Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

sunderland match thread

Just now, mozartfox said:

Surely there is someone else we can give a place to on the bench other than Ward ffs??

Love everything about Maresca but this is one thing that's really pissed me off about him since he's got here. 

Pep used to leave a space on the bench if he'd got injuries as well.

It's almost an insecurity about having the biggest budget and best team in the division. Like some false way of showing everyone you aren't that well off.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi's due an injury, doesn't surprise me. Let's hope it's only minor or a standard illness. 

Maybe it's because I've been listening to the back catalogue of BSLB podcasts but whenever I read a post from you on here I can't help but read it in your voice fella 🤣

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Love everything about Maresca but this is one thing that's really pissed me off about him since he's got here. 

Pep used to leave a space on the bench if he'd got injuries as well.

It's almost an insecurity about having the biggest budget and best team in the division. Like some false way of showing everyone you aren't that well off.

Or a message to the players that there are no free passes here, players who want to be in the match day squad need to earn it.

Im sure if there was a young lad earning that position, they’d get it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Anyone know if any usual starters missing based on Mowbrays comments about 4 players not training?

no Ba or pritchard. 

Ballard is supposed to be a very decent cb, he’s had a fair bit of prem interest. 

Then obviously clarke and robert’s the 2 to watch out for. 

Decent team and i’m sure they won’t just park the bus. You’d have to think it will be our biggest test of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Or a message to the players that there are no free passes here, players who want to be in the match day squad need to earn it.

Im sure if there was a young lad earning that position, they’d get it.

Let's just hope it doesn't come back to haunt him when we need a goal and he looks over to see a goalkeeper where an attacking player could be. 

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Anyone know if any usual starters missing based on Mowbrays comments about 4 players not training?

Going by their fan forum,  it looks like their strongest lineup (apart from long-term injuries).

4 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Bellingham I would guess but don’t know who else. 

Bellingham is JOBE Bellingham