Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Danny Drinkwater retires

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Absolute willy puller, the way he behaved trying to force his way out the club was nothing short of disgusting.

Zero respect for him and got what he deserved, think Vardy said in the media the bloke could start a fight with himself in a phone box. 

When Vardy says this about someone, and when even Pearson says he's odd, you know he's a bit more than just your average, slightly dim footballer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Absolute willy puller, the way he behaved trying to force his way out the club was nothing short of disgusting.

Zero respect for him and got what he deserved, think Vardy said in the media the bloke could start a fight with himself in a phone box. 

Couldn’t agree more - I wanted to listen to that and hope he came across ok and talked really well about his time with us - but what an absolute class A kn*b head - you can see why he ended up the way he did - pathetic the way he forced his way out when we gave him so much - absolute waste of space 

1 minute ago, jv1 said:

Couldn’t agree more - I wanted to listen to that and hope he came across ok and talked really well about his time with us - but what an absolute class A kn*b head - you can see why he ended up the way he did - pathetic the way he forced his way out when we gave him so much - absolute waste of space 

Him and Mahrez can absolutely do one - immortal legacy my ars* - absolutely no chance - pair of scum bags 

• Like 1

Don't think he realised the network of people keeping him steady with us weren't ten a penny and interchangeable – but I absolutely couldn't (and don't) begrudge his move to Chelsea, however poorly he might have gone about it. I do genuinely believe he had plenty left in him to be a very good top half player after leaving us but once he'd fallen out with Sarri that was him done, as sharp a decline as you'll ever see.

On the pitch I'll remember him very, very fondly. Off it - less so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Comes across worse in the Podcast than I was expecting.

Forced a move by shouting at Rudkin, said something like “I wouldn’t head butt someone after being told to shut up 3x” but he did, said he “wasn’t taking” a bad challenge from a kid, took moves purely down to his personal circumstances etc etc.

...I still believe after watching all of this video that he suffers from ADHD!!!

His father appears to be someone who also has this mental approach to reality and it is not something you can switch on and off.

There is a disconnect between his facial expression to what he is recanting, he sees things from his perspective only and seems to not have the ability to empathise and his needs and wants are paramount.

Just watching this, I do not believe he knows who the real Danny Drinkwater is!!

8 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Tbh I was convinced someone like Wrexham would sign him. 

It would be the perfect fit. He'd easily cope with that level of football at a canter, get to be a celebrity player again and from the Welcome to Wrexham series at least the club looks to be run in a considerate fashion.

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It would be the perfect fit. He'd easily cope with that level of football at a canter, get to be a celebrity player again and from the Welcome to Wrexham series at least the club looks to be run in a considerate fashion.

He said in the podcast he didn’t want a championship club, pretty much as he felt above it.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

When Vardy says this about someone, and when even Pearson says he's odd, you know he's a bit more than just your average, slightly dim footballer. 

...he is not "dim", there is more than one way of measuring someone's intelligence!!!

Someone who is "dim" does not make it this far in his field, there are a load of instructions and understanding of the game that many more talented players have failed to grasp and did not make it, but Drinkwater is not one of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is not "dim", there is more than one way of measuring someone's intelligence!!!

Someone who is "dim" does not make it this far in his field, there are a load of instructions and understanding of the game that many more talented players have failed to grasp and did not make it, but Drinkwater is not one of them.

I don't think that's true. Understanding basic football tactics and roles doesn't necessarily need great intelligence.

Ok I've never met the guy and I wish him well but he seems a bit odd at least 

It was great business getting him off Man U, and even better business selling him at peak to Chelsea.  He played all of his good football for us under two great managers who could handle him.  But once he signed the huge contract at Chelsea, he was done.

Tellingly -- some fanbases at clubs CFC loaned him to were willing to give him every chance when he arrived.  But hated him by the time he left.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/19806-danny-drinkwater/page/61/

https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69839

Sorry, but the interview only confirms what six years of actions have demonstrated: DD was/is just a narcissist.  Thank the gods we were able to get big money for him.

After Jeff Schlupp, Rudkin's best ever sale. Getting north of £35M from a desperate Chelsea board for a fairly limited player was great business and made up for the relatively low sum we were able to get for Kante.

Decent in the Championship and one great season alongside Ngolo will always put a positive spin on his legacy here but the "back injury" that kept him out until 30 minutes after his transfer went through will taint it slightly.

• Like 1