Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

QPR Pre Match

8 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

If we can get beaten by Harlow Town we can get beaten by near bottom of the championship table QPR. Obviously, the odds are heavily in our favour, but for everyone’s sake let’s keep our heads and not get ahead of ourselves. 

If the team keep this up we’d effectively be promoted by the transfer window which would encourage ambitious talent to sign for us. Let’s not spoil it by losing our focus,

As Maresca said after the Hull defeat this is real not a game played on a PlayStation 😊 

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

This will be our first draw . They will bring on a 17 year old wunderkind who will build a career based on his heroics against Vesty and Wout ( who let’s face it can’t really defend) 

To be fair Sinclair Armstrong has the physique and unpredictability that could catch them pair out.

From what little I've seen of QPR this year, they've actually been unlucky in a lot of games. Another one of those scrappy, tenacious Rotherham-type clubs that actually have a bit of quality buried somewhere but aren't showing it often enough. Not sure if that's down to Ainsworth's dad-rock style of management or them being absolutely skint and barely able to string a squad together.

Regardless, I feel like today's going to be a tougher game than either us or them realise. Their fans have completely given up and are expecting to be relegated in October, so any hint of a performance against the runaway leaders will get their tails up. It would be bloody typical for us to take the form book and shove it up our own arse. lol

• Like 1

Winning is a habit.  Losing is a habit.  We have better quality players and a better manager.  Our team will expect to win even if we go a goal down.  QPR may fear to lose even if they go a goal up.

The current regime isn't working for them and they need a change pretty urgently.  They've been a big team before and have the potential to be so again.  I first saw them at Filbert Street when they had Rodney Marsh and Stan Bowles in the side and they were a force to be reckoned with.  

Provided we turn up, and I can't see Enzo putting out a side that wouldn't, we have a great chance.  And if we win and that promotes changes within QPR then both sides will benefit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Flying Scotsmen just outside Euston. Get your 50p pieces for the entertainment cup.

Then onto the ground/area via tube.

(Might have closed down 20+ years ago)

Was a quid a go when I last went!

I think it's closed down now, shame was a mecca for all sports fans. Great times!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

These 3 point are worth no less then the Leeds 3 points.

It's not who we get the points off, it's how many we get.

To many focusing on the Leeds game, I'd understand if they were 3 points behind not 14......

The game against Leeds is worth more as it directly affects the points total of our closest competition for automatic promotion. If we lose against leeds then they gain 3 points on us, if we lose against QPR leeds could still draw or lose and it wont have made much of a difference in terms of promotion.

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

These 3 point are worth no less then the Leeds 3 points.

It's not who we get the points off, it's how many we get.

To many focusing on the Leeds game, I'd understand if they were 3 points behind not 14......

Agree with this. The worst thing we could do is rotate by not respecting the opposition. That way we could find ourselves dropping in both games. I expect rotation because the players need it and Enzo has a rotation policy, but i don't think the number of yellows will dictate the full lineup. 

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

The game against Leeds is worth more as it directly affects the points total of our closest competition for automatic promotion. If we lose against leeds then they gain 3 points on us, if we lose against QPR leeds could still draw or lose and it wont have made much of a difference in terms of promotion.

The only thing that matters is our final point total, our start has put us in control.

We could put our focus on the Leeds game, lose the QPR game and still lose the Leeds game.

The next game is alway the most important one.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, lcfc-fan1126 said:

Surely winks or kdh get rested if not both

Both on 4 yellows and can't afford to have either of them missing vs leeds

If it’s 6 more games before the reset, then what is the benefit of being worried or resting playing for that reason. It will either happen or not happen. If a player is rested because of fears of a suspension, then that is just a self inflicted suspension.

Edited by tinpot_fox
Autospell error
  • Like 2

Our season won't be defined by how we perform in a handful of head to head games against our closest rivals. It will be defined by how much we can relentlessly churn out good results over 46 games. If we're consistent enough those formerly mentioned games will prove irrelevant. 

3 points please ... and move on to the next game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, surrifox said:

This will be our first draw . They will bring on a 17 year old wunderkind who will build a career based on his heroics against Vesty and Wout ( who let’s face it can’t really defend) 

Vesty has found his level I’m afraid. Championship football with no pressure on the ball. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The only thing that matters is our final point total, our start has put us in control.

We could put our focus on the Leeds game, lose the QPR game and still lose the Leeds game.

The next game is alway the most important one.

This. We just need to get to 90 points as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

and Stan Bowles in the side and they were a force to be reckoned with.  

He was certainly a force to be reckoned with gun in hand, still pissed up from the night before, during the shooting contest on Superstars. 

Edited by SpacedX
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Can see it being 0-0 at half time and people predicting a landslide being a little panicked.

Will be one of those 2-0 wins where we break them down eventually.

We usually concede within the first 5 minutes. There really isn’t much to break down, either. Three consecutive passes normally does it.

Exhibit number one, M’Lord;

No further comment required.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Think this will be tougher than some think. They’ve got nothing to lose and will raise their game. 

Personally I think that their players are going to be so dejected and almost have conceded defeat before we kick off. Also could be the final game for Ainsworth. At least I hope that is going to be the case.