Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

QPR (A) - Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Tomek said:

I'm surprised to see Winks and KDH in the team as they are both on 4 yellows.

We run the risk of going into the game against Leeds without Winks, KDH and Ndidi. 

It's an exercise in discipline for the two of them. Enzo has said QPR is 3 points and Leeds are 3 points. He learns if KDH and Winks can be disciplined enough to not get a yellow, he learns if they do get a yellow who else could step up for the rest of the season. He approaches every game the same  in mental approach , let's worry about today not tomorrow.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 4

Just now, Chelmofox said:

As someone said previously, if you rest players in fear of a suspension, you are effectively suspending them for games. 3 points here is as important as 3 points against Leeds.  

You could argue that 3pts here is more important. Getting them on the board is the important bit. The Leeds game will be what it is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

As someone said previously, if you rest players in fear of a suspension, you are effectively suspending them for games. 3 points here is as important as 3 points against Leeds.  

Well enzo said he will only rest those that are tired, true to his word. And yes 3 points is 3 points, so maybe having your best players on and making things a bit more comfortable is best. Hopefully they don’t get booked though 

Just been talking to a couple of rangers fans. They are saying their fans will be happy if it’s 5 or less today. They said if we score an early goal they’re fans. Will become toxic towards the manager. They have no decent centre back or a striker. 

so guess they will win lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I say its more important to take 3 points off the team in 3rd than the team 3rd from bottom. 

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Only worry is that we don't really have any replacements to sub on for them later in the game if we're winning.

Hamza to move into midfield Ricardo to right back. And if need to drop butch back and put ihenacho in number 10 rome

Just now, Spudulike said:

I say its more important to take 3 points off the team in 3rd than the team 3rd from bottom. 

I get both sides to be honest, you can say that today we can afford to rest those 2 because we have a good chance of winning without them still. While if neither are available for Leeds well that game becomes a hell of a lot harder. We will see how things go 

Surprised not to see Alves on the bench - I hear he is training with the squad.

With Ndidi out for an extended period, Yunus not fit, Winks & KDH - just a yellow away from suspension and Choudhary our only full back cover for 2 injury prone full backs - Alves may be needed before we know it.

7 minutes ago, Tomek said:

I'm surprised to see Winks and KDH in the team as they are both on 4 yellows.

We run the risk of going into the game against Leeds without Winks, KDH and Ndidi. 

I wonder whether he sees this game as more important in a way. Leeds is going to be probably the hardest game and potential to lose regardless of how strong the line up is.

Win today and lose to Leeds we stay 11pts clear of them, mess with the midfield too much today to concentrate on Leeds, could put us in a position to drop points twice and there reduce the gap further maybe?

That being said, surprised to see them both start myself.. thought at least one may miss out..

Let's smash em 3 or 4 nil

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Just been talking to a couple of rangers fans. They are saying their fans will be happy if it’s 5 or less today. They said if we score an early goal they’re fans. Will become toxic towards the manager. They have no decent centre back or a striker. 

so guess they will win lol 

ill take that.

image.png.3740fc016a05130c9c36e2a6daefcfb6.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Surprised not to see Alves on the bench - I hear he is training with the squad.

With Ndidi out for an extended period, Yunus not fit, Winks & KDH - just a yellow away from suspension and Choudhary our only full back cover for 2 injury prone full backs - Alves may be needed before we know it.

He won't be quite ready just yet. Training is one thing. Match fitness is another.

He'll be in soon enough though I think. Get the sense that Enzo is a fan 🥳