Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

Poor performance. Complete lack of urgency when we were behind.

Disappointing

Vardy, Casaady very poor.

Nacho too deep

Nor sure what Fatawu was up to second half. Completely gave up trying to go past his man.

Frustrating and bloody dull football.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Sometimes you just don't play well.

Incredibly hard to win 10 games on the bounce, win tonight and we match an recorded going back 70 years.

Accept and move on.

Yes, sometimes you don't. And sometimes you lose the tactical battle so you have to react. That didn't happen.

The fact that both the wingers had pretty good games yet we had very few chances indicates it was a tactical failing. We need to be more adaptable. How many players actually played badly, do you think? A couple in my eyes which again shows it wasn't one of those days. 

We're absolutely going to lose games or draw when it is one of those days where we don't get the luck or the players are just off the pace but today wasn't one of those days. Would a different approach have guaranteed a win, no. But it clearly would have given us a better chance. Thought Leeds started superbly irrespective of our errors but on the whole, it's not a game where I've come away thinking how great the opposition were. Thought Sunderland's performance was more admirable.

I'm far past the stage of letting a Leicester game ruin my mood but doesn't mean I'm not going to be disappointed when we haven't given ourselves the best chance we can to win. No concerns about how it'll impact this season but we've got a lot of learning and growing to do as a team (as has the manager) and we ideally need to do that this year so we're not playing catch up next season.

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

This place lol

Record breaking start to the season, 11 points clear of third place, and we lose a tough, close match against a promotion rival and a team that was relegated with us last season, and all of a sudden we are bottlers and will barely make the play-offs lol

The combined hours watching football by people on this forum must be in the millions, yet many still can't quite accept that usually, one team loses a football match and it is virtually impossible to go a full season winning every match while simultanously playing buccaneering attacking football with an iron willed defence.

No plan B.

Enzo schooled. 

*Insert Player* is Shite. 

Passing out the back doesn't work. 

It's been coming...(lucky wins)

Bottlers. 

How dare you Jim! I have had these phrases copied and ready to paste every game since 2006! 

Don't come on here with your moderate takes on everything.

Bathe in the doom and gloom like the rest of us! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I guess that's a comment implying that i am a glory hunter. Quite a strange comment to make towards someone you don't know, and quite a flawed argument as if it was glory i was after, i wouldn't be spending my Friday night out of pocket, in the cold, watching a SkyBet Championship game.

Either way, i'll refuse to become embroiled in an argument with some one who's presumably around 45 years old and has to flex their superiority as a fan online.

Do you genuinely not feel a bit embarrassed? I would at your age.

Back to my original comment, I never doubted the quality we have in our side. I just don't think we have played as well as the league table suggests, and i don't think its coincidence that we were completely out played by the first team with any real quality.

Nice reply and respected, just seen too many who get annoyed we aren’t winning lol anyway, I know everyone is truly passionate and say things that can be misquoted 

They started well, we were the better team then up until half time but we'd had to defend well too. Ricardo was excellent.

2nd half, they took control again and we seemed vulnerable. They got the goal which was unfortunate and then we really didn't have much to offer to get anything. I can understand that, but it's felt like this was coming for a few games now. We needed to freshen it up, I'd have got Daka and McAteer on with 20 minutes to go.

Our strikers are non existent at times in this system, I'm starting to pin all my hopes on Tom Cannon. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

They started well, we were the better team then up until half time but we'd had to defend well too. Ricardo was excellent.

2nd half, they took control again and we seemed vulnerable. They got the goal which was unfortunate and then we really didn't have much to offer to get anything. I can understand that, but it's felt like this was coming for a few games now. We needed to freshen it up, I'd have got Daka and McAteer on with 20 minutes to go.

Our strikers are non existent at times in this system, I'm starting to pin all my hopes on Tom Cannon. 

Ricardo reconfirmed my belief that I'd happily let him have a go on my girlfriend. The only problem is I would be slightly jealous of her :scarf:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think we've been figured out to a certain degree now. Teams now know when to trigger the press and when to just let us play our silly walking football. We're becoming less and less effective.

Our silly walking football?? :doh: That's me done for tonight! 

59 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Oh for farksake!

we just didn’t have any real threat once we approached their box. What happened to our extra gears? Were the lads not up for this game? Why didn’t macateer come on to inject some threat and energy. Vardy was bumbling around lost. Just don’t know what we were trying to do in this game?

wish fatawu scored that goal. Smellier makes a great save at the end. Should have been 1-1

oh well reality check I guess.

A Marcal,or Mcateer change,after Choudhury, I would of thought was on the cards,maybe even move Mavididi /Mcateer into Casadeis postion last 10 minutes.

Or  Nacho in Casadeis position keeping Vardy on..

I believe although some whining Minnie’s OTT reactions, the one point on lack of subs are valid..

I would be interested to hear Enzo‘s take on this..

Leeds were the better side and definitely deserved to win...but there wasn't a gulf between the teams, even on what I thought was an off day for us. We'll probably only have 3 more games against that level of opponent. 

I do think it's a bit criminal that we lacked any goal threat though. Only 1 shot on target all game at home in the Champ. Nacho was so deep when he came on too, the ball would go wide and there's be nobody in the box, over and over again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Said pretty much identical to this in the tactics thread. 

We've lacked creativity from the central 8's and even our wingers tbf. And we seem to have no focal striker. 

We got lucky Vs Sunderland and QPR, but we were always bound to be caught out when playing like this. 

Intrigued how he resolves this. 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Nice reply and respected, just seen too many who get annoyed we aren’t winning lol anyway, I know everyone is truly passionate and say things that can be misquoted 

I've deleted it because i don't want to get in to an argument online with someone who supports the same team and wants the same results - and yes, things can get misquoted.

No hard feelings - As i said, we're all on the same side here and we all know defeats will happen - My original comment was just around the fact that it's the first team with real quality that we have faced. I expect a very similar opposition in Middlesborough next week but hopefully we can learn some things from tonight defeat. I don't think we were awful tonight, we were just beaten by the better team on the night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

I've deleted it because i don't want to get in to an argument online with someone who supports the same team and wants the same results - and yes, things can get misquoted.

No hard feelings - As i said, we're all on the same side here and we all know defeats will happen - My original comment was just around the fact that it's the first team with real quality that we have faced. I expect a very similar opposition in Middlesborough next week but hopefully we can learn some things from tonight defeat. I don't think we were awful tonight, we were just beaten by the better team on the night.

It is fine, just a feel Leeds are like us.. PL quality and Boro don’t have that. Maybe I’m the one that is arrogant now lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think we've been figured out to a certain degree now. Teams now know when to trigger the press and when to just let us play our silly walking football. We're becoming less and less effective.

Yep 2 defeats out of 15.

We are really getting found out ffs🙄🙄🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1