Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Sunderland H.. Tuesday.

13 hours ago, Koke said:

Sunderland are an interesting team. One of their fans said that they're the only team in all 4 divisions who don't have a striker that has scored for them. All their goals has come from midfielders and defenders. Pretty crazy stat. 

To be fair, they don't really have a striker lol that's their issue.

13 hours ago, Koke said:

Sunderland are an interesting team. One of their fans said that they're the only team in all 4 divisions who don't have a striker that has scored for them. All their goals has come from midfielders and defenders. Pretty crazy stat. 

Definitely playing with a false number-9, then? :P

On 22/10/2023 at 08:33, Lionator said:

Are we? Aside from Blackburn, pretty much every recent goal we’ve conceded has been a worldie or deflected effort. 

I agree with this but will say there have been a few **** ups at the back,even Saturday but the "putting their bodies on the line/busting a gut" defending has improved massively so can still see both sides. Think our **** ups should have led to more goals but ultimately championship attacks just ain't good enough to capitalise before we recover the ball through sheer power of will.

I think we'll be fine but the great thing is just how much improvement is still to come which leaves me feeling slightly more optimistic after promotion compared to say Burnley season so far.

Edited by gw_leics772

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Anniversary of helicopter crash and chairman's legacy?

“Every time something like this happens it is sad. I was at the stadium that night. I was on the bench that night, working with West Ham. The legacy they are showing for the family is unbelievable.

“These kinds of things don’t have colours. It’s always bad news. The memory is about sadness.

“You can see clearly. We went for the pre-season in Thailand. I feel proud to be part of this rebuild. All Leicester fans have to be proud about this because it’s not easy to find people who invest like this."

Hadn't registered with me that he worked for West Ham at the time! 

• Like 2

On 22/10/2023 at 08:05, Ashley said:

Win and we go 8 points clear. Ipswich play Wednesday night. It then becomes a mental battle - catch us if you can. 

What a start to this season Leicester 🦊

Not that I want Ipswich to win or challenge us but I don't mind them matching us stride for stride as it's about finishing in the top two and them being alongside us gives us focus. 

If we get miles clear of second you would have to worry if our focus and hunger drops a tad, saying that I trust in Enzo to nip that in the bud early if it happens.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Sunderland

Yunus?

“He’s doing a scan now. So in a bit we will have some news. Tomorrow is complicated. Hopefully it’s nothing serious.”

Any other injuries? Any returning players?

“Tom and Kasey they are very close. Hopefully end of this week or next week they can start with us. That’s all.”

Swansea?

“It has been a good feeling. We continued in the same way we were playing. No panic, calm. We continued with our idea that is giving us results. We are happy about that.”

Sum up start in one word?

“Learning. I try to see what is working well or not working and see what we can improve. It’s a process.”

Relegation a motivating factor for players?

“Probably a question for them. After relegation, it’s always complicated. Many players left. The players who stayed here are not mentally positive. Don’t forget we lost around 14 or 15 players. That’s a big number. The players who are here, like JJ was injured, Ricardo was injured, Jannik was not involved.”

Vestergaard?

“What I saw is what he is doing. In our style, he can give us a lot. At the beginning, we brought in Conor to do the same but unfortunately he was injured for a long time. Jannik has been very serious, very professional. He trains very well.”

Winks?

“It’s a main player, an important player. He was our target number one. He was one of the main targets. I know Harry from a long time ago and when he moved to Italy I thought he was a very good player.

“At the end, every player under different managers can give more or less. Harry’s skills are perfect for us. That’s why he is doing so well for us. We are helping him and he is helping us.”

Sunderland?

“They are third in the Championship for possession and they are very dangerous on the counter-attack. I expect them to be aggressive. They have very good players, like Bellingham.”

Spreading goals around?

“Very happy. When a player scores, it’s always something important. We try to get them all involved in our style. The five players at the front, they have to be close to the box, so it’s easier for them to score.”

Fatawu first goal?

“We are happy for Fatawu but I’m very happy for Stephy because he played a brilliant game on the ball and off the ball. This is the level we expect from him.”

Rotation?

“We’ll see. We have a session today. We’ll see if some of them are tired or if some are fresh.”

Anniversary of helicopter crash and chairman's legacy?

“Every time something like this happens it is sad. I was at the stadium that night. I was on the bench that night, working with West Ham. The legacy they are showing for the family is unbelievable.

“These kinds of things don’t have colours. It’s always bad news. The memory is about sadness.

“You can see clearly. We went for the pre-season in Thailand. I feel proud to be part of this rebuild. All Leicester fans have to be proud about this because it’s not easy to find people who invest like this."

Good presser, and great update on McAteer (as well as Cannon).

On Sunderland, I would be much more concerned with Jack Clarke than with the ‘other’ Bellingham. He’s leading the league in scoring playing out wide, and operates in an area of the field we often leave defensive gaps - the right side of our defense. Fatawu will likely have to track back quite a bit.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 3

Love reading Enzo’s pre match pressers, always bang on.

Expect we’ll probably still rotate a few for this one, but honestly Enzo could pick anyone.

Hermansen

Hamza - Faes - Vestergaard - Justin

Casadei - Winks - KDH

Fatawu - Iheanacho - Mavididi

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Good presser, and great update on McAteer (as well as Cannon).

On Sunderland, I would be much more concerned with Jack Clarke than with the ‘new’ Bellingham. He leading the league in scoring playing out wide, and operates on an area of the field we often leave defensive gaps in - the right dude of our defense. Fatawu will likely have to track back quite a bit.

I had heard a rumour that Wout Faes is partial to consuming a White Russian or two before kick-off...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

When we have operated on the levels we have and still do, we are not the club we were in other decades. To think so is to passively accept failure.

I seen this argument pop up when we got relegated. This kind of attitude that we were always a yo-yo team, so what. Leicester City in the 1970s playing in front of a half empty filbert street with Birch and Keith Weller sharing a bath tub is not the Leicester City that's won the Premier League, FA Cup, Community Shield, has a huge wage structure and elite training facilities. To pretend it is just because we have the same name is such a small mentality to have. One that the big clubs would love us to just accept.

I dont blame people for it because the media push that narrative to us constantly. The majority of us on here thought we could get top 4 when Rodgers arrived. No one outside the club did. We looked at the squad and budget and knew it was possible. Just because we are called Leicester we are somehow massively over achieving and should know our place. 

When we get back up we should absolutely be aiming to get back to where we were. 

Spot on and that's why an immediate return is essential despite what some people said.

For clubs like Everton, it'd probably do them good to get relegated as it forces a complete reset and actually allows them to tap into their potential. But for us, we got relegated out of nowhere (I don't mean the signs that were obviously there and how we were trending but more how established we were) from Europe and the undisputed best of the rest so there's still a lot of that reputation and good intact. It means you have the springboard to quickly catch up the others like Villa, West Ham, Brighton etc and overtake them if done right. Global following is more important than ever before and if we had a competent commercial team, we'd have cashed in on that. Social media followings bigger than all those clubs (at least it was during the summer) so that's a lot of potential money and brand exposure sitting there waiting for us.

Fail to get promoted and we're just right back in the rat race with all the other teams if we did eventually get back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Sunderland?

“They are third in the Championship for possession and they are very dangerous on the counter-attack. I expect them to be aggressive. They have very good players, like Bellingham.”

Enzo to go full Pep at full time and go put an arm around Jobe and tell him what a wonderful player he is........:whistle:

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Canon and Praet back and fully fit in January should ease some of our AFCON concerns Re Iheanacho and Ndidi.

Even though I think he has been an abysmal signing, Praet might be quite useful in this side in this league at this tempo. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Cannon available by December would be great. Need him to bed in before Nacho flys out.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Cannon available by December would be great. Need him to bed in before Nacho flys out.

I’d never heard of him before he signed.

What kind of player is he,anyone know?