Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

QPR Pre Match

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Ah thanks Stan. Thought it was later for some reason. That's a big shame, but he probably deserves a rest anyway.

Good to hear McAteer's back. Quicker than expected, I think?

Yeah, but we have a lot more depth this season and as big a miss as Ndidi will be, I trust that he'll only be brought back into the fold when fully fit and not risked unnecessarily so.

I think McAteer is back quicker than expected, which is good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Is Yunus fit?

Could be a game to rest KDH and Winks so they aren’t suspended for Leeds, both are 1 yellow away. 

didn't mention Yunus at all did he, I reckon he'll be in the squad tomorrow judging form what enzo said midweek 

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Quite enjoy this, even if it's lost in translation lollol 

...this is also the quote that stands out for me, but it is not the part that you had underlined!!!

“We continue to push because we are winning games. Probably tomorrow we are going to lose. We need to improve. The only way to improve the team is to improve players. We need to be focused on that. It’s more for the fans. We need to be focused and continue to improve because you cannot drop a little bit. The opponents are waiting for us.”

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

The QPR fans hate Ainsworth more than Leicester fans hated Rodgers towards the end. He has truly ruined his legacy at that club, and is totally oblivious to the fact that he probably needs to resign. 

It would arguably be the most 'ever obliging leicester city' moment if we lose tomorrow

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

With Wilf out, that means one or both of Winks and KDH pretty much have to start v QPR, so there's a good chance one or both will miss the Leeds game (if they get booked). Not ideal :dry:

If Yunus is fit, we can maybe bench KDH, and it would have to probably be Hamza or Ricardo starting in the Winks role for him to rest (maybe with the other inverting, maybe even JJ inverting). It does feel like we need another #8, but I’m hoping that will be Alves shortly. Similarly, when fit Braybrooke can step in for Winks with a bit of luck.

Edited by FoxesWalk

25 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

With Wilf out, that means one or both of Winks and KDH pretty much have to start v QPR, so there's a good chance one or both will miss the Leeds game (if they get booked). Not ideal :dry:

Winks has been on 4 bookings for a while, he is quite disciplined and I would expect us to have most of the ball so it could be a tough game to get booked.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Justin?

“JJ got some minutes before Callum’s injury. Southampton away he played from the start. After Callum’s injury, he had more chances. The first time I came to the training ground in June. Everyone was on holiday but JJ was running around the pitch. Who’s this guy? If a guy is here is because he is special.”

Is it possible to love this guy any more? I do hope his injury troubles are behind him.

A good Premier League campaign behind him could easily see him back in the thinking for the national team.

I imagine it's too late for the Euros with them being next summer and we're in the Championship.

But he must be having little thoughts about the World Cup, especially with a dearth of quality centre-backs, injury-prone left-backs, and Trippier and Walker potentially coming towards the tail end of their careers.

14 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What's the record number of goals scored by an away team in the championship?

Almost exactly 9 years ago to the day:

Birmingham City 0 - 8 AFC Bournemouth 

Birmingham were down to 10 men within the first 8 minutes, and Bournemouth had the likes of Callum Wilson and Matt Ritchie in attack then. 

We would need to win 0-9 to break the record :ph34r:

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Is it possible to love this guy any more? I do hope his injury troubles are behind him.

A good Premier League campaign behind him could easily see him back in the thinking for the national team.

I imagine it's too late for the Euros with them being next summer and we're in the Championship.

But he must be having little thoughts about the World Cup, especially with a dearth of quality centre-backs, injury-prone left-backs, and Trippier and Walker potentially coming towards the tail end of their careers.

Personally I think he's well short of an international call up.

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

The QPR fans hate Ainsworth more than Leicester fans hated Rodgers towards the end. He has truly ruined his legacy at that club, and is totally oblivious to the fact that he probably needs to resign. 

It would arguably be the most 'ever obliging leicester city' moment if we lose tomorrow

R’s fans would probably argue it would be the least obliging thing we could do if we contrive tinker them win 🤷

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Quite enjoy this, even if it's lost in translation lollol 

He said after the Sunderland game that "we will lose more than we win."

Maresca seems like a humble guy. He probably can't believe how well the team has been doing. Even Man City drop points, like they recently did to Wolves and Arsenal. Yes it's true they also had seasons where they won 17 games in a row, but during his time there, though they were great, even they slipped up on occasion. So he's preparing himself for it, and he does have a point in that often times the slip up is at an unexpected place. Football is a low-scoring, high variability game, which makes these things inevitable.

I've predicted a 4-0 win to us, so I really hope he is wrong!