Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leeds Pre Match - Friday 3rd November

26 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

@Mark we need a reaction t9 a reaction because when o saw a laigh reaction, and lo and behold.it was you, i chuckled

I’ve been saying this for YEARS. This place has been crying out for a reaction t9. And YES someone finally agrees with me! -It IS because ‘when o saw a laigh!’  So there. Blue Army!!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I get this and understand the last th8ng we want is to turn into entitled fans, BUT...

I genuinely think this season will set us up for the Premier league and hopefully we get so much possession and beat so many low blocks, high presses etc that we are so comfortable on the ball that our style will work against all but the best next season. (A la Liverpool)

I genuinely.am getting bored, ilif this is what being as successful as man City is all about (doing it the way they did it) I don't want it. To know that on your day you can beat anyone in the league comfortably and you need to have an off day while they play out of their skins, that your players and also half your bench would walk into 90% of the teams you are facing week in week out.

I genuinely believe we are a mid table prem side as things stand, and that's before improving and the next 2 transfer windows.

Just enjoying the progression, it's all that's left. We will only beat ourselves this season in the league.

I worry that when we go up we will get constantly pasted. We are playing like Man City, and it works because we have by far the strongest squad in league and our players are generally a level above the oppostion in the clinical areas of the pitch. When we get promoted, we won't have that advantage and the system may not work when you are on a technical par with the opposition, rather than being far superior techncially.

43 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hermansen 

Faes          Coady      Justin

Ricardo      Winks 

Casadei     KDH

Fatawu            Goat         Mavididi

...Casadei is still a question mark, Yunus is a more creative and progressive player!!!

27 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Why? We're a better side and at home, granted it's a tougher test than most but I think many of us are searching for an opportunity for things to start to go wrong.

Not searching, just a gut feeling which I hope I'm wrong about! 

I have confidence that Maresca would have covered all bases to overcome Leeds, but then I think Leeds are coming into some form and create lots of chances, and their attack is very potent especially with Summerville and Rutter. 

I hope we have the sharpness and slickness in our game to beat them. It'd be so satisfying! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not searching, just a gut feeling which I hope I'm wrong about! 

I have confidence that Maresca would have covered all bases to overcome Leeds, but then I think Leeds are coming into some form and create lots of chances, and their attack is very potent especially with Summerville and Rutter. 

I hope we have the sharpness and slickness in our game to beat them. It'd be so satisfying! 

Think you said the same before Sunderland too. I felt it before Sunderland. Currently feel somewhat bullish for tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Due to an almighty cock-up I’m not able to watch this tomorrow. I don’t have sky so wondered if anyone knows where I can download a copy of the stream/match after the game on Friday night/Saturday?

It's unlikely you'll get the full match anywhere unless you know someone that can record it from Sky for you. The highlights will be out of LCFC youtube channel on Saturday or Sunday.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Think you said the same before Sunderland too. I felt it before Sunderland. Currently feel somewhat bullish for tomorrow.

Possibly. I think I said Clarke was their main threat and if we can handle him we'll be fine. 

But Leeds have considerably more threats! 

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Possibly. I think I said Clarke was their main threat and if we can handle him we'll be fine. 

But Leeds have considerably more threats! 

The one team that have properly turned them over is Southampton. A team who try to strangle control of games and look to wear teams down, we're even better at it than them. 

If Leeds get an early goal I'd be worried but if we start we'll then I'm confident we can get the 3 points.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The one team that have properly turned them over is Southampton. A team who try to strangle control of games and look to wear teams down, we're even better at it than them. 

If Leeds get an early goal I'd be worried but if we start we'll then I'm confident we can get the 3 points.

Reading between the lines of EM’s press conference I think that’s exactly how we’re going to approach this. It sounds like there might be lots of patient passing. 

Leeds are going to press high and hope to do us over in transition. If they execute their chances well they could hurt us but, if we keep our discipline, we can take the points. 

The longer it stays 0-0 the more optimistic I’ll get that we will prevail. It’s strange that I almost feel that it might be better than us scoring early as I feel Leeds best chance is committing to attack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

I worry that when we go up we will get constantly pasted. We are playing like Man City, and it works because we have by far the strongest squad in league and our players are generally a level above the oppostion in the clinical areas of the pitch. When we get promoted, we won't have that advantage and the system may not work when you are on a technical par with the opposition, rather than being far superior techncially.

Well that's pissed on my optimism. Cheers chap 🤣

• Haha 1