Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leeds Pre Match - Friday 3rd November

On 31/10/2023 at 08:00, tinpot_fox said:

At this point, I reckon this is a far bigger game for Leeds than it is for us. Lose and we could muddle through to 2nd somehow or other if we had a loss of form (even though the most common comment is that we have never actually been in form, just second gear). Leeds could potentially lose quite a few places in the league after this game. Obviously I’d prefer to win this game and continue a fantastic run. Also, I’ve found some Leeds fans to be insufferable, so them losing always makes me smile 😃 

Wow, they could mathematically slip to 8th. 🤞 (Not checked who is playing who though, don't care enough 🤣)

• Like 1

On 30/10/2023 at 20:02, Jobyfox said:

I think people forget these details. 

The last two or three seasons we’ve had a glut of significant injuries. We can only hope that our most important players avoid long term absences this season, but it’s been a while since we’ve achieved that.

These absences could easily affect form and the gap, at the moment, is just a great insurance policy. That’s also because there are 46 games in the Championship. That’s 32 games left to go. 

Screenshot_20231102_154340_Chrome.jpg.649eaa252b9350c39e199c756d5d86af.jpg

(Yesh that's what they said under brendan)

Edited by gw_leics772

On 31/10/2023 at 08:03, fuchsntf said:

but I am being sort of entitled and going against my own vanity and creating /forcing a flow of thought... THAT Promotion is a forgone conclusion.. Then throwing in an entitled stance..

HOW DO WE PREVENT.. the type of carpet scenario we are seeing with the promoted teams.. 

Is this normal Leeds fixture and topic A backbreaker..?? 

I get this and understand the last th8ng we want is to turn into entitled fans, BUT...

I genuinely think this season will set us up for the Premier league and hopefully we get so much possession and beat so many low blocks, high presses etc that we are so comfortable on the ball that our style will work against all but the best next season. (A la Liverpool)

I genuinely.am getting bored, ilif this is what being as successful as man City is all about (doing it the way they did it) I don't want it. To know that on your day you can beat anyone in the league comfortably and you need to have an off day while they play out of their skins, that your players and also half your bench would walk into 90% of the teams you are facing week in week out.

I genuinely believe we are a mid table prem side as things stand, and that's before improving and the next 2 transfer windows.

Just enjoying the progression, it's all that's left. We will only beat ourselves this season in the league.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I get this and understand the last th8ng we want is to turn into entitled fans, BUT...

I genuinely think this season will set us up for the Premier league and hopefully we get so much possession and beat so many low blocks, high presses etc that we are so comfortable on the ball that our style will work against all but the best next season. (A la Liverpool)

I genuinely.am getting bored, ilif this is what being as successful as man City is all about (doing it the way they did it) I don't want it. To know that on your day you can beat anyone in the league comfortably and you need to have an off day while they play out of their skins, that your players and also half your bench would walk into 90% of the teams you are facing week in week out.

I genuinely believe we are a mid table prem side as things stand, and that's before improving and the next 2 transfer windows.

Just enjoying the progression, it's all that's left. We will only beat ourselves this season in the league.

...totally get what you are saying, I do think that to have all the money available to us like Manchester City would be something that I would not wish for this club!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

WITH this new squad  diverse permatations, I am not willing to fall into any trap of my opinions staying bombastic and singular to our players flexability, and development. 

Oher side of New year, I am sure our opinion & analyze of players will change... 

IMG_2304.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 31/10/2023 at 08:22, Pick Good Name Later said:

I don’t disagree on your points re squad depth and young players. 

Re our form dropping off a cliff. I’d hope not, but it’s possible.

I’m not sure this explains why Ipswich could be caught though? 

Try this one. We are expected to keep it up due to where we came from. They are expected to do the opposite for the same reason.

For Ipswich to continue in the same form is akin to when we won the Premier, unexpected completely to the point of being unlikely.

Even we can't belelieve it happened.

They will have as much trepidation as we did when we won the Premier league.

Us, expected and expect to continue. You don't like it, but it isnthe general consensus. And for a reason.

These things just don't happen.

Did it really happen? Did we actually win the Premier league. The answer is of course **** yeah, we did. But i still can't believe it and do not expect to so it ever again. Certainly not like that 

• Like 1

On 31/10/2023 at 08:25, Babylon said:

There would be 31 games and 93 points to play for. Can people stop with the "insurmountable" stuff because it's in no way shape or form impossible to overcome. 

It's almost like people have forgotten the points swing we had against Man U only a few seasons ago. 

Apples and oranges to be fair mate 

Simple answer there is brendan.

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Yellow winter ball tomorrow.

Leicester City’s Championship clash against Leeds United will be the first game of the season to use a new ‘high visibility’ winter ball, the EFL have confirmed.

The new ball will be used throughout the winter, with the policy reintroduced to the EFL for the first time since the 2018/19 season. Over the last few seasons, bright match balls have only been used during low visibility or in extreme weather conditions.

But in a change this season, all EFL games will use the Puma Orbita 1 Hi Vis Sky Bet match balls up until mid-February. City’s match against Leeds will be the first to use the new ball with all other EFL games following suit over the weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Leeds

Leeds?

“If you remember before QPR, you asked about Winks and Dewsbury-Hall being on four yellow cards and I said that QPR was three points. So Leeds is just another game. It’s three points.”

Special night?

“It’s a special night, but I don’t see any difference from the Sunderland game. It’s the same amount of points. Three points QPR and three points tomorrow.”

I can't help but think of Enzo as M.Bison when being asked about this game:

84p4wo.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Agree but think mcateer wins his place back soon.

One thing that Enzo gets right is bringing back people slowly from injury. Too often in recent years we have rushed people back, then they were out for months.

He is a fan of squad rotation before injuries become serious. I think the squad know and recognise this. 

• Like 1

On 31/10/2023 at 09:05, Ted Maul said:

I'd forgotten about Praet and, realistically, he should be one of the best midfielders in the league lol will he be back by then?

@Mark we need a reaction to a reaction because when i saw a laugh reaction, and lo and behold, it was you, i chuckled

Edited by gw_leics772
****ing fat fingered ****muppet. Oh, and bullies, big bad nasty bullies

On 31/10/2023 at 09:22, daddylonglegs said:

Completely agree. I actually felt a big sense of 'Norwich 2019' against QPR at the weekend. Looked like we thought we'd rock up and slap them. 

Hopefully Enzo gave them an earful at half time and that sparked a change in fortunes in the second half. 

It's absurd for people to think even promotion is an absolute lock at this stage. There's about 100 points to play for. 

So you're saying we'll probably finish on about 140 points, good call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/10/2023 at 09:47, Devonfox1884 said:

I hope the players don’t have the same mentality as some in this thread. There’s every chance we could go on a poor run and be caught. I don’t think it will happen, but to write off the possibility at this stage is at best naive.

I hope the players aren't looking forward to going straight to the pub after work, get shitfaced and then rock up to the match.

I am quietly confident though that as their job is professional footballer in a team that is currently paissing the league, we should be alright.

• Haha 1