Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

For people saying no plan B I think that is spot on. Enzo believes totally in plan A. He will stick to it through thick and thin. It’s going ok so far. No need to panic. Like I said earlier we were off the pace tonight, out played by Leeds, to many passengers. Casadie, KDH and Vardy were absolute trash. KDH better in the last 20. 

Hamza was excellent when he came on. Should have started but I doubt Enzo knew Casadie would be quite so shite. 

Still could have got something from the game bar a wonder save. Not all bad. 

2 minutes ago, Phube said:

I’m just curious as to why people are always so obsessed with shots on target like they really mean anything? 

I mean you could have a grubby mis-hit shot dribble to the goalie and there you have it +1 shot on target.

Or have a curling shot leave the keeper stranded, crash of the underside of the bar and get cleared no shot on target.

Have a shot that gets blocked going on target towards goal… no shot on target.

It a meaningless stat to get angry about.

All this Leeds deserved the win, with their six shots on target, they had one goal and caused Mads one mediocre save.

With our one shot on target a worldie save. 

I thought it was pretty even affair with Leeds taking a bit of luck.

A 0-0 or 1-1 would have been a fair result.

Agreed. I thought it was generally an even match with both teams having periods of dominance. Leeds probably edged it as they seemed more hungry. Maybe we had grown a little complacent and this result will give the team a little nudge to get back to winning ways.

1 hour ago, CaliFOXnia said:

I agree, I thought Leeds would be technically better than they were. It wasn't a beating in that regard, they didn't play us off the park. However what they did do is stopped us from enforcing our will on the game. They know we want to get into a rhythm and pop the ball about, move them around the park and exploit the spaces they leave. They pressed us hard and stopped us from doing that and we struggled to adapt. We were scruffy with the ball and didn't win it back as effectively as we have previously.

I understand the sentiment with the Blackburn and Sunderland reference, however the difference was Leeds, as you said, scored fortuitously and had the quality/gameplan to nullify our threats. Alot of teams won't, but the fact we couldn't/weren't willing to change was what was most apparent. 

For me we still lack a striker and miss Wilf in the middle of the park. I'm a big Casadei fan but he was miles off tonight. I also don't get the KDH level of hype at all. Absent tonight. 

I'm afraid to say that remains unproven, because we simply didn't pose any - first half we lacked energy and couldn't dominate possession, not because we were pressed, but because we were just, as you say, scruffy.  2nd half, with ricardo playing #8 and leeds holding on we looked better, but we got into that early season drag of just playing it around waiting for the perfect chance, the few times we did get in the box, well, it was back to the 'poor decision making, poor execution' of earlier in the season.

I feel like, subconsciously, they didn't really want to win it - the burden of going unbeaten was too heavy - and if you're going to crack, there's no shame in it being against a leeds side that, clearly, wanted it more than anything on earth.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think we fail to commit bodies into the box. As neither Stephy or Fats go for the six yard box. So leaving a solitary striker unless an attacking mid joins. 

I thought a number of times we were in a good positions on the wing but there was just nobody in the box so the ball had to be held up or went backwards 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

For people saying no plan B I think that is spot on. Enzo believes totally in plan A. He will stick to it through thick and thin. It’s going ok so far. No need to panic. Like I said earlier we were off the pace tonight, out played by Leeds, to many passengers. Casadie, KDH and Vardy were absolute trash. KDH better in the last 20. 

Hamza was excellent when he came on. Should have started but I doubt Enzo knew Casadie would be quite so shite. 

Still could have got something from the game bar a wonder save. Not all bad. 

I don't mind having a system that he has the utmost faith in but we'd not had any shots on target and chasing the game, it's not so much tearing it up and deploying something else but there's merit in changes to disrupt the opposition.

We had nothing in the box 2nd half, we needed Daka and Iheanacho. 

1 minute ago, deano1 said:

Can't help but think yet again vardy offering nothing surely it's time to give daka a try or start with nacho impossible do any worse vardy been woeful yet again but manager keeps starting him like playing with ten men 

Ffs.

He's started Iheanacho. 

We've won every game, bar 2.

As I've said elsewhere tonight, Vardy isn't exempt from criticism, but come on.

He'll be frustrated at himself for how he played. 

He's still got plenty to offer this season.

If we go up, then maybe not and our priority should be a striker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kenny2212 said:

Too slow in transition. By the time we get to our attacking third, our opponents are already regrouped. Also, we are "passing ourselves out of breath", too much passing with no end result. We had only one shot on target for the whole 90 minutes in our own backyard. Not good enough. Hermansen also should learn to go up in the air high far from our end of the pitch (a punt with some pace on it) when he receives backpasses. My thinking is that his team mates are in a tight situation that's why they are passing back to him, doesn't make sense if he then makes an on the grass pass back to his defence. No problem. We go again next week. God bless the foxes!

...we should have been looking to turn Leeds from the start that they had made!!!

It is all very well holding on to a style of play and trying to adhere to your principles, but balls over the top for our striker and Wide players to run on to, would have taken a lot of pressure off us. If anything it would have made their fullbacks work even harder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

Just seen the goal again.

Vesty, Faes & KDH stand in a line and do not move from the moment the corner is taken until the ball hits the net. They attacked and completely outnumbered us at the near post and then the rebound fell to 1 of 4 Leeds players in the 6 yard box. Not 1 Leicester player followed the ball in, instead they stood in a line nowhere near a single Leeds player 

Yes I also spotted that immediately, and went to replays,just to prove to myself,

why lose the first header,then 2nd ball for the goal…

It was a set up problem,poor cover & reaction…

This is the things we should discuss,and journalist and fans alike question..

It happens, the question is can players,Enzo team prevent it & learn from it..

# why lose first header??
# then contrive in the middle of that area,why lose 2nd ball and cover.

One single goal,between us and basics stopped us taking a point..

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't mind having a system that he has the utmost faith in but we'd not had any shots on target and chasing the game, it's not so much tearing it up and deploying something else but there's merit in changes to disrupt the opposition.

Whatever the question is with our attack, Daka has unfortunately shown every time he's come on that he is not the answer.

Leeds did a job on us. Half time came at completely the wrong time as we were just getting settled and starting to cause them issues, particularly Fatawu. After the break we really just didn’t get into the game at all and then as soon as they scored we were chasing the game. Casadei was really poor I thought; wasn’t switched on at all, poor positioning and gave the ball away cheaply far too often.  

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mate I absolutely agree. I’m 100% with you. I think you should have a plan B. You should change things up and not be afraid to ping it long or throw on another forward. Rigid belief in a system is good, but you have to have flexibility and a willingness to accept that your preferred method isn’t working. 

Like I said, though, it’s going ok currently, so no need to panic. 

1 hour ago, adamkhalifa said:

Another poor performance. This time we got unstuck by a more energetic, and hungry team.

When we are winning, the system feels great. When we lose, it hurts even more. 

Teams won't just sit back anymore. Time for plan B, I think. 

What all fans have to understand and accept, we players/management team are still in a learn,rebuild,rebuild  process. Surely one doesn’t expect any smooth run..

What we want to see,is the players,System,manager progress & not stand still.

I wonder after tonight’s reaction,how balanced our own fans are embracing this new exciting challenge..

off days,hiccups are going to be there..We are at the beginning taken great strides,but we’ll off completed project..

We still have new developement stages to offer..The jigsaw pieces still being sorted,even some cut has wild cards..

IMO Leeds as good as they are,this haste & up and at them method,they followed these last 2-3 seasons,even with new managers,will be good entertaining companions,but can falter and buckle easier than our new found method and ideology..

Edited by fuchsntf