powers (Russia, China, Iran and North Korea) working together to finally try and stretch and overthrow the west. The west has basically had uncharted hegemony since 1991. The balance of power is shifting and a world war is inevitable which will see one of the three things 

1) continual American hegemony.

2) a multipolar world (US, EU, China, India, Middle East, Russia, Africa etc)

3) the end of humanity through nuclear annihilation. 

59 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yes you have the axis powers (Russia, China, Iran and North Korea) working together to finally try and stretch and overthrow the west. The west has basically had uncharted hegemony since 1991. The balance of power is shifting and a world war is inevitable which will see one of the three things 

1) continual American hegemony.

2) a multipolar world (US, EU, China, India, Middle East, Russia, Africa etc)

3) the end of humanity through nuclear annihilation. 

While it’s tempting to see this in an “us vs them” context, and note that they are indeed allied in a core ideology of authoritarianism, I don’t really see those countries named really working together in any organised way. Russia have long been after Ukraine, Iran are looking for something to unite a country that has had major issues with their rulers over recent years, China look like they have an eye on picking up the pieces of whatever happens and North Korea are anyone’s guess. It feels more like they’d take advantage of each other’s distractions rather than actively coordinate the overthrow of the west.

Not sure whether that makes the situation any less dangerous but I don’t see them as some great united power. For one thing, none of those leaders would have any desire to share with the others.

Edited by Dunge