Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

sunderland match thread

Sunderland have been pressing us a bit harder than most of the teams we’ve faced in this league so far, and I feel that if there’s a way we can be got at, that’s probably it. Of course, it comes with danger to the opposition because if their press fails we have can strike very quickly, which is probably why not many others have tried it at this level (it will be different in the PL, but that’s for another epoch).

We’ve dealt with it pretty well so far, and I suspect that like other teams, Sunderland will tire and hopefully we’ll get more goals in the later stages of the match.

Yes, it should have been a penalty.

• Like 1

Weird because we've not been playing that well, and Sunderland have been the better side. But we could have scored 3 but for their keeper and the woodwork. 

We need to find some of that determination and grit to soak up the pressure and be much more precise and clinical on the break. 

They do build up quite well and have a lot of movement on and off the ball, and it catches us out until we get enough bodies back. 

Ricardo is doing well defensively to cover, but we have been sloppy for too much of the first half. 

Our passing has been poor. Mads is desperate to give them a goal. Definitely the worst half this season, but to be expected after the excellent start.  Sunderland are playing very well and will score tonight. EM has sort this out.  Kel needs subbing as he looks very angry tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

The score is 1-0

It could’ve been 3-0

It could’ve been 1-1

It’s not been remotely “poor”, Sunderland have stuck to a game plan excellently. And yet we still walk into the changing room in a wining position having played (again) some excellent football. 

I really wonder what some people watch. 

Yeah good job I said “by recent standards” wasn’t saying we’d been shit or Enzo out or top sell up. Just saying my thoughts. Get the **** out of here 

Only KDH and Mavididi look anywhere near there best from what I see. Casadei has to do more looks a bit clumsy to me. No real need for Faes to make a challenge there, it's a penalty in the prem with VAR that. Hermansen looks sloppy and a bit slow. Think Vardy and Albrighton are needed, some calm heads. There has been some good build up play

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Our passing has been poor. Mads is desperate to give them a goal. Definitely the worst half this season, but to be expected after the excellent start.  Sunderland are playing very well and will score tonight. EM has sort this out.  Kel needs subbing as he looks very angry tonight.

Agree on Kel.... don't think I have really seem him angry!

• Like 1

Just now, Supergray22 said:

Wasn’t a penalty by Faes. Their lad ran into his leg to get the touch. He didn’t even try to follow the ball

Just seen a replay. That was a penalty and VAR would've had the ref on the monitor. Got away with one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Wasn’t a penalty by Faes. Their lad ran into his leg to get the touch. He didn’t even try to follow the ball

It was a clear penalty, and reckless from Faes because no need to go to ground there, got away with that one 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, mozartfox said:

Feels ridiculous to want this team to slow things down in possession but it's definitely needed.

Iheanacho's been playing well just getting frustrated by being man-handled. Calm him down at half time and he's got a goal/assist in him plus he'll help with controlling the possession a lot more than Vards.

6 minutes ago, woolmerchant said:

Can someone please help me reason with my dad? His assessment at half time.

'Nacho a waste of space. Casadei hiding and Fatawu disappeared'

How to reason with him? I disagree on all points.

You can’t reason with stupid. 

Go upstairs, pack some bags, move in with a fit girl and never look back. 

Edited by Daggers
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Nacho should have buried that

It's a great save from their keeper. Patterson has a future in the Prem imo, similar style to Pickford - could be worth looking into who's training their young keepers up.

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We were 2nd best in that half! Massive respect to Sunderland, to play that way with such a young team shows guts.

Their press will take it out of them, I don't think they can play this way for the full 90 minutes, but likewise this is taking it out of us. Enzo needs to get into them, passes are too sloppy and we are rushing the ball too much. Mads has made some great saves but I think he is going long way too often, which is turning the ball over too quickly. Our best moments come when we get it down and play, or when we win the ball high in their half. We need to impose OUR game here, it's been the opposite so far.

Regardless, this has been a great game! This might be the Championship, but this is a Premier League style match.

It might be a Premier League style match but it’s miles off a Prem League standard match.

Sunderland can’t finish. If they could, how open we are, we’d have conceded two or three that half.

Thats the main difference between the divisions.. chance conversion.

The chance we had were the keeper tipped it onto the post. Good save yes, but we should have buried it.

But we just enjoy the ride for now. We’ll win this league at a canter