Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 2023/24

Bit of time to digest yesterday (WBA Wolves...)

Can't help but think it's a temperature check of the way the country is heading at the minute. Bunch of coked up, booze fuelled 40+ right wing lunatics ready to fight at any moment.

Cocaine and booze culture is just getting worse and worse in football, it was bad enough when it was just booze! The amount of money we have to waste on policing at games simply because people can't possibly go to a game of football without having 10 pints and starting a fight.

This is why we can't have nice things like some Euro football countries lol (i'm aware some countries are just as bad...)

WBA need investigating though for the way they handled yesterday, gave an entire end, right next to a home corner, barely segregated and right next to where all the players familes are! Clearly their ticket policy is the pits as well, certainly looked like a big revenue over safety operation yesterday.

Edited by AjcW

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Can't help but think it's a temperature check of the way the country is heading at the minute. Bunch of coked up, booze fuelled 40+ right wing lunatics ready to fight at any moment.

Cocaine and booze culture is just getting worse and worse in football, it was bad enough when it was just booze! The amount of money we have to waste on policing at games simply because people can't possibly go to a game of football without having 10 pints and starting a fight.

This is why we can't have nice things like some Euro football countries lol (i'm aware some countries are just as bad...)

WBA need investigating though for the way they handled yesterday, gave an entire end, right next to a home corner, barely segregated and right next to where all the players familes are! Clearly their ticket policy is the pits as well, certainly looked like a big revenue over safety operation yesterday.

Only 1 of the 6 arrested was over 34yrs old :dunno:

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Apologies, that bit was a bit generalistic based on the 'poster boy' of this whole episode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

The incident was at the other end to the Wolves away allocation. 

The likelihood is that those tickets were either sold to Wolves fans on the WBA database, or by WBA fan to a Wolves fans or possibly from the players allocation. A lot of chat in our office this morning - it's the latter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The likelihood is that those tickets were either sold to Wolves fans on the WBA database, or by WBA fan to a Wolves fans or possibly from the players allocation. A lot of chat in our office this morning - it's the latter. 

It's not very difficult to get onto EFL clubs ticket databases to be fair, wouldn't be surprised if that was the main cause. I'm signed up to loads just based on when i've been in the area and fancied watching something.

Just now, AjcW said:

It's not very difficult to get onto EFL clubs ticket databases to be fair, wouldn't be surprised if that was the main cause. I'm signed up to loads just based on when i've been in the area and fancied watching something.

Baggie fan here said there was no barrier to getting a membership after the cup draw - you'd have thought they would have closed it off as soon as the draw was done 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Baggie fan here said there was no barrier to getting a membership after the cup draw - you'd have thought they would have closed it off as soon as the draw was done 

Absolutely desperate for cash though aren't they! 

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Also, the link between 'right wing lunatics' and football hooliganism is somewhat tenuous, according to this report.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a7a39b8ed915d1fb3cd6590/1539-disorder-football.pdf

I've joined two sentances together in my original post that BKL reply's to, probably an error really in terms of getting my point across. 

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

OK time for some facts about what happened. The trouble was at the opposite end of the ground to the Wolves fans. One or two were sat in there and then couldn't control themselves when we went two nil up. They were ejected by stewards and police, but not before they had home fans trying to get at them as they were led out. That led to home fans from other areas of the ground running round the stadium to try and get at them. They started fighting the police which is why that bloke had blood running down his head as he was led away. 

Add to the fact they were throwing bottles and objects at our players, into the away end, and eventually at the police too, and they will get royally screwed by the FA even if they can identify those who got onto the pitch and were fighting the police. If the FA even try and blame Wolves fans or fine the club then it will be a complete shambles. It was WBAs ticketing policy at fault. 

They had to give us a whole end due to the FA Cup 15% rule, just as we had to give them the whole end when they played in the cup at our place back in 2007. But there was plenty of segregation in place in any case. That would have been mandated by the West Midlands Police. Who btw have been notorious over the years for heavy handed policing in BCDs. 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Yep. The major cause of the bad trouble was the fact it was the first time we have played them at The Hawthorns with fans allowed since 2011. Their younger thugs have literally been waiting their whole lives for us to play them. It's no wonder it was so bad once it all kicked off and they were trying to get at the Wolves fans in their section. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

The main reason Wolves fans got their hands on tickets is the stupid policy of allowing STHs to purchase an extra ticket with no checks on who was going to be using it. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

This is wrong. New memberships were closed off for this game once the draw came out. Even WBA aren't stupid enough to allow anyone and their dog to be able to get tickets for this game by just buying a membership at the same time. The real problem was that stupid +1 policy mentioned above. STHs either sold their extra tickets on to the highest bidder or let mates who were Wolves fans have them. They'll also be in trouble if the club can trace back to the seat where the Wolves fans were sat. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Bear said:

OK time for some facts about what happened. The trouble was at the opposite end of the ground to the Wolves fans. One or two were sat in there and then couldn't control themselves when we went two nil up. They were ejected by stewards and police, but not before they had home fans trying to get at them as they were led out. That led to home fans from other areas of the ground running round the stadium to try and get at them. They started fighting the police which is why that bloke had blood running down his head as he was led away. 

Add to the fact they were throwing bottles and objects at our players, into the away end, and eventually at the police too, and they will get royally screwed by the FA even if they can identify those who got onto the pitch and were fighting the police. If the FA even try and blame Wolves fans or fine the club then it will be a complete shambles. It was WBAs ticketing policy at fault. 

They had to give us a whole end due to the FA Cup 15% rule, just as we had to give them the whole end when they played in the cup at our place back in 2007. But there was plenty of segregation in place in any case. That would have been mandated by the West Midlands Police. Who btw have been notorious over the years for heavy handed policing in BCDs. 

The context is of course really useful and welcome. 

Does not change my point about how booze and drugs come before a football match for far too many matchgoers these days. 

Interesting that you say it was people not being able to control their reaction in the wrong end when their team score.... wonder what contributed to that inability to keep a lid on things lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Does not change my point about how booze and drugs come before a football match for far too many matchgoers these days. 

Interesting that you say it was people not being able to control their reaction in the wrong end when their team score.... wonder what contributed to that inability to keep a lid on things lol 

People think they can handle alcohol when they can't.

I don't want alcohol in the stands in this Country like people talk about.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Lack of policing is the reason someone fell on her?  Good luck with that one in court.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I saw a great post by a non league twitter account. 2 sets of fans in one stand at Matlock I think it was. All grown men that could have a sing song and cheer their team without feeling the need to punch each other because they were supporting a different team. 

Obviously not achievable in large numbers are you increase the chance of dick heads, but it's one of the things I love about following Coalville. Was worried it'd seap into our level but people seem to be learning to conduct themselves like normal humans.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Oh and this pic of a WBA fan who managed to get onto the pitch is going to be used by Wolves fans for years to come lol

State of him FFS. I wonder if his name is Jason....

GFAGJn7XYAAU7tc?format=jpg&name=small

Lets get the thoughts of our resident fashion guru... @purpleronnie :D 

I've found the crying of some Coventry and Wednesday fans hilarious. How insecure do you have to be to be upset that maidstone are disappointed they've drawn you instead of a Prem team (especially with Man City being so close in the draw)