Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leeds Pre Match - Friday 3rd November

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Had the same regrets, for  my oiginal

James Bond car, then togeher with two of my cousins, our whole, Dinky, corgie, matchbox collections.. 

I believe Cannon & Ball, were the last double act, I saw in UK.. 

I saw them "live" a couple of times, when they were in their heyday and once on a sort of comeback tour... Well before any Apollo theater act.. 

Bloody funny.. Hey Tommy! 

I manged somehow to keep hold of two unopened vintage Kenner Star Wars figures thank God. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

We did play an inverted FB against Sunderland? Ricardo just swapped to the other side I thought? 

I was working that night so really just had it on in the background but as far as I recall, the fullbacks stayed wide. Ricardo didn't come into CM and JJ stayed wide as a four. Although they did switch sides (a couple of times IIRC).

I could be wrong though but that's how I saw it at a glance. 

Just now, Scotch said:

I was working that night so really just had it on in the background but as far as I recall, the fullbacks stayed wide. Ricardo didn't come into CM and JJ stayed wide as a four. Although they did switch sides (a couple of times IIRC).

I could be wrong though but that's how I saw it at a glance. 

Ricardo still inverted for most of the game just from LB rather than RB.

It was only later in the game we were more of an traditional back 4.

• Like 2

I’ll snatch your hand off for a point tonight. I’ve got a horrible feeling that’s I’ve not had since last season. 

It sounds silly saying it, but I can’t help but think there’s still a fragility about us that no one has exposed yet, Sunderland had a go…. But Leeds as inconsistent as they have been have some very dangerous players in their ranks. I just have this feeling they will take us apart tonight, good and proper 3 or 4-0…… 

I think win, would pretty much finish the title race off, draw would be alright as well. It’s not so much losing that concerns me, you can take a tight loss, but I just have a fear Leeds are quite capable of dishing out more than a tight loss if we’re not 100% at the races, and that’s what concerns me, because that could derail us. 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Ricardo still inverted for most of the game just from LB rather than RB.

It was only later in the game we were more of an traditional back 4.

My bad. Like i said, i was working whilst watching it. You've exposed my inability to multi task!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ll snatch your hand off for a point tonight. I’ve got a horrible feeling that’s I’ve not had since last season. 

It sounds silly saying it, but I can’t help but think there’s still a fragility about us that no one has exposed yet, Sunderland had a go…. But Leeds as inconsistent as they have been have some very dangerous players in their ranks. I just have this feeling they will take us apart tonight, good and proper 3 or 4-0…… 

I think win, would pretty much finish the title race off, draw would be alright as well. It’s not so much losing that concerns me, you can take a tight loss, but I just have a fear Leeds are quite capable of dishing out more than a tight loss if we’re not 100% at the races, and that’s what concerns me, because that could derail us. 

I hope you're saying that on the basis it won't happen. 

I'm expecting us to raise our game tonight and although I accept it could go either way and Leeds have a good front line I think we'll be too good for them 

I can see another tight 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 to us 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I hope you're saying that on the basis it won't happen. 

I'm expecting us to raise our game tonight and although I accept it could go either way and Leeds have a good front line I think we'll be too good for them 

I can see another tight 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 to us 

I’m really hoping so…… if we win, I think that’s it, we won’t lose again this season…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Very much on this page 

we’ve seen many times this season that the opposition have not got the ability to turn openings into opportunities or opportunities into goals.  This evening we face a number of prem quality players.  They could easily expose our defensive weaknesses (which we are all aware of). 

on the other side of the coin, we know that we’ve got other gears to find and maybe a challenge such as Leeds will enable us to raise our game. 

expect a roller coaster !  Even if we are beaten, our brilliant start means that it only need be a blip (as per hull) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

What literally? I mean I’m no fan but that is a tad harsh on the lad. 

Now you’re just being silly. 

I simply meant we should ease him in gently after injury. He might not fire straightaway and we shouldn’t expect an explosive debut. It will be quite a competitive game and there will be a few gunning for him. 

After a long period out with injury we don’t want to rush him or burn him out. We need him ready to go and not shell shocked for the rest of the season 

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Dear oh dear really?  Leeds do have some good players, but really?  Have faith in your own team.  If Leeds play anything like they did at Stoke away we will batter them.  Good going forward but their defence and keeper Meisler, looked awful.  

If we lose it will be by one at most not a 4 0 battering.

Have faith in your own team.

Edited by suffolk fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m at a wedding tonight so I can’t watch. Really annoyed given its a big and tough game. I can’t sneak off either or watch it on my phone because there’s only 4 of us involved (including the bride, groom and wife). Absolute shocker.

If they were real friends they would understand. Ffs it's only a wedding and they will probably both do it again. How often does a game like this come round

• Haha 3

So far this season the majority of our home games have been us keeping the ball for long periods (except Sunderland) and us trying to break down teams that sit very deep and have everyone behind the ball. Away games have been very different in that the home team feel obliged to have a go and that has left us space to exploit like we don't usually get at home and has lead to a glut of goals on a couple of occasions (Southampton, Blackburn & Norwich) as well several other fairly convincing wins. I reckon Leeds come tonight to have a go, they won't want to take a backward step, they will want to show the Championship that we can ge got at and beaten and I think that will play right into our hands. We will get space to work in, space for the wingers to attack and score goals. As has already been pointed out though, Enzo want's us to keep the ball better and Leeds will press high and make that difficult but if we can play around and through the press, I think we will score 3/4 goals. 

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If they were real friends they would understand. Ffs it's only a wedding and they will probably both do it again. How often does a game like this come round

I know mate. And to make matters worse I think they’ve been together for 18 years, and are pushing 50 - and they pick today of all days… it’s unbelievable! 

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I know mate. And to make matters worse I think they’ve been together for 18 years, and are pushing 50 - and they pick today of all days… it’s unbelievable! 

Plenty of time left today to have a bust up with them. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Not feeling too confident. 

We give up chances, it's just this far, our opponents have missed that bit of quality to make them count. Leeds have that. We will get our chances too though so I'm going for a score draw. 

I would add however that even if we did lose, it's not that deep and we should think about it objectively and not over-react. 

56 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

A very telling comment from Enzo’s pre match presser of the need to keep the ball more , that’s what we will do tonight. 

Think the question then becomes, where do we want the possession. I imagine Leeds will be quite happy to sit back a bit, let Vesty and co come forward with the ball and try and his us on the break with their pace. For us, I guess we'd prefer Leeds to come at us and to try and play through the press. Feels like best tactics win tonight!

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

are we playing Leeds United or prime Barcelona 08? jesus man. being taken apart when we've won all but one game this season. Our fanbase need to wake up and smell the concrete

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Up early and buzzing. 

I think the team more or less picks itself with a toss up between Vards and Kelechi 

Mads 

Ricky Faes Vesty James 

Winks 

Butch KDH 

Fatawu    Stephy 

Kelechi 

COYB 

Everyone else is pronouncing Butch like that French lady in Pulp fiction talking to Bruce Willis, right?

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

A very telling comment from Enzo’s pre match presser of the need to keep the ball more , that’s what we will do tonight. 

Hope so . In some of the earlier games our passing was so slick it was surreal and that’s fallen off a wee bit for whatever reason . We got our pockets picked quite a bit in the Sunderland game ( but still took the points)