Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

Phew..thankgod for that…

Leeds tonight we’re excellent at the back..killed any middle movement up front.

2 wingers quietened in 2nd half…Respect to Leeds

In the long run in,I don’t think it makes much difference..

# We were always going to have one game where we didn’t turn up ( Hull was a fluke)

# Engine room..valves got stuck

# system didn’t fail…Too less pressure in 2nd half

# We didn’t play to our wingers ,and little interplay with them 2nd half

#Too little ,but KDH,nearly stole a point in the end.

# IMO Leeds won’t go through the season,like tonight,they will have drop offs.

# Leeds double over us,a possibility,but that will be their lot

# LCFC players and Enzo will be disappointed,but will shrug it off.

#Ruined my weekend,but a bloody good team takes the plaudits for tonight

## We now watch an interesting fight for 2nd place,

adding also add M‘borough  to the fray..

## I have no worries,Enzo team,will learn massively from this..

## Have no doubt there will be other wobbles & dropped points,so will our contenders

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

We can’t win them all, I thought they were better than us off the ball and that was probably the biggest difference for me tonight.

My biggest worry, is the forward role, Vardy was anonymous, and I don’t think Iheanacho works in this system.

Not sure if Cannon offers something a bit different.

Me move on to Boro next week and bounce back.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Yeah, but i don't think leeds were that special, especially not at the back, we just struggled to take advantage. 

It was actually very similar to the hull game tonight - they score fortuitously, we hit the post but otherwise fail to test their keeper....

I agree, I thought Leeds would be technically better than they were. It wasn't a beating in that regard, they didn't play us off the park. However what they did do is stopped us from enforcing our will on the game. They know we want to get into a rhythm and pop the ball about, move them around the park and exploit the spaces they leave. They pressed us hard and stopped us from doing that and we struggled to adapt. We were scruffy with the ball and didn't win it back as effectively as we have previously.

I understand the sentiment with the Blackburn and Sunderland reference, however the difference was Leeds, as you said, scored fortuitously and had the quality/gameplan to nullify our threats. Alot of teams won't, but the fact we couldn't/weren't willing to change was what was most apparent. 

For me we still lack a striker and miss Wilf in the middle of the park. I'm a big Casadei fan but he was miles off tonight. I also don't get the KDH level of hype at all. Absent tonight. 

Edited by CaliFOXnia

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Why do we tank forward with great impetus and drive. Then as we approach their box pull the handbrake up and slow right down. Let the oppos get bodies get behind the ball and turn backwards? A tad infuriating!! Play what you see and go for it. 

Agreed. I was quite surprised when we looked to cross the ball but no one was in the box. Maybe I’m missing something.

We are not going to win every match. Unfortunately we had an off day today especially in the final third but fingers crossed we can kick on again against Middlesbrough. 

If anyone was asked at the start of the season if they'd take 13 wins out of 15 we'd all jump at that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Pretty poor performance all round I thought, thought Ricardo was absolutely phenomenal, JJ had a great game in the main and both Fatawu and Mavididi had moments, but not sustained for large periods. 

Let’s see how we bounce back now. Something similar to the Hull defeat would do nicely! 💪🏻💙🦊

Just now, HybridFox said:

Both Vardy and Nacho weren't playing high enough. Thought he should have gambled with Daka in the second half personally. Needed someone in the box

At one point Nacho came all the way back and collected the ball off our CB! 

Not sure if he was instructed to keep dropping deep into midfield or that is just his tendency, which we have seen from him over the years.

Either way, it left us 1-0 down and no striker up top for short periods of the game, which was pretty ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Too slow in transition. By the time we get to our attacking third, our opponents are already regrouped. Also, we are "passing ourselves out of breath", too much passing with no end result. We had only one shot on target for the whole 90 minutes in our own backyard. Not good enough. Hermansen also should learn to go up in the air high far from our end of the pitch (a punt with some pace on it) when he receives backpasses. My thinking is that his team mates are in a tight situation that's why they are passing back to him, doesn't make sense if he then makes an on the grass pass back to his defence. No problem. We go again next week. God bless the foxes!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hales said:

Captain Ricky P for every game after that performance. He was everywhere, didnt stop running. Brilliant!

Agreed, our best player by a country mile. We need Ndidi back desperately. He makes us tick. Gonna be a big loss when he goes to AFCON

• Like 4

Just now, tom27111 said:

The off days are becoming frequent now though.

It's all well playing shite, winning, then saying "That's what champions do"

But it's been coming for the last few matches.

We also see people saying "Imagine how good we'll be when we click"

Maybe this is it?

Not being negative, although it comes across like that.

We're still in pole position, let's hope this is a wake up call and we get back to doing what we have been doing.

this is the point..we were unexpectedly poor in the previous two matches. Something, somewhere is wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As the IT guys say in my organisation. Shut it down and start it up again. Tonight was probably the kick in the pants everyone needed after the media blowing smoke up their asses the last few weeks. It’s early days, we’re in the best position anyone can be in, let’s hope they learn, implement and move on. Long way to go