Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

22 minutes ago, moseeds said:

Is that you Brendan?

If you're asking me that, you fundamentally misunderstood what the problem with Rodgers was. What a silly comment.

We were ploddish, predictable, poor. It's been on the cards as well. We'll be fine if we see that we deserved to lose (which didn't come across in the press conference) and learn from it. If we're arrogant and decide that it was sour luck, we'll be in trouble. Surely that's stating the obvious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

The off days are becoming frequent now though.

It's all well playing shite, winning, then saying "That's what champions do"

But it's been coming for the last few matches.

We also see people saying "Imagine how good we'll be when we click"

Maybe this is it?

Not being negative, although it comes across like that.

We're still in pole position, let's hope this is a wake up call and we get back to doing what we have been doing.

Same with all teams in the league though. Take Leeds for example, I bet this was their best performance of the season, yet they nearly drew at the end with KDH header cleared off the line. They also lost to Stoke last week, and have drawn 4 and lost 3 already this season. 

We will have games like tonight where we are outplayed. Games where we scrape a lucky win, but also games where we dominate and look invincible. 

Key is, not to overreact either way, which I suspect Enzo will be saying shortly. 

• Like 2

Annoying to lose that. Not at the races compared to them. Leeds deserved to win as they nullified us and had the kind of game plan we would execute away at a big side. 

Fatawu was electric first half. Part of me thinks he was told to calm it after half time and if that is the case, it's absolutely bewildering considering he had the beating of Byram and that Byram was on a yellow. I can't think of any other reason he wouldn't try to take Byram on more. Might have got knackered towards the end of the second half but his regression began straight after half time. Shame as deserved a goal based on that first half. 

Casadei not good enough. Several other players just average. Thought we could have pushed on after the first half as we just needed to execute the final ball better. But we came out as if we were scared and shocked at them pressing us high. In reality we're probably fortunate they were wasteful in front of goal given how many times we gave it away. 

Need to improve a lot for next Saturday to get back on track. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Rubbish. Watch and analyse the game properly and stop writing headlines like that which you know makes fans pile on with negativity. Play like that and we'll be absolutely fine. Created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day.

I think you must have watched a different game to most then. What chances were these? We had one shot on target in the 93rd minute.

We were poor. Simple as that and deserved to lose. Don't talk bollocks. That is 2 games in a row now.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Phew..thankgod for that…

Leeds tonight we’re excellent at the back..killed any middle movement up front.

2 wingers quietened in 2nd half…Respect to Leeds

In the long run in,I don’t think it makes much difference..

# We were always going to have one game where we didn’t turn up ( Hull was a fluke)

# Engine room..valves got stuck

# system didn’t fail…Too less pressure in 2nd half

# We didn’t play to our wingers ,and little interplay with them 2nd half

#Too little ,but KDH,nearly stole a point in the end.

# IMO Leeds won’t go through the season,like tonight,they will have drop offs.

# Leeds double over us,a possibility,but that will be their lot

# LCFC players and Enzo will be disappointed,but will shrug it off.

#Ruined my weekend,but a bloody good team takes the plaudits for tonight

## We now watch an interesting fight for 2nd place,

adding also add M‘borough  to the fray..

## I have no worries,Enzo team,will learn massively from this..

## Have no doubt there will be other wobbles & dropped points,so will our 

Edited by ForeverandEver

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Felt like the lack of depth at 8 cost us tonight with Ndidi, Yunus and Praet missing and Mcateer just coming back just lacked options.

Kasey to start next time hopefully and Yunus and Praet training so depth will improve

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Felt like the lack of depth at 8 cost us tonight with Ndidi, Yunus and Praet missing and Mcateer just coming back just lacked options.

Absolutely. I think everyone could see Casadei struggling with the pace and physicality of the game tonight. 

I also think there are a few players that have looked a little jaded recently. We really need those players you listed back!

• Like 2

Not used to losing this season and just want to say:

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrtttttttggggggggggghhhhhggghhhhhhhfffffffgggjuuuuuuuhuccccccvvkkkkkkkkkkkkwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbnnnnnnnnnjjjjjjjjjhhjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkccvvvvvvvvvvvccccccvvvvvvvuuuuuuuuuujnnnnnnnnnnntttyyyyyyyyyggwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnjkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your indulgence 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

What has he said? 

Leeds did not deserve to win...we played very well ...when asked what he could of fone differently... he said we pushed forward too much and we should probably of played the ball around more and keep possession more... and all with a laugh and a giggle

Not pushing forward enough was our problem i thought needed a goal ...and one in target in the 94min kinda shows that 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Fatawu was electric first half. Part of me thinks he was told to calm it after half time and if that is the case, it's absolutely bewildering considering he had the beating of Byram and that Byram was on a yellow. I can't think of any other reason he wouldn't try to take Byram on more.

Early in the second half, I remember him trying to take on Byram but was easily dispossessed, and I wonder whether that knocked his confidence and he started playing it safer. Wrong decision of course, but what a player he is. He won't come up against much better defensive performances than tonight in the Championship, so I expect him to score and assist a load.