Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

Leeds defended well. Looked like they shut the wings down in the second half, which was where our threat was coming from.

Mavididi looked primed to pull something out first half then didn't really get a sniff.

It's a fair result.

Choudhury looked good doing his thing when he came on, but we'd probably have done better if he'd started for Casadei and kept it tight, maybe brought Kasey on for a goal threat later in the game.

Ricardo and Faes both immense, Fatawu looked very good again until late on when his switches started going astray.

Casadei, Faes and Vesty had a mare defending the corner that we conceded from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

Leeds were quicker, stronger, and we couldn’t find a way to deal with it.

Just thought tonight we needed to mix things up but we continued with the slow passing at the back with Vesty trying to pick a pass was all too  predictable.

It felt to me kind of fated - leeds wanted it more and we were terrified of not breaking the record(s), especially with a great away support and a poor/nervous/complacent home support. 

Terrible, disjointed performance again. We keep saying wait till we hit our stride but what if this is as good as it gets?

We don't seem to be able to break the press anymore and we have been worked out a little judging by the last 3 games. We are relying on individual brilliance to win games.

• Like 3

Enzo got it wrong imo tonight. Vardy again more or less anonymous, Ian should be first choice with the odd rotation. 

Casadei, I'm not sure what he offers most the time. Seemed to peak early on in his career here. We miss Ndidi massively in games like this. 

Fatawu, lightning in first half then in the second just didn't run. Got the ball and passed it or gave it away. No idea what's happened to him in that half there. 

Collectively not good enough, never really got going and didn't test their keeper barely at all.

• Like 2

Just now, STUHILL said:

The same Leeds that lost to Stoke last week? 

You realise that no team is invincible and has off days or get outplayed? Leeds have drawn 4 and lost 3. Far better team? Table disagrees with you. 

No. Was quite frustrated after the game and still calming down mate.

My point is, if they play like that, they could easily be up close to us come the end of the season.

And we've been lucky in terms of winning games when we havn't been playing well, unlike Leeds.

But, yes, Leeds were (by far) the better team today. 

Oh for farksake!

we just didn’t have any real threat once we approached their box. What happened to our extra gears? Were the lads not up for this game? Why didn’t macateer come on to inject some threat and energy. Vardy was bumbling around lost. Just don’t know what we were trying to do in this game?

wish fatawu scored that goal. Smellier makes a great save at the end. Should have been 1-1

oh well reality check I guess.

The right team won 

Could have snatched an equaliser at the death due to a cracking save 

Mavadidi and Fatawu at it first half, didn't give them the ball enough second half, Byram on a yellow after 20 mins, have to be screaming at Abdul to run him ragged after that 

Casadei atrocious, Vardy nowhere, KDH not at his best, thought defensively we were alright though against a dangerous attack

Ricardo outstanding, absolutely everywhere 

Stings losing on a Friday, have to stew on it all weekend now 

Middlesbrough next week will be another massive test 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Can't remember the blackburn game, but both tonight and sunderland we were very sloppy in possession, i felt like a stuck record tonight screaming 'stop giving the ball away' at the screen.

I think it's a team thing but it's no coincidence that we've dropped off since ndidi got injured.

I mean, Blackburn played well and tried  to do what Leeds did, but they lack the quality and we spannered them 1-4!

4 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Glad to get that 1 out the way. Never felt like we'd win this, it was just more important for Leeds, fair play to them in their cup final.

As for us. I think 3 relatively poor games in a row now, 2 of which our superior players saw us through. Not a fan of how deep the strikers are getting, seems to be even moreso recently.

Don't want to be too harsh, onto the next.

Coinciding with Wilf’s absence.

Unfortunately, Casadei has not stepped up as I had expected (or hoped) he would without looking over his shoulders.

We need Wilf, Yunus and Praet back as soon as possible. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Leeds the better team and deserved the win

We were going to lose again at some point and I am glad it was at least to a team who deserved it

Been a while since I have thought we didn’t deserve to win a game in the league which is still great to say

Full week off now until Boro, we reacted very well to the last loss and I have full faith we will again

That is a very sensible post. What are you doing here?

• Haha 1

In all seriousness. I think this is a good timely wake up call. I can't see us losing at all after this perhaps at Leeds/Ipswich away. The way the team still tried to score (and came close) at the end suggests the hunger and discipline is far beyond last season. The only other 'good' team we haven't played yet is Ipswich - and after tonight's humbling I'm confident we'll win.

I thought we played well, but Leeds played very well too and the result was about right. 

Ricardo, Fatawu, Winks were great.

Vardy, Casedei, KDH were poor.

If Enzo had hooked Casedei for Hamza earlier the result might have been different. Cesare will be fine against most teams but he's not ready to play the top teams in the division compared to Hamza who is more battle hardened. 

Onto the next one.

• Like 1

Back 5 were OK..  front 6 were not good enough

Wink wasn't his usual match controlling self

Kdh offered nothing apart from his header at the end

Abdul and mav both had decent games running at their man, but bar the crossbar hit, end product was crap

Vardy was off the pace, wrong runs etc

Casadei.. drop him.. he's rubbish.. sorry but I've had enough of him now

• Like 1