Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Sunderland H.. Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Their fans are hilariously confident. 

Win it.

Are you describing some of our lot?

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

They have the weirdest fans in the league. 

They think they're practically favourites to win the league. Think they're actually a massive club and think their squad is amazing. 

Rest of the country thinks they're an average, unfashionable, regional second tier team. Odd folk. 

Are you describing some of our lot?

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

They are a dangerous team, that once again if they take their chances and we are very wasteful then we could drop points.

The issue for the opposition is exactly that though, they're under immense pressure to be so efficient and exert their energies hoping we're off it. Its no coincidence in the final 30 minutes we are ruthless, teams just struggle to maintain what's needed to cause us sustained problems.

We'll drop points again though and they have plenty of classy young players so a challenge for us. We've some tough games from the return of this international break up until the next, it'll be interesting. 

• Like 1

On to the Sunderland game. Clarke is on decent form and they're great going forwards.

Need to be more clinical than today. Swansea were poor in the final third, Sunderland shouldn't be.

That being said, I think it's about time we had a game where everytime we go forward we bang it in.. I'd take a 2-1.. but I reckon this one we'll bag 5

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

They did spend a huge amount on transfers that summer and had high expectations in that first game against what they (and everyone else) thought were relegation fodder. It was difficult for many clubs fans to come to terms with what transpired. 

Such a great game, opened many people's eyes to just how good we could be. Also remember the 5-2 drubbing, when Collymore scored a hat trick. We do like to give these lot a thrashing from time to time. Let's hope we give them another one on Tuesday.

Edited by sm1

24 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Win and we go 8 points clear. Ipswich play Wednesday night. It then becomes a mental battle - catch us if you can. 

What a start to this season Leicester 🦊

Great point. I felt Southampton and Norwich would be tests, but I think the coming Sunderland and Leeds games are probably harder. Win both of those and not only will be looking like we are pulling away points wise, but beating an in form Leeds in particular will add to the gulf mentally.

To beat both of those - particularly Leeds - we’d need to play better than we did today mind.

9 hours ago, Spudulike said:

We are still vulnerable at the back and have got away with it on numerous occasions. Too much chicken counting going on. 

Don't agree. Every team is gonna give up chances but we create so many that we're rarely going to be punished 

I'm all for keeping our feet on the ground but any criticism of us right now is nitpicking at its finest 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Great point. I felt Southampton and Norwich would be tests, but I think the coming Sunderland and Leeds games are probably harder. Win both of those and not only will be looking like we are pulling away points wise, but beating an in form Leeds in particular will add to the gulf mentally.

To beat both of those - particularly Leeds - we’d need to play better than we did today mind.

Sunderland at home more difficult than an in form Swansea away?

Stoke beat them yesterday!  If we don't win it would be extremely disappointing.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's your assesment of their defence seeing as they've conceded twice as many goals as us this season? 

Clearly they have problems but it doesn't mean that we haven't. Even yesterday I don't think we were completely comfortable until Fatawu's goal. Mads was required at least twice although they were saves that you would expect him to make. I think that we have got away with it at times, the sort of moments that PL clubs would capitalise on. We are still a work in progress. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Clearly they have problems but it doesn't mean that we haven't. Even yesterday I don't think we were completely comfortable until Fatawu's goal. Mads was required at least twice although they were saves that you would expect him to make. I think that we have got away with it at times, the sort of moments that PL clubs would capitalise on. We are still a work in progress. 

The chances we are affording teams is on the whole impressive. On the balance of what teams get compared to the level of opportunities we have is night and day.

In order for teams to consistently cause us problems, we will need to be extremely wasteful and teams take the few chances they get or score long range goals, it heaps huge pressure on the opposition and is of no surprise they lose discipline and intensity in the final 20-30 minutes against us.

• Like 4

Enzo Maresca hopes Yunus Akgun will be available for Tuesday’s Championship meeting with Sunderland despite limping out of Leicester City’s 3-1 win at Swansea.

The Turkish winger was introduced as a substitute in the 65th minute but then went off in injury time, appearing to be holding his thigh. However, having spoken to him after the game, City boss Maresca did not feel it was anything serious.

“I just asked him and he didn’t feel something important,” the manager said in his post-match press conference. “It was just something, but not something important, so hopefully he’s not going to lose any games or any days. We’ll see.”

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I mean the last time I looked we've conceded the least goals and the least expected goals in the division. Not sure what more you want.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

In a very very poor league though!

But is it though?  I think the quality of the championship has always been pretty consistent.  It doesn't make it poor because we have won 11 out of 12.  Maybe we are just too good for it? 

Do you think Sheffield Wednesday think the standard is very very poor?

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1