Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leeds Pre Match - Friday 3rd November

Their fans are increasingly confident of beating us tonight.  We are player for player better than them.  The table after a third of the season does not lie.

If we win, they would then have to win 6 more games than us to overtake us.  Very unlikely.  I can see us passing the crap out of them tonight and a late avalanche of goals once we finally get through.

Their squad is weaker than last season and I would say ours is at least on par, certainly on better form and much more together than last season.  I do not understand why we need to worry about their front 5 all of a sudden when they were pants last season.

4 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

Their fans are increasingly confident of beating us tonight.  We are player for player better than them.  The table after a third of the season does not lie.

If we win, they would then have to win 6 more games than us to overtake us.  Very unlikely.  I can see us passing the crap out of them tonight and a late avalanche of goals once we finally get through.

Their squad is weaker than last season and I would say ours is at least on par, certainly on better form and much more together than last season.  I do not understand why we need to worry about their front 5 all of a sudden when they were pants last season.

It’s a different front 5 

I still don't think that we have played anywhere as well as what the league table would suggest. If anything, i think it's a reflection of how poor the quality of this league is given the fact that we have, for the most part, played in second / third gear and have still left the majority of the league behind.

Every team we have played has had chances, it's their lack of ability in taking them that has allowed us to take advantage and go on to ultimately take three points so often. I think Leeds will be different - There is no doubt that they will also get chances, the difference being that i think they will have the quality to finish them more than some of the other teams that we have faced.

I believe we are man for man better, and if we play to our best, we'll have no problem beating these. Play as we have been doing, despite us getting wins, then i think we'll lose tonight.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

Not the main players they are wanking about like James and Summerville.  Bamford has been terrible since his one and only appearance for England.  Piroe is a quality Championship striker but hardly a world beater.

See my reply above to Cosbehfox

Of the players likely to start tonight only Summerville will be one who started against us last season (in the first game and he was a sub in the second). 

I do understand your general premise though. I don’t think they’re particularly better than last season, but they are the type who could hurt us if coached well and we don’t counter their threats correctly. 

It’s not just about personnel though. Our front 5 is weaker without Maddison and Barnes, but I’d argue we’re much better balanced. We had no right winger and KDH and Ndidi are having much more effective seasons than the ineffectual efforts of Tielemans and Soumare last season. My only worry in midfield tonight is that Casadei isn’t at the level of WN in terms of us getting control of the midfield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basildon Fox said:

I'm sure their fans were confident of beating Stoke a couple of games ago too!

Guest Sideshow Faes
2 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Happy Leicester v Leeds fanzone day to all that celebrate 

Imagine how terrible this would be with VAR now. Nobody daring to celebrate anything