Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

51 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Strolled around thinking he was the best player on the pitch but can’t even use his right foot

One questions how stupid & ignorant fans are in their normal life,when told,proved

that 80% of Footballs historical stars and legends have been one footed..

But then insist in following a lost unnecessary agenda…

I am sure for tonight, whether a 8yrs old,a teenager, a romantic classic 20-40 yr old.middle aged, old gasping codger, one could bring some sort of worthwhile,

observation even critic to the table..instead of a jake the pake 2 legged-operation theory..:P

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Did anyone feel like one floating, labouring ball cut across from Fatawu to Mavididi was ever going to do anything all night?

Me neither. And we did it 9 times. Literally the most predictable I have seen us in ages and we offered nothing to change it.

We seemed to get far less players in the box tonight, hence why that ball was often the option chosen from both wingers. 

Leeds did defend incredibly well though and we just couldn't match their energy for some reason

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Did anyone feel like one floating, labouring ball cut across from Fatawu to Mavididi was ever going to do anything all night?

Me neither. And we did it 9 times. Literally the most predictable I have seen us in ages and we offered nothing to change it.

Said earlier in the thread, Fatawus decision making in the second hand was poor kept doing as you say when he should have been getting at his man

• Like 1

JJ lost the ball loads.

Casadei was woeful.

Vardy added nothing.

Wingers were decent and Ricky P solid pulling the strings with Winks.

BUT we missed some muscle in midfield.

No beef in there and got mugged off the ball loads.

Had the chances to win but overall we were a 6 out of 10 at best.

Leeds pressed well and did okay, they will definitely  be up there at the end.

Hard to take against them but I've just had some nice toast and some ready break with honey as some comfort food.

We are still well infront and Its just one of the things.

If we only lose 0-1 to Northern teams I think we will be fine.

Night night 

Edited by Raj

Just now, Raj said:

Jj lostbtge ball.loads.

Casadei was woeful.

Vardy added nothing.

Wingers were decent and Ricky P solid pullingbtgr strings with Winks.

BUT we missed some muscle in midfield.

No beef in there and got mugged off tgdball loads.

Had the chances to win but overall we were a 6 out of 10.

Leeds pressed well and did okay.

Hard to take against them but I've just had some nice toast and some ready break with honey as some comfort food.

We are still well infront and Its just one of the things.

If we only lose 0-1 to Northern teams I think we will be fine.

Night night 

Raj we didn’t have the chances to win overall? Leeds school’d us 

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Tbh on paper I think Leeds are almost a match for us, especially if we take off our blue tinted spectacles when we look at our beloved players. 

They have some real quality in there and that showed tonight. Thankfully, we have started the season on fire and so we have a nice gap to them even after tonight. 

No doubt they will be pushing the top 2, but they will drop points as well, and probably more than us over the course of the season, as has been happening so far. 

N'didi was a big miss tonight, and we just weren't at it, whereas Leeds played the near perfect game. We were still inches away from nicking a 1-1 at the death though. 

I guess the test is how we respond in next game !

• Like 1

I thought it was a tough game. We were sloppy a few times and lucky not to be punished. Fataawu first half compared to Fataawu second half was chalk and cheese. I could say the same for Madvidi. They did ok and we did ok. If one of ours went in, it’s a different story. 

If I was to criticise anything it was the one sub all game. 1-0 down at home. It’s quite surprising.

What is wrong with me feeling challenging playoffs would be good, giving the mess we were in, the players we lost. Enzo has done great, I would have laughed at anyone at the start of the season if you said we would only loss 2 games by a single goal and won 13. Maybe I’m just from a different era of leicester support when this is considered good. 13 wins 2 defeats I’m pretty happy 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Let’s face it when u play this keep ball and it includes playing back more than going forward , ur not going to create much , if we could only pass the ball forward like we do going backwards we might score more , even in the second half when we went forward there was very little movement up front they just stand still in the a line , maybe the manager needs to put more work into going forward 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyBoy said:

Raj we didn’t have the chances to win overall? Leeds school’d us 

Did you watch s different game?

How many chances did they have?

Fatwa was inches away from a stunner.

We could have had one at the end.

Hardly schooled by them ffs.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Agreed, our best player by a country mile. We need Ndidi back desperately. He makes us tick. Gonna be a big loss when he goes to AFCON

Praet should (hopefully) be back by then, and that should soften the loss

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Farke realised quickly our threat was from out wide so doubled up on them and Abdul floating a pointless cross for the 10th time starting to wind me up (I’m a big fan of his).

...I said you were going to see that constantly from him, I just do not understand why this part of his game has not been checked and corrected!!!

He has the ability to score in the manner of his shot that hit the post, he has done it loads of times, what I cannot understand is why he is getting under the ball. If you take a look at his recent goal, which finished high in the roof of the net and that I believe was done to him going to the ground whilst executing the shot, if he stayed on his feet it would have either gone over the bar or the bar would still be shaking now!!

Frustrating player.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

What is wrong with me feeling challenging playoffs would be good, giving the mess we were in, the players we lost. Enzo has done great, I would have laughed at anyone at the start of the season if you lost 2 games by a single goal and won 13. Maybe I’m just from a different era of leicester support when this is considered good 

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

This place lol

Record breaking start to the season, 11 points clear of third place, and we lose a tough, close match against a promotion rival and a team that was relegated with us last season, and all of a sudden we are bottlers and will barely make the play-offs lol

The combined hours watching football by people on this forum must be in the millions, yet many still can't quite accept that usually, one team loses a football match and it is virtually impossible to go a full season winning every match while simultanously playing buccaneering attacking football with an iron willed defence.

Some context at last.

Well done boys👍

I think it is fair to criticise Enzo for that.

Bringing Hamza on to try and crowd and already overcrowded midfield.

Not bringing McAteer on when Fatawu and Mavididi looked disinterested. 

Was screaming out for someone to play centrally with a striker and for KDH to move more advanced.

He knew what Leeds would bring, yet seemed to go with the same game plan and we just hit brick walls through that.

Maresca 3/10 tonight. Poor. We’d been better counter attacking all night.

3 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

This place lol

Record breaking start to the season, 11 points clear of third place, and we lose a tough, close match against a promotion rival and a team that was relegated with us last season, and all of a sudden we are bottlers and will barely make the play-offs lol

The combined hours watching football by people on this forum must be in the millions, yet many still can't quite accept that usually, one team loses a football match and it is virtually impossible to go a full season winning every match while simultanously playing buccaneering attacking football with an iron willed defence.

I expect us to be autos now lol I don’t think you get what I’m saying.. we lost a game of football, man city have lost too, no need to go overboard. Everything is good still 

16 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Yeh thought this was bizarre too. And less floaty but still lots of deep crosses first half. Either Mavididi to Fatawu or the other way around. Must have been a ploy for something but whatever it was, it didn't work.

15 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

You are another that didn’t watch before 2016, everything isn’t perfect so the records being broken don’t matter, because they are only in the second division. We are here for a reason

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1