Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leeds Pre Match - Friday 3rd November

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I have to say it feels almost irrational but I'm more nervous for tonight than some of the run-in games last season. I can only imagine it's because it's nervier when you have something to lose, and that I'm far more invested in this side than I was last season even despite how big it clearly was. I suppose remember even if we lose tonight we're still in a very good place, more than pole position. It's probably as much as anything the fact I've become pretty fixated on us beating 106 as I believe it is doable.

This will be a proper test. We're better than these but it's an occasion too, it has the feel of a PL game. It'll be nice to see us turn up in one.

I suppose as much as anything I'm just glad I really care again. I really had become apathetic in a way like never before last season and in the covid years (the former I blame the club, the latter I don't). It's nice giving a shit again. He says now.

Good job we don't really then? Still top with a loss. Still 11 points clear of 3rd with a loss. Still 39 points out of 45 with a loss. 

• Like 3

They will likely start with Summerville, Piroe, Dan James and Rutter as a front 4 which is full of speed and creativity so we will need to be at our best defensively. Their defence is their downfall so I can see it being a high scoring game. The worry for me is Casadei as I just don't think he disrupts enough in the middle and his finishing has been suspect, we massively miss Ndidi. Nervous about this, but then I was also nervous about Soton and Norwich away...

Edited by Fox 4 Life
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

Not the main players they are wanking about like James and Summerville.  Bamford has been terrible since his one and only appearance for England.  Piroe is a quality Championship striker but hardly a world beater.

You've feken done it now. 

Watch them bag a brace each...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

They will likely start with Summerville, Piroe, Dan James and Rutter as a front 4 which is full of speed and creativity so we will need to be at our best defensively. Their defence is their downfall so I can see it being a high scoring game. The worry for me is Casadei as I just don't think he disrupts enough in the middle and his finishing has been suspect, we massively miss Ndidi. Nervous about this, but then I was also nervous about Soton and Norwich away...

Yep shame about Wilf but I think Butch will get better and better and start knocking a good few in when arriving late and scoring with feet and head. Maybe today we’ll see an improvement !  

• Like 2

Enzo has said IF we slow it down and keep the ball till a really good opportunity arises then this will blunt their attacks and give us an advantage.  That for me is where the game will be won or lost ..  if their press works we’ve had it. If not ..  the game is ours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Enzo has said IF we slow it down and keep the ball till a really good opportunity arises then this will blunt their attacks and give us an advantage.  That for me is where the game will be won or lost ..  if their press works we’ve had it. If not ..  the game is ours. 

good point, I think they will come out flying though but we have enough quality to hit them on a counter, I still we think we will edge it though as we have a better defense and just as much quality going forward.

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

3-0 win for the foxes :scarf:

You heard it here first.

We have a decent record against them - although they actually put three past us in this fixture two seasons ago. 

Is Bamford playing? I still replay that point blank miss from last April - even though he was clearly offside. 

I'm just happy we have a team that CAN win this game.  It makes a change to have some quiet confidence that we will put in the effort and performance that gives us a decent chance.  I think this will be one of our tougher games but we are more than capable of beating Leeds if we play to our strengths.  It's nice to have some hope again. 

• Like 1

Massive game.

Need to show the division what we are really made of.

Gotta be on it on and off the pitch.

All have to be up for it.

No leaving the ground at 80 mins yo ho home for celebrity big ficking brother.

Show some bo11ox.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Last promotion we had Derby come down here at Xmas all confident and cocky only for us to dish out one of the most brutal bummings I've ever seen. They couldn't have complained if we'd have won 13 or 14-0

If it’s the one I’m thinking of then it’s amazing to think that Jamie Vardy scored in that one and could repeat the act tonight 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

He's such a good coach from a tactical standpoint, the guy is seriously going to go places.

It's why his style is so effective. Leeds have blown away a lot more teams than us this season, but have also had stupid losses too. Their style can be more exciting and deadly, but has that element of jeopardy about it. Maresca's style controls the game, choking the opponent out like in an MMA fight. I can understand why sometimes it can be boring to watch for people, but if the opponent doesn't have any chances, they can't score a goal. If the opponents are defending all game, it's hard to concentrate for 90 minutes plus stoppages. Football really is that simple at times.

Of course we need to execute the game plan correctly, but knowing the amount of detail Enzo goes into, all players will be drilled and will know exactly what they need to do.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's such a good coach from a tactical standpoint, the guy is seriously going to go places.

It's why his style is so effective. Leeds have blown away a lot more teams than us this season, but have also had stupid losses too. Their style can be more exciting and deadly, but has that element of jeopardy about it. Maresca's style controls the game, choking the opponent out like in an MMA fight. I can understand why sometimes it can be boring to watch for people, but if the opponent doesn't have any chances, they can't score a goal. If the opponents are defending all game, it's hard to concentrate for 90 minutes plus stoppages. Football really is that simple at times.

Of course we need to execute the game plan correctly, but knowing the amount of detail Enzo goes into, all players will be drilled and will know exactly what they need to do.

Absolutely spot on ..  and as you said it’s down to executing the game plan correctly .. :fc:  

• Like 1