Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

If Putin agrees to an interview with Tucker Carlson then it’ll be both tailored for western ears but also with a mind to the fact it would likely reach the ears of his populace too. I don’t know why you think such an interview would be blocked by the West when the whole point is that we would be the target audience.

Besides, you already know Putin’s angle so what exactly are you expecting to hear from him that’s new? Or is the situation actually that you’ve long since made up your mind on the matter, you don’t really care about balance at all and you just want his words to reach more western ears because you agree with them?

• Like 2

Putin’s views on the west are hardly a mystery are they? It’ll go something like “I don’t blame the population, the puppet masters are the problem, we know that there are sensible people like Carlson who will re-establish global order”. 

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer (not Prostrate).

10s of thousands are diagnosed every year. He'll get the upmost care available, not stuck on a waiting list.

• Like 3

Just now, foxy boxing said:

10s of thousands are diagnosed every year. He'll get the upmost care available, not stuck on a waiting list.

His treatment started... TODAY!!!

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Apparently discovered during the prostate process so I'd imagine something like colon or testicular which are very treatable. You'd imagine he'll be fine.

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

Immediate cancer treatment is about the only well functioning service within the nhs. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

With Kate and Charles on the injury list and unable to perform public duties for a while, will we see a shock return for Harry on an emergency loan? 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

With Kate and Charles unable to perform public duties for a while, will we see a shock return for Harry on an emergency loan? 

No there was complications with his paper work and they thought they wouldn't get it through in time. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

With Kate and Charles on the injury list and unable to perform public duties for a while, will we see a shock return for Harry on an emergency loan? 

The one time we really need Rudders in charge of the fax!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

They thought my lad had cancer on a Thursday in 2022, by the following Tuesday before definitively confirming it was what they thought, he'd started steroids and began chemotherapy. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Maybe The Duke of Nonce's time has come.

• Haha 4

59.2% of patients began treatment within 62 days of an urgent suspected cancer referral in June 2023.  

NHS England. Cancer Waiting Times 

In November 2023, the new two-month cancer wait time target was being missed by 35% of patients. NHS England aim to have no more than 15% of patients waiting longer than two months until a first treatment for cancer. 

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/qualitywatch/nhs-performance-summary

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Maybe The Duke of Nonce's time has come.

Yeah, they'll call him the Comeback Kid Prince (rather than the 'Come on a Kid's Back Prince' as he's currently known...)

Edited by ClaphamFox

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

59.2% of patients began treatment within 62 days of an urgent suspected cancer referral in June 2023.  

In November 2023, the new two-month cancer wait time target was being missed by 35% of patients. NHS England aim to have no more than 15% of patients waiting longer than two months until a first treatment for cancer. 

The 2 month wait target surprises me, Leicester has a 2 week target, or at least they did just before covid, and in my experience it was much quicker even than that.

To see that 35% of people are seen outside of 2 months is pretty shocking tbh. Nobody should be waiting that long.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

You should not wait more than 28 days from referral to finding out whether you have cancer or not. I was on the diagnostic pathway for 79 days after five consultant cancellations. When I received the final one, immediately after opening the letter, I drove down to the hospital department that afternoon, informed them what had happened and a staff nurse who was visibly appalled, arranged for me to see a doctor immediately who was able to give me my diagnosis. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1