Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leeds Pre Match - Friday 3rd November

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's going to be a frenetic game I'd have thought. I share the same fears bit have to put trust in Maresca and these players who have developed an astonishing toughness and resilience in just a few months.

We need pace in the back 4 for Friday and play our game and we'll cause them just as many problems as they cause us, if not more.

I agree, we should learn to trust Maresca, but as amazing as we’ve been, and this will sound really stupid, but there’s just something still amiss, something that out opposition haven’t been able to take advantage of because they’re frankly shite. Leeds will more than likely continue to be erratic, but I’ve got this feeling they will be that team who are able to go toe to toe with us, on those one off games. 

We certainly do, Leeds width I’d say is better than ours, they just suck in the striking department. 

Having said all of that, we could go and smash it? That’s the thing. 

If we do win, I think that’s it….. it will be cruise control until we seal the deal.

I’m expecting a tough game and we’ll need a big shift from our wingers as they will need to track back as well as force Leeds wingers back the other way. With that in mind it’s great news that Mcateer and hopefully Akgun are available 

intrigued to see which way round JJ and Ricardo play - could see them switching mid-game depending on how Leeds set up. 

If we pass the ball quickly and get in the right areas we can hurt them, their attack on the counter worries me however 

29 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I’m expecting a tough game and we’ll need a big shift from our wingers as they will need to track back as well as force Leeds wingers back the other way. With that in mind it’s great news that Mcateer and hopefully Akgun are available 

intrigued to see which way round JJ and Ricardo play - could see them switching mid-game depending on how Leeds set up. 

If we pass the ball quickly and get in the right areas we can hurt them, their attack on the counter worries me however 

They tore the Stoke defence to pieces 😂

48 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Difference is per 90 but I still don’t understand how it works to make us go from best to 4th??

i did a short research project developing a basic xG model while i was at uni. stuff like not distinguishing headers, players between ball and goal, goalkeeper set position etc can make a huge difference.

opta also does some clever stuff with how they deal with chances in quick succession which probably makes a difference.

If they come out at us like Sunderland did we have to be ruthless in front of goal and not miss sitters.

Its a matter of time before we either miss too many and get punished or absolutely pulverise someone.

I obviously hope its the later and who better than the mighty lids to feel Enzo's wrath!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charl91 said:

It makes a lot of sense when you realise that have Meslier in goal. 

We have an excellent keeper, Leeds have the opposite. 

Spot on. It’s not rocket science that he has made a lot of difference this season. 

I am expecting a tough game Friday night and it will be  the best marker we have had so far this season of our recent progress. It’s not a must win game though. I would feel more comfortable if Wilf was fit and available. His experience and athleticism would be a big plus in this one.