Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leeds Pre Match - Friday 3rd November

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’ll snatch your hand off for a point tonight. I’ve got a horrible feeling that’s I’ve not had since last season. 

It sounds silly saying it, but I can’t help but think there’s still a fragility about us that no one has exposed yet, Sunderland had a go…. But Leeds as inconsistent as they have been have some very dangerous players in their ranks. I just have this feeling they will take us apart tonight, good and proper 3 or 4-0…… 

I think win, would pretty much finish the title race off, draw would be alright as well. It’s not so much losing that concerns me, you can take a tight loss, but I just have a fear Leeds are quite capable of dishing out more than a tight loss if we’re not 100% at the races, and that’s what concerns me, because that could derail us. 

I mean, even if we lose, we'll have taken 39 points out of 45, which is mental and no one would have expected such a return. 

And we'd still be 11 points clear of Leeds...

5 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

How are you all so pessimistic we’ve lost one game this season Leeds aren’t as good as their fans like to think 3-1 Leicester get behind the lads 🦊

They aren’t as good as they think they are no. But in the context of this league, they are still one of the top sides with the capability to cause us problems and yes, beat us if we are not on it. Their problem is consistency which is why people are a bit cautious as you don’t know which version will turn up.

Thats not pessimism. We go into the game confident and knowing if we implement our game, we have an excellent chance of winning. But we shouldn’t expect to simply turn up and turn them and everyone else over as many of our fans seem to think we are entitled to do. We are winning games because Enzo has them working hard and not being cocky. 

• Like 1

I’ll snatch your hand off for a point tonight. I’ve got a horrible feeling that’s I’ve not had since last season. 

It sounds silly saying it, but I can’t help but think there’s still a fragility about us that no one has exposed yet, Sunderland had a go…. But Leeds as inconsistent as they have been have some very dangerous players in their ranks. I just have this feeling they will take us apart tonight, good and proper 3 or 4-0…… 

I think win, would pretty much finish the title race off, draw would be alright as well. It’s not so much losing that concerns me, you can take a tight loss, but I just have a fear Leeds are quite capable of dishing out more than a tight loss if we’re not 100% at the races, and that’s what concerns me, because that could derail us. 

:nigel:

• Like 3

certainly not like you to be so positive! :D

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

They aren’t as good as they think they are no. But in the context of this league, they are still one of the top sides with the capability to cause us problems and yes, beat us if we are not on it. Their problem is consistency which is why people are a bit cautious as you don’t know which version will turn up.

Thats not pessimism. We go into the game confident and knowing if we implement our game, we have an excellent chance of winning. But we shouldn’t expect to simply turn up and turn them and everyone else over as many of our fans seem to think we are entitled to do. We are winning games because Enzo has them working hard and not being cocky. 

Exactly.

Multiple things can be true at once.

• Given our form and way of dominating matches we have every reason to be confident
  • In the context of this league and season Leeds are one of the better sides
  • Leeds are probably not as good as they think they are (they've won half the matches we have) 
  • Leeds probably have players and a setup that has more opportunities to exploit our weakness compared to most teams in the league
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

How are you all so pessimistic we’ve lost one game this season Leeds aren’t as good as their fans like to think 3-1 Leicester get behind the lads 🦊

Exactly this. I don't get why all of a sudden this is a huge game and despite being way off the pace, Leeds are suddenly a side to be feared? Yes they've got some good player and yes they've had a decent run of form but we've been 10x better and breaking records left right and center, go into the back expecting to dominate as we have all home games, take the game to them and put them back in their place.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Exactly this. I don't get why all of a sudden this is a huge game and despite being way off the pace, Leeds are suddenly a side to be feared? Yes they've got some good player and yes they've had a decent run of form but we've been 10x better and breaking records left right and center, go into the back expecting to dominate as we have all home games, take the game to them and put them back in their place.

It's a big game because we're 2 of the biggest clubs in the league and for them (not us) it's a bit of a must win. So the stakes are raised higher than most games. 

39 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

It's utterly bizarre. Think people must still be suffering from PTSD from the last couple of years. If you can't be positive now then you never will be 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's utterly bizarre. Think people must still be suffering from PTSD from the last couple of years. If you can't be positive now then you never will be 

Imagine if Leeds win a corner in the opening few minutes, half the ground will be empty by half time and those that are left will boo the players off the pitch!

• Haha 1

we have the tactics to beat them, we just need an 8/10 performance rather than a 7/10 from KDH, Ricardo, Fatawu, Justin and  Mavididi.

With Faes, Vest, Hermansen and Winks we know what we will get from them - they've not been much below 8 all seson. It's loose passes or mistakes elsewhere which will expose us or invite the opposition on ie KDH loose pass, wingers giving the ball away 2 or 3 times  in quick succession that kind of thing 

Our difference makers play well, we win, i think it's that simple. 

I wrote this on Wednesday and thought I had posted it, just checking back in now.

I think we'll get a well prepared Team ready for the game. Wheather we're good enough remains to be seen.

Leeds strength is in the forward positions which is why I fancy us to go strong at the back.

I think Enzo will play what he believes to be our best eleven and possibly excluding injuries revert a lot to our early season lineups.

The big calls are Coady possibly in at right  CB  along with Vesty and Faes as we'll need his pace and tenacity at the back.

With Ricardo and JJ in front of both of them for their dual qualities of defending and attacking. With Winks in between them.

Another big call is the right wing. Does he stick with Fatawu who is improving with every game or bring McAteer back in with his goal threat. My guess he'll use both , Fatawu to start and bring Kasey on as the game becomes stretched.

Up top it's Vardy or Kelechi leading the line with Mavididi on the left and KDH in the hole.

So I think we'll line up something like this.

Mads

Coady Vesty Faes

Ricardo Winks  JJ

KDH

Fatawu Vardy Mavadidi

Though we have such a strong Bench he could mix it up and go stronger in Attack.

I think it will be another cracking game. I just hope we stop giving the Ball away cheaply as Leeds can hurt us.

14 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

We have looked a bit 'leggy' too in the last couple of matches.

Players were given two days off after QPR so should be fine you would think , I think tonight we will see a reenergised team performance, and we will beat Leeds quite comfortably 2-0 win, I reckon.