Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

Leeds started well and we weathered the storm our passing was really sloppy if Abdul’s shot had gone in and not hit the bar it would have been a different game. We started the 2nd half poorly and Leeds deserved a goal. We looked void of ideas going forward but still could have nicked a draw at the end oh well on to the next one.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think I just saw the second best team to us tonight, we didn’t get out of second and they were still scrambling for the win… im now more confident we win the league 

...we are about as good as we will be!!!

What holds this team back is the lack of quality coming from our wingers. They fail to produce time and time again and in games where you need that little bit of quality to edge it, they could not produce.

They both look good taking on a man, but the pass is overhit, played square, and chipped into the box, with no thought of pulling the ball back for an incoming Leicester player. It isn't difficult to make those decisions a part of your game, it is poor decisions and execution over and over again.

Decent game, entertaining, exciting.(For the neutral).

Disappointing, obviously.

Thought it was a fairly even match but they slightly edged it, took their chance and were the better team. 

We were never scoring, it just wasn’t going to happen.

It feels more of a kick in the teeth because Leeds are going to push us every step of the way and a win tonight would have felt like we could conquer anyone this season.

But we didn’t and we have to use this to humble us, ground us (on and off the field - because whilst I’m fully on board with the excitement and optimism, I do feel we were perhaps getting abit above our stations all the debate on Twitter this week), we can use this as a positive to push on.

Onto the next one!

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we are about as good as we will be!!!

What holds this team back is the lack of quality coming from our wingers. They fail to produce time and time again and in games where you need that little bit of quality to edge it, they could not produce.

They both look good taking on a man, but the pass is overhit, played square, and chipped into the box, with no thought of pulling the ball back for an incoming Leicester player. It isn't difficult to make those decisions a part of your game, it is poor decisions and execution over and over again.

So why not bring Mcateer in 

For Casadei...replace with Soyunchu,Vesty,Kels,Hazma (believe it or not ) and numerous other players who have been slated on here.

Casadei is a kid and one thing is sure ,he tried tonight.

We lost and actually probably deserved a draw ,get over it,we have been very lucky up to now.

Hopefully Enzo learns lots from tonight.

• Like 1

I think we have become too predictable we mess about too much at the back, possession is one thing but if it doesn't convert into meaningful attacking play, what is the point. I feel tonight has been an eye opener given the quality we have on paper we still should able to find ways to beat teams like Leeds but they could have beaten us 3 0 tonight. Other teams will be looking at tonight game and thinking we are beatable, if you close us down, beat us to the challenge and break out on us.

40 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People turn quicker than milk...

I question the fans backbone..

We lose 2 (close) games and not a few,but many,first get their daggers out,

Create a tsunami of negative attitudes,towards a squad and manager that has taken to a solid start,warned us,that such games & lost point inevitable.

There are no massive changes or major tweaks needed,I deny all,that believe,certain players must always play,and others thrown to the side..

We have found a group & system,that will take us through this season,

they have already earned the right to be expecting fans patience.

But football is football and fans have the right to express certain areas of critic,

but not this OTT reactions to this close defeat to one of our top rivals..

• Like 1

Just now, southfox66 said:

I think we have become too predictable we mess about too much at the back, possession is one thing but if it doesn't convert into meaningful attacking play, what is the point. I feel tonight has been an eye opener given the quality we have on paper we still should able to find ways to beat teams like Leeds but they could have beaten us 3 0 tonight. Other teams will be looking at tonight game and thinking we are beatable, if you close us down, beat us to the challenge and break out on us.

Ah we will lose every game now 

7 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

I’m sorry we were absolutely gash tonight. Could easily bottle top 2. We will lose next week as well v borough 

Yeah well I'm booking my hotel for our league game with Wrexham next August as we speak, so who's the king of the overreaction now?

• Haha 1

Just now, adejo92 said:

Actually don't think we were much worse than any other game this season. Just so happens its the first team with any quality we have faced.

So we aren’t quality just total garbage… just lucky we have played San Marino every match 

Edited by foxes_rule1978