Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Sunderland H.. Tuesday.

12 hours ago, Spudulike said:

We are still vulnerable at the back and have got away with it on numerous occasions. Too much chicken counting going on. 

Yea this is concerning. Swansea were unfortunate not to have got 2 or 3 themselves. That misplaced pass from Ricky across the 18yd box straight to a Swans player was criminal, fortunately he got away with it. Add to that several half arsed looping headers out, Just a bit sloppy at the back sometimes.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We shouldn't be worried about any team. We're easily the best team in the league by a large margin. 

We are, it’s clear and obvious, no VAR needed. We’re constantly reminded of every game we play by commentators of the gulf in money spent and quality. A team managed better should never have been relegated. Enzo has done well to implement his ideas so quickly and no team has an answer to it and we can improve further. 

It’s also true that we clearly take each game at a time, not underestimating our opponents and working hard for each win. As long as we keep focusing and working hard then there isn’t any team near us. Leeds are good and I’ll hazard will be our main rival with an impressive Ipswich not too far either. 

After the last 18 months, it’s so refreshing and I’ll drink this in. As next year will not be so easy if we’re promoted. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

But is it though?  I think the quality of the championship has always been pretty consistent.  It doesn't make it poor because we have won 11 out of 12.  Maybe we are just too good for it? 

Do you think Sheffield Wednesday think the standard is very very poor?

Poor in comparison to the Premier league.

We could quite feasibly win this league by a country mile this season,then be in a relegation dogfight next.

19 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

We could quite feasibly win this league by a country mile this season,then be in a relegation dogfight next.

...our journey in this tier sets us up for the Premier league!!!

All the answers we need to find will have been brought to life and we adjust when or if we go up. Adjustments are being made right now as our season wears on,  right now we are not the team you are likely to see if promoted.

There were a few walking wounded after yesterday.

Akgun went off, Ian was limping etc..

Any news on their availability?

Given Enzo’s penchant for rotation it’s difficult to pick the starting eleven. I’d have expected Yunus and Nacho to be rotated in if it wasn’t for their tweaks 

34 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

I think with the current squad we have and manager we'd finish 14th or 15th this season in the premiership. With 10 more months to work on it and hopefully 4-5 more signings, we should be somewhere between 9th-14th or 15th next season. (I just think the 3 teams that go up this season will be better than the 3 that just went up). Main concern is the defence, a CM and a striker to finish in the higher end of those places.

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

But the championship is always going to be weaker to a degree, that's why it's a division lower, but it's not poor compared to any other season is the point I'm making.  

With regards to a relegation dogfight next season, maybe, maybe not.  What I know for certain looking at the teams on paper is that we are comfortably better than Luton, Sheff United, Burnley, Bournemouth and maybe even Everton as it stands right now, different divisions aside. 

If we go up this season, we will only start next season stronger still.

People aren't realising how monumental the cock up was in our relgation.  It should never have happened with that team, but like winning the Premier League against all the odds, this happened to.  It was arguably the worst underperforming side over a season the prem has ever seen. 

If we go up, which I think we absolutely will, we will be more than fine I believe. 

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I mean the last time I looked we've conceded the least goals and the least expected goals in the division. Not sure what more you want.

You only had to watch some of the squeeky bum defensive moments yesterday (and other games) to know that we could've been punished by better players. Not really something we should be relying on. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

You only had to watch some of the squeeky bum defensive moments yesterday (and other games) to know that we could've been punished by better players. Not really something we should be relying on. 

What moments were they? Genuinely can't remember a moment I thought they'd score? Their best chance was a punt from half way wasn't it? 

Off the top of my head they had an xG of about 0.6? 

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

What moments were they? Genuinely can't remember a moment I thought they'd score? Their best chance was a punt from half way wasn't it? 

Off the top of my head they had an xG of about 0.6? 

Ricardo almost gifted them a goal. Vestergaard was out paced on one occasion that almost left a 1 on 1. We presented them with other opportunities they weren't good enough to capitalise on. Couldn't do much about the one that Mads tipped onto the crossbar though. 

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Ricardo almost gifted them a goal. Vestergaard was out paced on one occasion that almost left a 1 on 1. We presented them with other opportunities they weren't good enough to capitalise on. Couldn't do much about the one that Mads tipped onto the crossbar though. 

But he didn't. They still couldn't get past the centre backs and the 1 on 1 wasn't a 1 on 1. It was an over hit ball the keeper mopped up. That one isn't even a chance :dunno:

They had a bunch of long low percentage shots, we defended well. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

4 hours ago, LVFox said:

Looking forward to this one, think Sunderland are one of the tactically most interesting sides in the league.

Keen to watch Jack Clarke, would love him at the KP next year

Ditto this, looking forward to seeing what Clarke is like as he looks a very good player at this level.