Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leeds Pre Match - Friday 3rd November

On 28/10/2023 at 17:43, Fear Of The Fox said:

They'll park the bus and try to hit us on the counter. This will be the first time they'll park the bus this season and I'm not sure they can defend. They have a lot of problems at the back starting from Meslier. 

If they decide though to play their normal way it's going to be very very interesting. 

They definitely will not park the bus - they will come for the win. But this will leave spaces for us to attack. Their front four will give our defence their biggest test this season, but I fancy our attackers to have some fun as well.

So 0-0, then.

26 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Thanks Fuchsy. Loved watching that again. That was a good day. Glad you were there. 

2 old mates, of the mature kind, reliving their youth together, trying to find a pub for a replay.. Rushing around like kids!! 

That would of been impossible to even do in our youth.. No late pubs, very rare to get a replay on a TV in a fking pub.. 

Nalis was not really of our fan generation,60s-70s our theme but coupled with Izzets last throws of the dice, Nalis audacity, going home the very next day, goodbye to a life's best mate and my Son then being interested & crazy as is Papa, hoping to get the games replay.. 

It was also Sept. An another.. again new beginning for the foxes.. 

My son is not so fanatical, my wife says one crazy in the family is enough.. 

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

2 old mates, of the mature kind, reliving their youth together, trying to find a pub for a replay.. Rushing around like kids!! 

That would of been impossible to even do in our youth.. No late pubs, very rare to get a replay on a TV in a fking pub.. 

Nalis was not really of our fan generation,60s-70s our theme but coupled with Izzets last throws of the dice, Nalis audacity, going home the very next day, goodbye to a life's best mate and my Son then being interested & crazy as is Papa, hoping to get the games replay.. 

It was also Sept. An another.. again new beginning for the foxes.. 

My son is not so fanatical, my wife says one crazy in the family is enough.. 

my son still lives with us and his girlfriend in Wales. We watch every game together. He’s as nuts as me. Glad you had a great day. Spent many happy afternoons, and sad ones, at Filbert Street and The Walkers Bowl when it opened. My new life is in Wales, yours somewhat further away. Good times though. 

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They definitely will not park the bus - they will come for the win. But this will leave spaces for us to attack. Their front four will give our defence their biggest test this season, but I fancy our attackers to have some fun as well.

So 0-0, then.

Sort of old  Clapham junction scenerio, nothing coming in nothing going out.. :giggle:

Though I tip an high scoring game, with both sides scoring.. 3-2..4-3 falling either way.. In this seasons game turn around we have been both unfortunate as well as fortunate, that early & late chances haven't yet found the back of the net... 

It's with this type of Leeds opponent, at this time of the season, on a Friday night.. that there is going to be something extraordinary on the cards..

.. CARDS, yellow & red will fall, penalties are predestined.. THE Stars are aligned, a witches Brew, still on the fire despite  after Halloween.. Who will be solving or pinching  the last trick or treat.. :o

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

my son still lives with us and his girlfriend in Wales. We watch every game together. He’s as nuts as me. Glad you had a great day. Spent many happy afternoons, and sad ones, at Filbert Street and The Walkers Bowl when it opened. My new life is in Wales, yours somewhat further away. Good times though. 

With my best Welsh accent.. 

Are you in the hill sides, in South Wales man... or prancing around city night life in Beddins music pub now..?? 

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

With my best Welsh accent.. 

Are you in the hill sides, in South Wales man... or prancing around city night life in Beddins music pub now..?? 

I’m in Mid Wales. About 20 minutes from Aberystwyth. Right in operation Julie land. In fact the LSD tabs were made up at the cottage next to our land. The the other house on our property held a lot of interesting parties in the 70’s apparently. David Bowie, LED Zepplin and a few others were often there. Now it’s just a nice vegan growing veg. 

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sort of old  Clapham junction scenerio, nothing coming in nothing going out.. :giggle:

Though I tip an high scoring game, with both sides scoring.. 3-2..4-3 falling either way.. In this seasons game turn around we have been both unfortunate as well as fortunate, that early & late chances haven't yet found the back of the net... 

It's with this type of Leeds opponent, at this time of the season, on a Friday night.. that there is going to be something extraordinary on the cards..

.. CARDS, yellow & red will fall, penalties are predestined.. THE Stars are aligned, a witches Brew, still on the fire despite  after Halloween.. Who will be solving or pinching  the last trick or treat.. :o

Yep, it's going to be a proper Walpurgisnacht, except in November rather than April. Hopefully our fans will enter the spirit by dressing up as witches, lighting a bonfire outside the KP and subjecting the Leeds players to pagan chants as they get off the bus.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I was there for that steve Howard goal. Also for the Nalis wonder strike in the 4-1 win. Good days, like these. 

Back in my days sitting in L1 for that Nails goal, I still vividly remember thinking to myself when he hit "what the hell? He's skied th..........what a f******g strike!" 😂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’m in Mid Wales. About 20 minutes from Aberystwyth. Right in operation Julie land. In fact the LSD tabs were made up at the cottage next to our land. The the other house on our property held a lot of interesting parties in the 70’s apparently. David Bowie, LED Zepplin and a few others were often there. Now it’s just a nice vegan growing veg. 

These vegans are the worse hiding among their patches, bloody old quiet Rockers at heart.. I Know I bloody married one.. Though she preferred Rod Stewart, Moody blues, cat Steven's & the Dubliners:blink:

I have that hot & cold feeling she was the original Lucy in the sky of diamonds, she scares the fk out of me, but I love her.. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yep, it's going to be a proper Walpurgisnacht, except in November rather than April. Hopefully our fans will enter the spirit by dressing up as witches, lighting a bonfire outside the KP and subjecting the Leeds players to pagan chants as they get off the bus.

I thought that was normal practice on GameDay.. 

• Haha 1

We've already set the pace this season and have created a huge gap between us and 3rd. If we were to beat Leeds who are fancied as one of the favourites to go up, that would open up a 17 point gap to them. It would take a huge downturn and upturn in the form of both teams for them to catch us from that point. A Leeds win would still mean an 11 point gap to us so it's certainly not the end of the world if we drew or lost but it would be glorious to beat them. Get as many points on the board between now and new year and then in January we can start premier league planning 

• Like 1