Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leeds Pre Match - Friday 3rd November

3 hours ago, SpacedX said:

The issue here is that, as I pointed out in the QPR post-match thread, the return of McAteer means that if Fatawu is to retain his place it means that he starts on the left, which we've seen before and clearly isn't his preference. He's more combative and direct than Mavididi, which is one of the main reasons that I think people prefer him, but any edge that he has over Stephy is likely negated by playing him out of position. Also, I don't think that Wilf is fully fit for this one so expect Casadei instead. 

McAteer can play on either side I'm sure, and Abdul can stay on the right. Missing Wilf would be huge, not sure Casadei is good enough just yet.

3 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Think you have to go Mavididi and Fatawu for this game.

They like to get their full backs to push forward into midfield to create a box with their 2 CMs. Their CBs split, the DM drops, and the keeper plays a high line to create a diamond. They have triangles all over the pitch. 

If we stick with Mavididi and Fatawu they face a dilemma as both are rapid and Rodon and Strujk will struggle in a foot race against them. As such their FBs will have to drop back-in which will disrupt their shape. It'll also give us the numerical advantage in midfield as neither Summerville and Gnonto/James will want to track back to cover the space. If they do drop, again it benefits us as it'll negate the counter as they'll have to run from deeper positions. 

On their day they are certainly a dangerous side particularly on the counter. However, if we frustrate them they can be very average. 

One thing for sure is we will need a better performance than last Saturday if we are to come away with the 3 points. 

Have you seen Mcateer? He's certainly not slow 

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Have you seen Mcateer? He's certainly not slow 

No but Mavididi is quicker and both are better at one on ones and probably both better at tying up a full back. 

I'd obviously back McAteer to finish over Fatawu if there's space in behind for him to ghost in to though. 

I imagine we'll start Mavididi and Fatawu and bring Kacey off the bench if he's fit to be in the squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, SpacedX said:

Not sure that the manager will see it that way. 

In fairness, he's played both McAteer and Fatawu on both the left and the right. I think Mavididi might be the only one we've not seen swap sides which makes sense given all their respective skill sets. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Think you have to go Mavididi and Fatawu for this game.

They like to get their full backs to push forward into midfield to create a box with their 2 CMs. Their CBs split, the DM drops, and the keeper plays a high line to create a diamond. They have triangles all over the pitch. 

If we stick with Mavididi and Fatawu they face a dilemma as both are rapid and Rodon and Strujk will struggle in a foot race against them. As such their FBs will have to drop back-in which will disrupt their shape. It'll also give us the numerical advantage in midfield as neither Summerville and Gnonto/James will want to track back to cover the space. If they do drop, again it benefits us as it'll negate the counter as they'll have to run from deeper positions. 

On their day they are certainly a dangerous side particularly on the counter. However, if we frustrate them they can be very average. 

One thing for sure is we will need a better performance than last Saturday if we are to come away with the 3 points. 

I agree in part with your thoughts, but take into account Enzo's ideas. 

This squad has not yet ( thankfully), given any inkling to the fans  what Enzo believes his no1 preferred team. I still believe he sill wants to tweak & experiment with the whole squad & not discount any individual, or various selected teams, potential or different set up according to opposition. 

We the fans are enjoying Mavadidi, Fatawu pairing, but we have also Agun & Mr pleasant early suprise Mcateer. 

Then we must take Enzo's individual thoughts towards Ndidi/Casadei/KDH. 

Just because some fans see from their perspective the obvious, doesn't mean Enzo & team management have that same "obvious" in team make up or GameDay selection... 

IMO its far too early for fans to even analyze or judge any preconcieved

FIRST Choice team.. 

Even ( which it won't) if the squad or certain positions remains injury free, We will still see 2-4, changes every week. 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 29/10/2023 at 14:45, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I'm not sure how much involvement Enzo had.

So much on his plate at the moment, he'd probably give a nod maybe but it'd be down to Rudkin IMO

Didn't set the world alight at Watford and is largely guided now by Vesterguaard, but OK as a shut up shop last 10 minute ankle biting squad player

No way on god's green earth did rudkin decide whether he is the right player for us long term and hiw long we wanted to keep him for.

Enzo will know in broad brush terms how many pound notes he has to spend on what areas, wages, fees etc, what he needed to sell, and would have decided if he is worth keeping around and for how long m, depending on what it costs.

The only way this gets to rudkin for a decision Is if the scouting/stats depth decide it is worth a punt to get a fee but imo this was Enzo's decision whether its a yay or a nay and shirt/medium/long term and rudkin just sees whether it can be done according to a budget.

He clearly rates him enough to want him around, as he is an active player in the team that is tearing the league a few new arseholes.

Edited by gw_leics772

4 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Haven't you heard, Summerville scored twice against Huddersfield so he's better than prime Neymar. 

Who has made this comparison apart from you ironically? 

He’s 5 highest goal scorer in the league, higher than any of ours with 6 goals and 4 assists in 11 games. 

There’s not many from their side who’d get into ours and a combined 11 is most certainly dominated by us. But to not realise that Summerville is a very good player, who would get in our side and who if we don’t have a plan for him will cause us problems, is just silly.

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I agree in part with your thoughts, but take into account Enzo's ideas. 

This squad has not yet ( thankfully), given any inkling to the fans  what Enzo believes his no1 preferred team. I still believe he sill wants to tweak & experiment with the whole squad & not discount any individual, or various selected teams, potential or different set up according to opposition. 

We the fans are enjoying Mavadidi, Fatawu pairing, but we have also Agun & Mr pleasant early suprise Mcateer. 

Then we must take Enzo's individual thoughts towards Ndidi/Casadei/KDH. 

Just because some fans see from their perspective the obvious, doesn't mean Enzo & team management have that same "obvious" in team make up or GameDay selection... 

IMO its far too early for fans to even analyze or judge any preconcieved

FIRST Choice team.. 

Even ( which it won't) if the squad or certain positions remains injury free, We will still see 2-4, changes every week. 

I don't necessarily disagree with the idea of needing to switch things up occasionally and actually advocate rotation (something I felt Rodgers completely failed to do). However I think for this game specifically given Leeds setup and strength in the attacking third we have to go with explosive wingers who are good in a one v one to stop them executing their game plan.

The selection needs to be dictated by their shape and as mentioned they like to get the FBs into midfield so they have more passing angles. If we can pin the FBs in we'll dominate the midfield unless their wide attackers drop in to support which would leave Rutter and Piroe isolated. 

I suspect they'll try and target Winks to stop him transitioning the ball through the midfield which may then allow them to push the FBs on regardless as there will be less threat in terms of getting our wide men one v one with their CBs. KDH and presumably Casadei will have to work hard to screen Winks. The ace in the pack for us is Vestergaard who can break lines and play those incisive balls from a deeper position which will help hugely if Winks is singled out. 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2023 at 23:37, JonesLCFC said:

We didn't struggle much agaisnt them last season with an arguably worse team.

I had a look on the back of this comment.

Not a bad record going back 13 years considering this os against "MASSIVE" Leeds.

Think it might be time we start to realise how good we are and have been for a prolonged period now.

Screenshot_20231103_123412_FotMob.thumb.jpg.d6a5d7f018e51324aeb4b4d706cbd316.jpg

This lot are getting it!

Edited by gw_leics772
Left the screenshot off!
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, he's played both McAteer and Fatawu on both the left and the right. I think Mavididi might be the only one we've not seen swap sides which makes sense given all their respective skill sets. 

I don't recall McAteer playing on the left. That could be a possibility then. 

I hope we smash these *****.  Their fans seem to be stuck so far in the past.  Only ever talk about fighting and how big a club they are yet they have not been relevant since about 2001.

They still believe that player for player they have a better team than us and we have been lucky. I expect we will show them for what they are tomorrow night.  4-0 Vardy hat-trick incoming with the last one being celebrated in font of their fans. Cue their neanderthal fans trying to attack him.  The bunch of bellends.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Who has made this comparison apart from you ironically? 

He’s 5 highest goal scorer in the league, higher than any of ours with 6 goals and 4 assists in 11 games. 

There’s not many from their side who’d get into ours and a combined 11 is most certainly dominated by us. But to not realise that Summerville is a very good player, who would get in our side and who if we don’t have a plan for him will cause us problems, is just silly.

Mate I was making the point Leeds fans elevate each of their players to ridiculous levels. 2 goals and 2 assists were against Huddersfield last week which distorts his stats a bit. He's a decent player but their levels of confidence in general and for this game would make it so so satisfying to put them in their place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Mate I was making the point Leeds fans elevate each of their players to ridiculous levels. 2 goals and 2 assists were against Huddersfield last week which distorts his stats a bit. He's a decent player but their levels of confidence in general and for this game would make it so so satisfying to put them in their place.

Their fans are definitely a different breed! 

Apologies, I thought you were referring to our fans! There seems to be a section of our fans who object to anything positive said about anything non Leicester and take it as a slight on us. 

He did score a couple of impressive finishes against Norwich. I’d take him in our side but as I say, only because I feel he is more productive than Mavididi.

• Like 1

IMO.. In fact no doubt about it, no matter, what Leeds hate, runs on this forum, often due not Club Leeds, but immature Leeds-bias media,

Leeds are a worthy opponent, fans no more arrogant and bias banter than we dish out.. 

Of teams in the championship, they belong  to top 3,that guarantee some type of decent competition  of making a decent challenge in the PL, creating another new era. And not with Arab millions, a sort of kinship of our own. 

Newcastle can now dream, but with massive influx of Pennies, that only 2%

of clubs have access to. 

Spurs, with  A. Villa are doing it  their way.. Goodluck to them, they ain't got that high financial clout, not even of their neighbour's Arsenal.. 

Leeds old high tradition is keeping them ticking,and aiming high unlike Leicester who fought their way through the mire..... 

But together, with maybe the new Brighton are the type of teams & clubs, with new era Fulham and Brentford, are keeping to a certain extent, our PL Honest.. 

Has a football fan, not just a single tribal pre-occupation.. I enjoy all fazits of football and the different teams making up our present day game... 

Being an old codger I have seen so many changes on the football compass. 

I can't take any bragging rights, or fall into the victim mode, without all this hype in the various sports we follow, plus our leagues in fooball. 

No opposition.. No small, or large achievements, worse than anything, no worthwhile memories... 

I see Leeds as our partner in crime, an equal brother one enjoys fighting.. 

• Like 2

On 30/10/2023 at 13:53, AKCJ said:

Buzzing for this game. I think we're the two best teams in the league on their day.

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Casadei KDH Mavididi

Vardy

I would say that's full strength with the Doyle and Ndidi injuries. Wouldn't hate to see McAteer play on the left either if he's ready to start.

Agree but think mcateer wins his place back soon.

1 hour ago, Basildon Fox said:

I hope we smash these *****.  Their fans seem to be stuck so far in the past.  Only ever talk about fighting and how big a club they are yet they have not been relevant since about 2001.

They still believe that player for player they have a better team than us and we have been lucky. I expect we will show them for what they are tomorrow night.  4-0 Vardy hat-trick incoming with the last one being celebrated in font of their fans. Cue their neanderthal fans trying to attack him.  The bunch of bellends.

Nice idea, and I'd love it, but cant see Vardy bagging a hat-trick, in this match or any, now days, could be wrong off course.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

No but Mavididi is quicker and both are better at one on ones and probably both better at tying up a full back. 

I'd obviously back McAteer to finish over Fatawu if there's space in behind for him to ghost in to though. 

I imagine we'll start Mavididi and Fatawu and bring Kacey off the bench if he's fit to be in the squad. 

WITH this new squad  diverse permatations, I am not willing to fall into any trap of my opinions staying bombastic and singular to our players flexability, and development. 

Oher side of New year, I am sure our opinion & analyze of players will change...