Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

You genuinely believe Israel (or anyone else for that matter) will successfully remove Hamas?

I've said it a couple of times. First, you can't kill an ideology and second, Hamas leadership isn't all in one place, nice and conveniently waiting to be killed.

And most are forgetting that Israel are an occupying force and Hamas exist literally because of this. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Politics of envy.

These Tories and their ideology really are ****ing vile.

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Politics of envy.

You catch Jeremy Twunt telling him to **** off there?

I'm not a fan of Keir but he's slapped the Tories about there.

Edited by Bryn

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Politics of envy.

I watched this earlier and the tories came out of it really badly. What you dont see in that clip is when Keir Starmer started talking he said "this week I spoke to Phil who works at a branch of Iceland" it was then met with howls of laughter from the tories. I cant fcuking stand them.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Politics of envy.

Absolutely atrocious behaviour from their side of the house today.  Sunak tells Phil/us that to save money on your mortgage you can go interest only or extend the term.  Don't worry, that's his plan.  Really?  Really?  Does he seriously think that is an acceptable and reasonable response?  Laughing and joking through it all as well dodging the weekly questions as usual.

They're finished.  Bring on the GE now.  Embarrassing this lot.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Absolutely atrocious behaviour from their side of the house today.  Sunak tells Phil/us that to save money on your mortgage you can go interest only or extend the term.  Don't worry, that's his plan.  Really?  Really?  Does he seriously think that is an acceptable and reasonable response?  Laughing and joking through it all as well dodging the weekly questions as usual.

They're finished.  Bring on the GE now.  Embarrassing this lot.  

Done a bit of digging, I reckon Phil owns a £400k house and is remortgaging £375k all on his Iceland salary. This is based upon the current rates being offered of 4.85% on 5yr fixed.

Think it's embarrassing that the Tories haven't dealt with these unscrupulous mortgage advisors selling Phil some6he clearly cannot afford. It's 2005 all over again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jgtuk said:

And most are forgetting that Israel are an occupying force and Hamas exist literally because of this. 

Stating this as fact just suggests you are rather ill informed of the history of the region to be honest.  It is much more complicated than that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Stating this as fact just suggests you are rather ill informed of the history of the region to be honest.  It is much more complicated than that.

Well, I’m glad you told me, I just didn’t realise how complicated it is. 

🙄

• Haha 1

On 31/01/2024 at 12:48, urban.spaceman said:

Politics of envy.

Speaker jumping the gun there and calling Starmer Prime Minister lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Pretty much. Like I don't know about anyone else, but I think if I lived in Gaza and saw Israel indiscriminately bombing my home and killing all my friends and family to get to Hamas, if they did manage to get rid of Hamas I'd just form Hamas 2 because I'd want revenge for my friends and family?

Do you know what Hamas people are like?  Did you see anything about the massacres at the pop festival?  Do you honestly think you could be so evil?

Edited by dsr-burnley

Some reading to contextualise the security situation surrounding Gaza prior to oct 7.  There were 18,500 work permits issued at that time for workers to enter Israel each day. 

https://www.ochaopt.org/content/movement-and-out-gaza-update-covering-april-2023

and also relevant is that Gaza was part of Egypt when Israel was declared a state in 1948.  whilst the narrative is that Israel blockades and restricts the movement of gazans, Egypt’s treatment of the enclave is comparable and in some terms, worse. 

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some reading to contextualise the security situation surrounding Gaza prior to oct 7.  There were 18,500 work permits issued at that time for workers to enter Israel each day. 

https://www.ochaopt.org/content/movement-and-out-gaza-update-covering-april-2023

and also relevant is that Gaza was part of Egypt when Israel was declared a state in 1948.  whilst the narrative is that Israel blockades and restricts the movement of gazans, Egypt’s treatment of the enclave is comparable and in some terms, worse. 

It wasn’t part of Egypt, it was occupied and controlled by Egypt. 

26 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

It wasn’t part of Egypt, it was occupied and controlled by Egypt. 

Occupied from who ??

I mean what country was it part of ?

‘The land itself was under the control of various empires, such as the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, and eventually the Islamic Caliphate and the Ottoman Empire’.

post 1948 UN declaration it became part of Egypt (as the West Bank became part of trans Jordan) 

image.thumb.png.aaae56e0839a19905174849ffc4e1382.png

Edited by st albans fox

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Occupied from who ??

I mean what country was it part of ?

‘The land itself was under the control of various empires, such as the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, and eventually the Islamic Caliphate and the Ottoman Empire’.

post 1948 UN declaration it became part of Egypt (as the West Bank became part of trans Jordan) 

image.thumb.png.aaae56e0839a19905174849ffc4e1382.png

It wasn’t a country but a region. It was inhabited by Arab/Palestinian tribes but occupied or ruled over many times by others, Egypt included. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
4 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

It wasn’t a country but a region. It was inhabited by Arab/Palestinian tribes but occupied or ruled over many times by others, Egypt included. 

If this thread was an excel spreadsheet a "warning, circular reference" caption would appear at this point. 

22 hours ago, jgtuk said:

Israel included... If you go back far enough.

Seriously though, isn't it better to live in peace in a land that isn't yours, or live in fear and terror in a land that is?

This applies to Israel and Palestine equally.